Back Into Your Arms

Chapter 34

What are you thinking about?” I asked him, he looked extremely pensive.

He looked over at me and smiled.

“C’mon let’s go dance!” he said standing up and extending me his hand to help me get up.

I shook my head and waved my hands around telling him no, but he just nodded with a grin.

“I can’t dance!” I exclaimed.

“Oh c’mon!” he grabbed my hands and helped me up and pulled me to the dance floor. Some of his friends already dancing.

He started busting his best moves with Kennedy, I just laughed and tried to dance along to the beat.

He danced terribly, but he looked so happy.

At some point, I got too tired and had to sit down. The guys continued dancing but I went over and sat down with Tessa.

“Mind if I sit with you?” I asked her. She shook her head.

“Don’t mind at all”

I smiled and sat down next to her, taking a sip from my water.

“The guys are crazy, as you can see” she said and laughed.

“They have so much energy it’s incredible!”

“Right?” she agreed and laughed.

“So, how are you and John doing?”

I blushed, I wasn’t really used to people asking me about my relationships.

“I like to believe we are doing well, I mean, so far, things are great…”

“I’m really sorry to ask, but I’m just curious, you still haven’t talked to your parents?”

I was surprised she knew the story.

“You’re familiar with the story?”

She nodded.

“Yeah, Jared told me about it a long time”

I nodded.

“Yeah, it’s quite a story huh? I haven’t told my parents…I’m just afraid of what they will say”

“They live in Tempe, right?”

“Right”

“What if they see you with John out on the street?”

“They saw me with John at the airport today”

“What? What did they say?”

“They didn’t recognize him, they thought he was my ex”

“Wow, so much drama”

“I know” I sighed.

“But, you like John, right? Even if you don’t remember your past with him?”

I looked over at John dancing, I smiled.

“I do, a lot more than I thought I would”

“He’s a good guy, kind of goofy and silly sometimes, but he’s a good person”

I nodded.

“Anyways, tell me, you’re a professional chef too but you specialize in baking, right?” I asked her.

“Right! I have a blog where I post recipes” she said taking her phone out to show me.

“How cool! Tell me more about it”

When the night was over, John’s friends helped clean up the house and said goodbye to me one by one.

The last ones to leave were Jared and Tessa, I exchanged numbers with Tessa and made plans to visit her on her filming and baking days.

John closed the door and then looked over at me.

“You really don’t want them to give you a ride home?”

I shook my head.

“I’ll stay here tonight”

“I’m sorry I drank, I forgot I needed to take you home”

“It’s okay, there’s a room for me here anyway”

“Did you enjoy the party?”

“I really did, they don’t throw party’s like these in New York”

John smile-yawned and sat down on the couch, patting the spot next to him for me to sit down.

“Those rooftop parties are fun; don’t tell me you never went to one”

“I did, once, but it was a disaster”

“How come?”

“Julie left me at the party”

He sat up straight.

“She what?”

“Yeah, she left me, the party was in Manhattan and we lived in Brooklyn, that’s like 45 minutes away, and she just left me because she ran off with her now husband”

“What did you do?”

“I panicked, I was 22 then, I hurried down the building and tried catching a taxi”

“Wait” he said getting closer to me, “Manhattan?”

“Yes”

“You were 22?”

“I was”

“Was the party on the upper east side of Manhattan?”

“Yeah it was but how did you guess that?” I asked confused.

“Wow, this is incredible”

“What happened? How do you know?”

“I saw you Mel”

“You saw me?”

“You were crying right? There were no cabs in sight huh?”

“Yes, yes but how?-”

He laughed, putting his hands on his face.

“I called you a cab”

“You called me a cab?”

“Yup, I honestly thought I had just seen someone who looked like you, you looked so sad, I was pretty much drunk, which is why I didn’t fully recognize you but I called you a cab”

I looked at him. This was incredible.

I had never cried so hard before that night, there were no taxi’s in sight because of the hour of the night. I remember almost giving up, I had been calling Julie and she wasn’t answering, when a taxi appeared out of nowhere, in front of me, without me even having to wave it over.

“Had I known it was you, I probably would have lost my mind, so good thing I didn’t recognize you then”

“I’m really thankful that you called me cab, I was on the brink of an anxiety attack that night”

I scooted over closer and leaned into him. He put his arm around me and we just sat there for a good while.

“I’m really happy being here with you” I whispered to him.

“You are?”

“Extremely happy, my heart is just rejoicing in happiness” I said and giggled.

“I’m really thankful to be alive right now, but honey let’s go to sleep because I’m drained” he said as he yawned once again.

“Honey?” I asked surprised.

“Sweetheart”

“Sweetheart?”

“Babe? I don’t know, what do you want me to call you?”

I just giggled. This was something entirely new for me, hearing those words come out of his mouth made me feel all warm and shy.

“Snuggle bug? Honey bee? My everything?” he asked. I just snorted and stood up, he followed.

I entered my room and pretended I was going to close the door in his face, but I left it open enough that he could still see my face and I could still see his.

“Amore Mio?” he asked grinning.

“Goodnight, get some sleep, I’ll make you breakfast in the morning”

“Something sweet?” he asked me.

“Sure, if you want something sweet”

“Sweetheart it is” he said and laughed walking away. I just shook my head and laughed.

I was slowly but surely falling in love with him again, I felt so happy I could dance, and so I did.
♠ ♠ ♠
Might not be posting again this week, I think it's time I re-read my story and check for things I might have forgotten that are crucial to re-address in the coming chapters. If you guys have any unanswered questions, other than the main questions like: What are her parents hiding and if she will get her memory back completely, please don't hesitate to ask. Don't forget to subscribe to know when I update again! Love you guys so much!