Back Into Your Arms

Chapter 39

I was at Helen’s house, showing her my outfits for the concert. We had gotten closer after I had moved back to Arizona. It turned out she was a fan of The Maine and she couldn’t believe I was dating John, or that I had dated him in the past.

“So many songs must be about you huh?” she had asked me one day while we were having coffee.

“Oh gosh, I don’t know” I blushed embarrassed. I tried not to think too much about that.

“No, like really, I can’t believe I’m sitting here with the girl who inspired some of my favorite songs, like what an honor” she said laughing.

“You know, the problem is that I don’t remember much, so I don’t know which ones are about me”

“I’m sure all the lovey dovey ones are about you”

“They could be about other girls, he dated quite a lot of ladies these past years”

“I suppose so, but still, that’s really cool Mel”

She had left me wondering what songs were about me, and what songs were about the others.

I showed her one of my outfit choices.

“The other dress looks better, but like do you really want to wear a dress to a concert?” she asked me.

“That’s what I don’t know, I’ve never been to a concert”

“Just be yourself girl, don’t try so hard”

“Myself?”

“Yeah, you have your own style going on”

“So like my converse, yoga pants and a loose workout shirt?” I asked laughing.

“Okay, that’s your lazy self. I’m talking about Melody Riley the confident 28-year-old”

“I don’t think I’ve met that person, have you?”

She just laughed.

“Mel, relax, it’s just a concert”

“But it’s not Helen, he warned me that there will probably be fans there, and it’s my first public appearance with John”

“More of a reason to be yourself, let the fans judge you as yourself, not as someone pretending to be someone else”

I sighed heavily, she was completely right but the pressure was still on. Fans could be sweet or mean, there was hardly an in-between.

“Okay, I’ll figure an outfit out and facetime you”

“Yeah, you do that, and relax, okay? Have fun tomorrow!”

I nodded and gave her a hug, I waited for John to pick me up. I had taken the bus to Helen’s but he had insisted to pick me up.

I waited about 5 minutes and he was outside.

“You look distressed” he said looking concerned.

“I’m all good”

“Mel”

The way he said my name made my entire act collapse.

“Yeah, you’re right, I’m not”

“Are you still stressing about the fans?”

“Yeah”

“If you want we can do something else”

“No, no, it’s fine, I have to overcome this at some point or another”

“The fans have been pretty supportive of the girlfriends of the rest of the guys”

“John, you’re the lead singer of the band, and you have never introduced a girl as your official girlfriend, you really think your fans will take this lightly?”

He rubbed his face with his hands, he knew I had a point.

“The fans won’t even know; I’m not announcing it on social media. There will be people there that are fans of our band, but trust me the whole place won’t be full of fans, it’s going to be okay, I promise”

“I’m really insecure about these things”

“Don’t be”

“I know”

“C’mon let’s go have lunch”

“Alright” I said to him, but I was still feeling very uneasy. What if I wasn’t considered good enough for John?
♠ ♠ ♠
Been the longest weekend of my life. 5 days just sitting on a bus, taxi, car, plane, traveling visiting all of my dad's family in Mexico! I'm so tired, I've only been home for like 7 hours, but I really wanted to post something for you guys! Hope you guys liked it! More on Thursday!