Back Into Your Arms

Chapter 44

I just can’t believe she encountered you twice now” Tessa said to me as she handed me a cup of iced tea.

“How does she even know I’m dating John?” I questioned.

Tessa shook her head.

“She probably saw you guys the night of the concert, were you guys being affectionate?”

I turned pink, both of embarrassment and a bit of anger.

“I mean, he held my hand a couple of times”

“She must have been upset, John hadn’t dated anyone after her”

“So what the heck happened between them? I mean, the songs, they sound harsh”

“They had a complicated relationship Mel, they were very in love at first, and then everything just kind of came crashing down”

“What-what if she’s right, what if John and I end up like that?” I stuttered. Her ideas were beginning to instill in my mind. I was scared, and a novice at love, being told it wasn’t going to last was mean and only triggered my anxiety.

“Don’t think like that, she told you these mean things because she was probably hoping to get back together with John, and now her plans have been ruined”

“I just don’t get it, if I were to find out Alex was dating someone, I wouldn’t tell them things like this but rather wish them the best”

“You’re sweet and respectful, not everyone is like that” she said giving me a sad smile. I took a deep breath and looked at my hands.

“Are you going to tell John?”

I looked up and made a face.

“Why do these things happen to me? I mean gosh, I feel like I have to, but at the same time, I really don’t know if I want to hear what he has to say about this…I don’t know Tess I’m conflicted”

“I honestly think it would make you feel better to talk to him about it, and for him to explain to you what happened between them”

Tessa was right and I couldn’t deny it, but I was afraid.

“I’ll talk to him about it, and I’ll let you know what happens, thank you Tessa for being here for me” I said standing up and going in for a hug.

She smiled and hugged me back.

“Girl, I will defend you and support you at all costs!” she laughed.

“Nice to know someone is on my side”

When I got home I collapsed onto my bed.
I couldn’t help but torture myself listening to the entire Forever Halloween album and the Imaginary Numbers EP, the songs were clearly about her.

I took a Melatonin and finally went to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
So instead of gaining a subscriber, I lost one, wow. But instead of feeling down about this I decided to post this instead for all of you sweet people who continue to follow my story! Much love to you all, I'm just happy that there are people like you, that care to read this. Will update again on Monday! Have a lovely weekend!