‹ Prequel: It Started With a Song
Status: In progress... Like everything else

Interim

New York, New York

The drive took much longer than she planned on. Thank god for the extra gas money she'd brought, or she would have been stranded somewhere outside of Tennesee. She had spent each day in battered rent-by-the-hour motel rooms and had already turned a few tricks for extra money. It disgusted her, how easy it was, and how awful she felt. He had perfected her, and here she was, blowing truckers in diner parking lots like she'd never met him.

Finally, she made it. Almost a week after leaving Vegas, and she was in New York City. An open map of New York lay in the passenger seat, a tiny star marking the location of the local gathering place for all newcomers. She had managed to wrangle some information from a local rat in Vegas before her departure. Although she knew where she should go, she was too tired to worry about introductions tonight. She had fine-tuned the persona she had crafted for this trip while she was on the road trip. Best not to stretch any lies too far. She'd stick to what she knew. It'd be difficult to hide her tattoos and scars, but with the right makeup, it was entirely possible. She had no doubt that she could find someone shooting dirty movies in a basement that could toss a few bucks her way. Being an escort here would be too high-profile for her comfort, so she'd slum it until someone tasty came along.

The streets blurred in a drizzling rain, making the streetlights and neon bleed across the windshield in obscene streaks of color. She found a place to stay the day where she could pay cash and parked the car at a bar a few streets down.

Once she was in her room, she settled in, putting her bags in the bathroom after her shower and leaving the door unlocked. She also left a window cracked open. The trap was set. Her alarm was due to sound ten minutes before sunrise. She would nap until then, and hope her web caught a fat fly. She had smeared the makeup over her tattoos and scars and wore nothing but a sports bra and a pair of short shorts to lie down in. Just as she stretched out to sleep, she heard the door open.

Jackpot.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter coming momentarily.