Pink Hair, Dead Eyes

what i've got will make you feel more alive

When the back door to the club opens, Tommy looks up, lips curving around the cigarette hanging from them. Here she is, Randi Rose, changed out of her stage clothes and now in ripped shorts and a t-shirt. She’s still covered in glitter, though. Her purse is nearly as big as she is and Tommy holds out a hand. “Want me to take that?”

She laughs. “Over my dead body. My life is in here.”

It’s a sad life from what he’s seen, but his isn’t much better and at least he gets to spend some of it with her, even if they’re just small moments.

He just shrugs, though then offers her a cigarette. She takes it, thanking him softly as she pulls a lighter from her pocket. The first drag she takes is long and deep and Tommy watches as she blows all of the smoke out through her nose.

“You looked great tonight,” he tells her as they begin walking.

“Thanks.”

They make their way toward her apartment complex. She doesn’t talk much. She never wants to. Tommy always does, though, so he just prattles on about his day, not really caring if she’s listening and admiring her as she walks next to him. He follows her closely up the concrete stairs, brushing against her when she makes quick work of her door.

As soon as she’s inside, she swaps her cigarette for a piece of gum, blowing bubbles the color of her hair. She sheds her clothes without caring that she has an audience. She always does. It doesn’t faze her anymore. Tommy both appreciates and is a little put off by it.

She cuts a few lines of coke, taking two back to back, looking back to Tommy with large eyes. “Want a drink? I’ve got some tequila in the kitchen.”

He nods noncommittally and goes to grab it. Once he has his hands on it, he uncaps the glass bottle, takes a swig then hands it to her.

“Thanks.”

“It’s your liquor,” he laughs.

He sits next to her on the battered couch, leaning back and putting an arm on the cushion behind her.

“So uh… Are we gonna…”

She swallows a huge gulp of the burning liquid and makes a face. “Christ, Tommy, can I wind down for a few minutes before we fuck? I just need a few god damn minutes!”

“Yeah,” he nods. “Yeah, of course, I’m sorry. We don’t even have to tonight. I mean, if you don’t want to.”

She holds a hand up to silence him and he shuts his mouth. Randi can be a bitch. Tommy knows this. But the prospect of getting his dick wet is exciting enough for him to put up with her mood swings.

Plus, he’s kind of crazy about her.
♠ ♠ ♠
Death Valley - Fall Out Boy