Status: Complete! ❤

You Don't Own Me

twelve; so royally ***ed up

J's car pulled up a few minutes later and by that point Violet was curled into a ball on the ground having a full-on panic attack.

"Violet," J's voice echoed through her brain and she looked up at him with blurry eyes.

"J?" she asked, reaching for him. She was only slightly surprised when his hand found hers and held tightly.

"You're okay, Violet," he said gently, and without really realizing she was doing it, she crawled into his lap. He held her and kissed the top of her head.

"I'm sorry I didn't tell you about my father. I really didn't know about anything," she sobbed, and he shook his head.

"Don't be sorry. While you were gone I did some research and I believe that you didn't have anything to do with anything," he said, sounding hard and closed-off.

"You don't sound relieved," she said, but before he could respond, a pair of large black SUVs pulled up, one in front of them and one behind.

A bunch of J's henchmen got out of each and automatically started cleaning up the scene. Violet watched as two of them rolled the man she'd killed into a tarp and threw him into the back of one of the SUVs.

"What are they going to do with him?" she asked J. He didn't answer. Instead, he stood up and brushed himself off and reached for her hand to help her up. She took his outstretched hand and stood beside him. He walked to his car and she followed, not totally sure whether she was supposed to or not.

J got into the driver's seat and Violet stood outside the car hesitantly. She watched as J reached across the car and popped the passenger door open.

"Get in," he instructed, and she did as she was told even though she wasn't sure if it was a good idea.

J drove in the direction that she was pretty sure led to the house and sure enough, they pulled up in front of it a few minutes later. J got out and walked toward the front door and Violet followed him cautiously, not sure what else to do.

As soon as the front door closed behind them, J pushed Violet against the wall and kissed her in a manner that was almost violent. She kissed him back and wrapped her arms around him tightly, one of her hands finding its way into his hair and tugging lightly. He growled under his breath and let out a small laugh.

"I suppose you're taking back kicking me out, then?" she asked with her lips still pressed against his. He shrugged.

"I didn't say that necessarily. You are pretty... annoying," he said, his lips trailing down to her neck.

"Like you're not?" she asked, and he shrugged again.

"Didn't say that either," he mumbled, picking her up and carrying her up the stairs bridal-style.

She giggled and couldn't help but notice the ravenous look on his face. He kicked open the door of his bedroom and tossed her on the bed. Before she even really realized it was happening, her shirt was off and he was kissing her all over.

~~~~~


A while later, they were covered in sweat and their limbs were tangled together under his soft silk sheets.

"Don't you leave me again. Ever," he commanded quietly, twisting a strand of her long hair around a finger.

"You told me to," she said, listening to his heartbeat from her place with her head rested on his chest.

"Nobody forced you to listen."

"Why don't you want me to leave?" she asked, fully expecting the annoyed look he gave her.

"What do you want me to say?" he asked, and she knew he knew already.

"Tell me how you feel," she said, and he seemed to think about it for a long time.

"I feel like we're both so royally fucked up that a relationship between us will probably never work," he said, and she nodded.

"Definitely," she said, smiling.

"I feel like... I feel like that's the exact reason we should keep doing... whatever it is we're doing," he said, and she rolled her eyes.

"Definitely," she said, tracing a fingers lightly over the tattoos on his chest.

"I feel like I love you. I don't know if it's actually something I'm capable of, but I think so," he said, and she laughed loudly at how confused he sounded.

"Thanks, J. I think I probably love you too," she said, catching his lips with hers before he could say anything else.