Back Into Your Arms

Chapter 14

He was outside of my apartment building at 6 am on the dot.

“Morning” he said to me shivering from the cold. He helped me get my suitcase in the back of the car. I noticed there was someone in the driver’s seat.
I got into the car. The guy in the driver’s seat turned around to greet me.

“Hey there” he said to me, I smiled awkwardly.

“Hi, I’m Melody Riley” I introduced myself.

“I know” he said to me and smiled. He looked over at John who was getting in the car. He had been fixing the suitcases in the back.

“Oh Melody, you probably don’t remember, but this is Pat Kirch”

“Did I know you before, Pat?”

“We went to high school together”

“Did we really?”

“Yeah we were pretty close, we had P.E together, I was a freshman when you were a sophomore”

“He usually doesn’t drive in NY but he volunteered to drive us to the airport because he really wanted to see you” John added.

Pat just laughed shyly.

“I’m sorry I don’t remember you Pat, but maybe we can start anew. You’re the drummer of the band huh?”

“I am”

“I loved your drumming in American Candy”

“Thanks Melody” he blushed.

“Okay, okay, you guys can catch up as we head over there how about that?” John said turning on the car for Pat. Pat just laughed.

When we got to the airport, we said goodbye to Pat, checked in our luggage, passed the security check and got to our waiting area.
We hadn’t really said much to each other.

“How did you find out about your parents?” he asked me.

I looked over at him.

“Julie, I called and asked her”

“You still talk to Julie?”

“Yeah, we moved over here when we were barely 18 you know, it was really tough back then but she stuck through it all with me”

“So you’ve been living here in New York ever since the accident?”

I nodded.

“My parents were cruel huh?”

“Yeah” he sighed.

“Why did they not like you John?”

“Gosh, that’s a question I’ve been asking myself for the past 12 years…I really don’t know Melody, they never liked me. Maybe it’s because I was always dressed like an emo punk, or because I didn’t want to go to college but rather start a band, maybe it was because we weren’t wealthy enough, they never did tell me the reason”

I nodded

“But they let me date you, so they had to have not hated you completely”

“They only let me date you, because you were the one that asked me out. They had to respect the agreement you had already made with me”

“I what? I asked you out?”

“You did”

“Wow”

“Why are you so surprised?”

“I can’t see myself doing that” I admitted.

“Why not?”

“I’m afraid of rejection, I would never do something so risky”

He laughed a little.

“I think you were sure I would say yes”

“I guess…gosh I wish I could remember” I said hitting my head lightly.

“I do too” he said looking at his hands.

“How did you feel when you found out I had lost my memory?”

“My world stopped. I wanted to see you and they wouldn’t let me. I felt guilty for what had happened”

I nodded trying to take it all in.

“What did happen that day John?”

“The day of the accident?”

“Yeah”

“What did they tell you?”

“Not much, they said I was going to sleep over at Julies when a car ran a red light and hit me”

“Wow, they really covered everything up”

“Tell me John, tell me what happened”
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you to my new subscribers! and especially to the person who recommended, that was very sweet of you! Subscribing means more to me than you guys think. Every new subscriber means that people are actually interested in seeing how this story will end! I appreciate every person reading, but if you want to encourage me to continue posting this story, please don't forget to subscribe!