Back Into Your Arms

Chapter 43

Tessa was running late, so instead of waiting for her in the car in the late-night summer heat, I decided to get off and wait for her inside.

“Table for two” I told the hostess.

“It’s actually going to be like a 15-20-minute wait, is that okay?”

I looked around, the place was clearly packed. The waiting area inside was full too, there were no places to sit.

“Um, yeah, we’ll wait, thank you” I said to her and politely tried to move through the crowd of people arriving to the restaurant.

To my dismay, I was forced to wait outside. It wasn’t 100 degrees anymore but it sure felt like it.

I texted Tessa to let her know I would be waiting for her outside and took a seat on one of the outside benches.

I looked around as I saw a blonde step out, she looked my way and locked eyes with me, she looked familiar but I shook it off and instead I looked down at my phone, reading mindless feed on my Twitter.

I heard the woman make her way towards me. The clicking of her heels getting louder and louder.

She took a seat next to me.

I looked over at her confused from the corner of my eye.

She was smoking a cigarette and the moment I looked up she blew a puff of smoke towards me.

She laughed at my reaction. She reached for her purse and took out a pack of cigarettes and offered me one.

“No thank you, I don’t smoke” I replied.

“Really?” she scoffed.

“Yeah”

“He loves to smoke you know” she said as she relaxed on the bench. Her body movements made her seem even more confident than she already looked. I was confused as to who she was talking about, or who she even was to begin with.

“I’m sorry, who?” I asked still trying to remain polite with the stranger.

“You really don’t know him at all, do you?”

“Do I know you?”

“You don’t” she said blowing another puff of smoke in my direction, “You don’t know him, or know me” she added.

“I think you’re confusing me for the wrong person or something” I said as I stood up, this conversation was becoming too uncomfortable for me.

All she did in return was laugh.

“You’re his new toy, but from the looks of it, not for long” she said standing up.

“Whose new toy?” I demanded.

“John’s” She smiled, dropping her cigarette to the floor and stepping on it.

I was left with nothing to say. Stunned. She just walked away just like that, back into the restaurant.
There was nothing I could argue or say for I had no clue who she was.

I sat back down on the bench trying to process what had just happened.
She had called me John’s new toy, and had also told me that I didn’t know him at all.

“You’re not going to last” she had told me at the concert.

This person was already messing with my mind.

“What’s wrong?”

I looked up, Tessa was standing in front of me.

“Blonde, curvaceous woman, she looks maybe 25, tall, gives off the vibe of a model, who the heck is she?”

“Blonde?”

“Yes, blonde, she knows John”

Tessa looked at me confused.

Her eyes then went wide.

“Oh no”

“Who is she Tessa?”

“I-I didn’t know she was back”

“Tessa I need to know; she keeps on encountering me and telling me these vague but mean things and I’m just left at a loss for words”

“Her name is Kristina”

“Kristina?”

“Yeah”

“Wait-the Kristina from the song?” I asked as my mind was quickly trying to piece things together.

Tessa nodded.

“C’mon, let’s meet at my house and we’ll talk about it” Tessa said having to pull me from the arm away from the restaurant.
My mind was racing and my head was hurting.

This beautiful blonde was Kristina, she was the one that John had written all those songs about, she was the one before me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey there everyone!!! I hope you guys enjoyed this chapter! If we can get my subscribers to 25 I will post one more time on Wednesday! Thank you so much to everyone who is already subscribed and reads my update every week! Thank you to everyone commenting! Check out the song So Criminal by The Maine to understand the reference! Much love!