Back Into Your Arms

Chapter 29

“Mel’s remembering a lot of things lately” I explained to my parents over breakfast.

“I think coming over here and spending time with you really helped her” my mom said, she was sitting across from me.

“Yeah, I think so too, I can’t wait until she comes back I want to take her out on dates”

“So, you guys are really dating again?” my dad said raising an eyebrow.

“Yeah, she said she was willing to try to get to know me again” I said scratching my neck.

“Don’t mess it up, you got another chance with her, last time it was her parents but don’t let it be you this time”

My dad was right, dating as adults was such a bigger deal.
It wouldn’t be the same as when we were kids.

“Suggestions on things I need to work on?”

“Don’t drink so much”

“And try to refrain that tongue of yours, you curse way too much” my mom added.

“I’ve never cursed in front of you!” I complained to my mother. I couldn’t believe she was actually lecturing me about this.

“Oh but I watch all your videos and interviews John and you curse at least once with every sentence, Mel never liked that and I’m sure she still doesn’t like that now”

I sighed.

“Fine, I’ll work on it”

“How does she feel about your tattoos?”

I looked down at my chest and arms.
She hadn’t mentioned anything about it.

“She hasn’t said anything…yet”

“Just make sure to keep your shirt on, at all times, don’t want you to scare her off" my mom said shaking her head but laughing about it at the same time.

I laughed, I loved that my parents were looking out for me.

“I will”

“I hope you both do realize though, that if you get into a serious relationship again, her parents are still going to be a problem”

“We’re adults now though…”

“That doesn’t make it any easier, son”

“I know, but I think we can work out it out this time”

“Alright, as long as you have a plan”

I simply nodded.

I was scared of meeting her parents, I looked more like bad news now than I looked then, but I wanted to believe that maybe they would accept me now.
That maybe time affected them in the same way it did me, and they had learned to see things a different way.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just for my sweet subscriber Twisted;;Symphony who comments the loveliest things. I don't usually post this often, I need to start writing more so that I can continue to post as often as possible but still maintain quality work. Love you guys!