Assemble the Kingsman

Chapter 2.

After I told Granddad I would join Kingsman again, he had a relieved look on his face. He told me he wanted me to move back into the manor so I wouldn't be far from work. What was mum going to say? I didn't want to leave her alone. When Dad died, I was worried she would turn out like Eggsy's mum and date some abusive dick. I did have to give my mum credit though. When Dad died, she was at her strongest. She never cried in front of me and would hold me and tell me how much my dad loved us. I just hoped this news wouldn't affect her as bad as I think it will.

I said my goodbye to Grandad and walked home with Milo. It seemed to get dark quickly. Soon my phone started to vibrate in my pocket. I grabbed it while walking Milo and looked at the caller ID. 'Eggsy '. I smiled and answered it.

"Hello Eggsy." At first I couldn't hear anything and what just sounded like tires squealing and blowing wind. Then I heard sirens. "Eggsy? Eggsy! Are you okay?." Suddenly I heard laughing.

"Hey Sophie! Guess where we are?" Eggsy asked on the other end. "Eggsy please tell me you haven't gotten into trouble again!" Eggsy laughed louder and I could hear his two other friends in the background. "Remember that prick that knows Dean? I nicked his car and now the cops are chasing us." I stopped in my tracks and pulled Milo's leash to make him stop. "Eggsy what the fuck?! The police are chasing you?! Are you out of your fucking mind?!" I yelled. "Oh that's not even the best part Soph! I'm driving in reverse down the streets and we're looking straight at the cops right now!" The boys were laughing and yelling.

"Eggsy stop that fucking car now! You're going to kill yourselves!" Then I heard a crash. Eggsy got back on the phone. "Soph. We might be fucked. I'll have to call you back." Eggsy hung up without another word. I looked at my phone with an unbelievable look. "Goddamn it Eggsy…" I muttered. It started to rain then and I pulled Milo along and we ran home.

When Milo and I got home, Mum was up watching David Beckham on tv. She looked up and saw me when I shut the door. "Hey sweetie, how was talking with your grandfather?" She asked. I shrugged while taking Milo's leash off. "S'alright, I guess." I sat down next to her on the couch. Mum looked at me. "He said something to you didn't he?" I looked at her and gave her a sheepish look. "He wants me to go back to Kingsman." When I said that, I thought mum would blow a fuse and yell and tell me how I'm not going. When I looked at her, all she did was smile at me. Not a fake smile but a real sincere one. "That's great news baby." Is all mum said. I looked at her really fucking confused. "Mum, granddad just told me to join the Kingsman and he wants me to go live back at the manor. Which means I won't be around as much. I thought you would've flipped out or something." Mum smiled and shook her head.

"When have I ever flipped out Sophie? I understand if your grandfather needed you, it must have been very important. Trust me I know your grandfather. You already know I was in Kingsman too dear." I smiled slightly at Mum.

"I thought you would've been afraid to be alone mum. I know after Daddy died, you tried to be strong for me. I was worried about you. I didn't want you to be alone." I said. Mum held my hand.

"Honey I know. It was hard when your father died but I realized your father died while helping save the world. He protected not just us but all of mankind. Your father didn't die in vain. I will find love again someday but it will be a long time before that happens. Sweetheart…go save the world." I hugged mum as tightly as I could. Mum patted my back.

"C'mon Soph, I'll help you pack." For the rest of the evening, Mum helped me pack all of my stuff I wanted to take with me when I move. When I was getting all of Milo's stuff too, I noticed a picture of Eggsy and me on my nightstand. I smiled and picked it up and looked at it. It was from when we were at the park with his little sister Daisy and his mum. Eggsy and I were sitting on the ground next to each other and Daisy was sitting in Eggsy's lap while Eggsy had one arm wrapped around me. It was a great day that was. I put the picture in with the rest of my stuff and taped the box shut. Mum and I spent the rest of the night with Milo talking about everything while drinking hot cocoa. While we were talking, I thought about Eggsy as well. I hoped he would be alright. This move is going to be hard for me because I won't be able to see Eggsy as much either. Boy was I wrong.

When morning came, I decided to get ready early. I moved quietly from the couch, trying not to wake Mum up. I fed Milo and walked to the bathroom to make myself look decent. Once when I was finished, I blow dried my hair and then put it into a long French braid. I put on a tight white t-shirt, black leather tights and my black boots. I almost felt like Lara Croft. I walked out back to the living room when I heard my phone ring. I didn't recognize the caller ID.

"Hello?"
"Guinevere, its Galahad. I need you to meet me at the police station."

"Why? What's going on?"

"No time for questions, the cab is already waiting for you outside so please come immediately." The call had ended and I no longer heard Harry's voice. I looked outside my window to see the small black cab waiting outside for me. Whatever Harry wanted, it must've been important. I put on Milo's leash on him and we left the house quietly. The cab had taken us to the police station and I saw Harry standing by the steps. I thanked the driver as I got out and walked up to Harry. I looked around for any danger.

"Harry why are we here?" I asked him. Harry cleared his throat and adjusted his glasses. "Just wait one moment Guinevere." I huffed and leaned against the wall. I didn't understand why the fuck we were here. I looked around and didn't see any danger about but then I saw a tall boy with a cap on his head and wearing a Kingsman necklace. It was Eggsy!

"Eggsy!" I said running up to him. He looked around confused first and his eyes lit up when he saw me. He held his arms out and hugged me tightly. "I'm so glad you're okay." He smiled brightly and he looked like he was leaning down to kiss me. My heart started to race and I smacked his chest suddenly while he was trying to block himself from my hits.

"Ouch Soph! What the fuck are you hitting me for?" Eggsy asked shouting.

"You stupid fuck, you could've gotten yourself killed. Don't ever pull a stunt like that again! You nearly gave me a heart attack!" Eggsy gave a sad smile and pulled me into his arms again.

"Awee Soph. I'm sorry babe, I didn't mean to scare you." I held him tightly to me, thinking he would disappear if I left go. Soon Harry had cleared his throat. Eggsy and I then pulled away from each other.

"Eggsy, would you like a lift home?" Harry asked with a serious look. Eggsy turned to face Harry and looked at him confused. "Who're you?" Eggsy asked.

"The man who got you released." So Harry was the one who got Eggsy free. Thank god for Harry being so wonderful. I don't know what I would've done if I couldn't see Eggsy for eighteen months.

"That ain't an answer." Eggsy seemed to get a little hostile towards Harry. "A little gratitude would be nice." I put my hand on Eggsy's shoulder to comfort him and went to go stand next to Harry.

"Eggsy, this is a colleague of mine I work with. He was able to push your paper work through and get you out this morning. Please at least show some gratitude. If it weren't for him you'd still be in jail right now."

"My name is Harry Hart. I gave you that medal. Your father saved my life." Eggsy looked at Harry with a slight bit of shock and looked at me then. Harry spoke again to try and diffuse the tension.

"I can see this may be a lot for you to take in right now so what say we all head to the Black Prince pub and have a nice drink?" Harry started to walk to the cab and Eggsy and I followed. I sat on the end on ride to the pub with Milo sitting in my lap. I looked over at Eggsy and he had his thinking look on his face again. I put my hand on his and Eggsy looked over at me. I gave him a small smile and he returned it back. He held my hand tightly on the way there. When we got to the pub, we all sat down at a booth and each picked our own poison. Eggsy started asking Harry all these questions. He assumed Harry was just a normal tailor and was in the army before.

Before Eggsy asked anymore questions, Harry openly said the rest was classified information.

Eggsy asked Harry about his dad saving Harry's life. I've never seen Eggsy so lit up. I was glad I was seeing him smile again. Not when he caused trouble, but learning and hearing about his dad and how big of a hero he was. That boy needed to smile more than anything. Harry started in then about Eggsy's life.

"And having read your files I think he would be bitterly disappointed in the choices you've made." Harry said.

"You can't talk to me like that." Eggsy said with a bitter tone. I felt awkward then being in present in this conversation. What Harry said was a bit harsh but it was the truth. Eggsy's father would be disappointed in him.

"Huge IQ, great performance in primary school. And it all went tits up. Drugs, petty crime, never had a job." Harry said, stretching that last sentence out.

"Oh you think there's a lot of jobs out there do ya?" Eggsy asked with a pissed off looked and his arms crossed.

"Doesn't explain why you gave up your hobbies." Harry started. "First prize regional Undertens gymnastics two years in a row. Your coach had you paved as Olympic team material." I saw what Harry was doing. Eggsy has made many mistakes in life because of having no real father figure in his life. So what could he really do? He ended up blaming it all on his step-dad that he has now. Eggsy could've stopped himself from making those mistakes.

"Blame it on someone else. Who's to blame for you quitting the Marines? You were half way through training, doing brilliantly but then you gave up." Harry was then interrupted by Eggsy's loud voice.

"My mum went mental. Banging on about losing me as well as my dad. Then what we be? Canon fodder for snobs like you? Judging people like me and Sophie from your ivory towers. No thought about why we do what we do. If it wasn't for Sophie being here, I wouldn't fuckin' be here. We ain't got much choice, ya get me? And if were born with the same silver spoon up our asses we'd do just as well as you if not better-"

"Eggsy shut the fuck up!" Harry and Eggsy both looked at me shocked. I look up at him and started. "You made the mistakes. You could've stopped yourself. And don't you dare say you wouldn't be here if I wasn't here. That kills me when you talk like that. You had a chance to be better than that fuckin' piece of shit stepdad of yours. You still can be! Acting like the mistakes you made are everyone else's fault will get you nowhere!"

Harry turned back to look at Eggsy. Eggsy look at the table with a pissed then looked at me with that puppy dog look. He grabbed my hand across the table and held it when we all heard,

"What the fuck you doin' here? You takin' a piss?"