Status: Please comment and let me know what you think.

Being Seventeen

Chapter One

The door banged against the bedroom wall. My eyes sprang open. Andie, get up.” Damn said. I didn’t know what was more annoying, the door banging or Damon’s voice. “Five more minutes,” I sighed. I heard footsteps cross the floor. “What was that,” Damon asked. “Five minutes is all I want." I yanked up the blanket and made sure I was covered. I sat up, "Out.” “Get up." "Out," I repeated. Damon smirked as if he were a Peeping-Tom. "Up now," Damon said. "You little perverted creep," I said. I grabbed the nearest book. The book fell to the floor behind him. “I’ll be back in five minutes. If you aren’t up, I’ll drag you out.” Damon closed the door behind him. I hopped up and started going through my closet. God, I need new clothes, I thought.
I grabbed a dress off the chair. Nope, too big. It would swallow my petite figure. I randomly grabbed a sweatshirt and jeans. Behind me, the door opened. “Out,” I said. “Christie’s here,” Damon said. “Does no one respect privacy around here,” I asked. He laughed and walked out. I threw on my clothes, grabbed my bag and quickly went downstairs. Thankfully, Damon and my mother were both gone already so they couldn’t give me hell about being late once again. I hastened outside to Christie’s car.
I threw my bag in the back and got in. “Sorry, I overslept,” I said. “Yeah, Damon told me,” Christie said, backing out of the driveway. I stared out the window and remembered being in the car with my dad. My stare turned into a trance and I let the music wash my thoughts away. “Earth to Andie,” Christie said waving her hand in front of my face. I blinked a few times and noticed we were at school. “Sorry, I must have dozed off.” Christie looked at me. She knew I was lying. That’s the thing about friendship, you can lie and say you’re fine or you dozed off, and they know you’ll tell them what happened eventually.
Christie hugged me before heading to class. “You’ll get through this. We’ll get through it. Together,” she whispered. I hugged her tightly. I stood there watching her walk away, until the bell shook me out of my thoughts. I hurried to class. The day drug by slowly, until 4th period. 4th period was English with my favorite teacher, Mr. Mason Blake. Mr. Blake isn’t like the other teachers. He cusses, he’s blunt, and extremely sarcastic. He’s the only one, besides Christie, that I feel like I can talk to. "Hey, it's the ice princess," the group of popular guys in the back snickered as I walked in. I flipped them the bird and went to my seat. "Don't pay attention to them," Nick, the guy next to me, said. "I don't," I snapped. Nick raised his hands in surrender. "Hey, just trying to help." Before I could respond, Mr. Blake walked in and clapped his hands. Everyone became silent. He went to the closet and wheeled out the T.V. The class visibly relaxed. Mr. Blake turned on Beowulf and walked to his seat to do whatever it is teachers do. When the bell rang, no one moved. That was a first. Mr. Blake shut the T.V. off and clapped his hands. "Come on, time for lunch," he said, walking back to his desk. Everyone hurried out; except me, that is. I slowly packed my stuff up and approached Mr. Blake's desk. "Hey," I said tentatively. "Hey Andie," he replied. "Nice movie choice," I said. "Yeah, I figured most of your classmates wouldn't be thrilled if we had to read it," Mr. Blake said. "True," I laughed. "Do you have a copy of it," I asked quietly. He got a book from the shelf behind his desk. "Here," he said, handing it to me. "Hang on to it for awhile." "Really," I asked. He nodded. "Thanks," I said. "Get out of here," he said. I laughed. "Always nice talking to you." "Likewise," he replied. I worked my way to the lunchroom. At least there was no line now. I got my food and headed outside. I saw Damon and his group of friends as I cut across the lunchroom. Ugh, every time I was reminded of Damon's popularity it made me sick. I almost ran outside. Christie was sitting on the low wall we had claimed as ours a couple of years ago. "I'm still staying at your house this weekend, right," she asked as I sat down. "As far as I know," I said. Christie started talking about some test she had to take next week, and I kinda zoned out. I was looking across the courtyard, and my eyes stopped on Michael Ray. "Oooh, someone likes what she sees," Christie teased. "He's cute." She turned around to see who had caught my eye. "Yes," she said. "Oh, hey, I forgot to tell you I figured out where he worked." "Well," I said impatiently. "Where." "The movie store," Christie said laughing. "What are you thinking," she said a few moments later. "What do you mean," I asked. "You have this look. Like you're planning something," she said. I grinned. "You'll see."