Back Into Your Arms

Chapter 45

First thing in the morning, I drove over to John’s.
He wasn’t expecting me and had still been sleeping, he opened the door, groggy and with extremely messy hair.

“Babe?” he asked surprised.

“I’m sorry I should have called”

“No, don’t worry about it, come in, sorry I look like a mess”

I was greeted by Ruby, Tim’s dog.

“Ruby!” I said as I waited for her to smell me. She was sweet, but was still not overly used to me.

“I’m taking care of her for Tim” he said to me as we took a seat on the couch.

“You look like you hardly slept"

“I stayed up way too late trying to write lyrics”

“I’m sorry I woke you up”

“I needed to wake up anyways, I have to go plan our release date with the guys at 12pm”

“Go shower and get ready, I’ll make you breakfast”

He smiled, leaning in to give me a quick kiss on the forehead, but Ruby got in the way. We just laughed.

Ruby was clearly jealous; she now wasn’t the only one.

I quickly made some scrambled eggs and quick smoothie.
I heard him come out of the bathroom, still shirtless as he walked over to his room. I noticed how many tattoos he had on his body.
I fed Ruby, washed my hands and continued setting up the table. I took a seat and waited for him to come out from his room.

“You make something so simple look like a million-dollar breakfast” he said as he took a seat next to me. I smiled as we began to eat. I wasn’t sure about when to mention Kristina, or if I even wanted to bring her up to begin with.

We finished eating and I washed the dishes and sat down on the couch with him.

He inched closer to me.
We were just both facing each other, our heads resting on our hands, leaning on the couch.

“What’s wrong? You aren’t like you today” he whispered to me.

“I don’t even know where to begin”

“If you’re breaking up with me, that is not allowed today”

“So it’s allowed other days?”

He opened his mouth to say something but nothing came out.

“I mean no, but especially not today”

“Why not today?”

“I want to be in a good mood today to be able to choose a good release day”

“Well then maybe we should talk about this tomorrow, I don’t want to ruin your day”

“Is it that bad?”

“I mean, more like bad for me”

“Come over after I choose the release day, I’ll make you dinner and we’ll talk about whatever is bothering you, how about that?”

I nodded.

“That sounds better”

“Oh and hey, I found something! Hold on, let me get my laptop”

He hurried over to his room and came back with his laptop, he quickly looked up a website and found a blog.

“You used to love blogging”

“Oh goodness, this is mine?”

“Yup”

“The format is so cringe worthy, it’s like it’s stuck in 2007” I laughed.

“I think it is stuck in 07, but go ahead and read it, there’s a lot of content for you there”

“Did you go through it all?”

He nodded.

“Yeah, sorry” he laughed nervously.

“I mean it was open to public, right?”

“Yeah, but still it’s pretty personal, but anyways, have fun reading it, I’m going to be back at like 3pm, I’ll then make you dinner”

“I’ll be here” I said to him.

I got comfy on the couch as I began to look through my archives.

My grammar was terrible and there were so many spelling errors but the posts were cute.

There were even some early cooking recipes of mine on it and it appeared that the blog had once had a fairly decent following.
I clicked on a post that had an interesting title.

“Girls Do What They Want…”

I couldn’t believe the title.
The post read as follows:

Let me tell you girls a secret, more like a truth you have known all along but have been too shy to admit.
You have the ability to make any guy fall in love with you and I don’t mean this in a cocky manner. I mean this with sincerity. All humans have this ability, but today I want to speak to all of you ladies who think that they must wait for the guy to make the first move. I can speak from experience, for I was the one to ask my lovely boyfriend out. We have now been dating for almost 2 years! 

Here are my tips:
1. Be your charming self. (I know all you ladies have charm, whether it’s the way you talk, laugh, or dress, you are special and you need to let the guy realize this fact.)

2. Ask his friends for help (And I don’t mean that you should ask them to ask him out for you, but you should ask them about the type of person your crush is, his likes, dislikes, hobbies, that way you have more common ground and have something to talk about)

3. Be his friend (C’mon you know how to do that!)

4. Ask him out (If you think he feels what you feel, then go ahead and ask him out! Why keep playing the guessing game?
I’ll tell you one final secret! Live by it, remember it forever.
Girls do what they want, and boys do what they can.
Boys are more shy than girls, believe it or not! But us girls, we have confidence! Use that confidence and make your dreams a reality!

-Love, Melody.

I laughed so hard. I was incredible. I began to wonder where that Melody with so much confidence had gone.
I went on YouTube and began to play one of John’s live performances of the song.

The concert looked gnarly. He brought a 13-year-old up on the stage, and as he explained the lyrics to him he too told him that they were lines he had to remember for the rest of his life.

I couldn’t believe my words had made it into a song.

It was then that I realized the song had been inspired by me. He had totally misinterpreted my blog, but it ended up being such an awesome song that I couldn’t even hate him for it.

I looked at the clock as it was almost 3pm. I had spent 3 hours just reading my mindless blog.

I quickly got up and plugged my phone onto one of the amps, and set up a microphone.

I quickly practiced the song, and waited for John to arrive.
As soon as he began to turn the lock with his key, I started the song.
He walked in and looked at me with the microphone confused.

“I was 18 and a beauty queen,
I made the boys feel so weak
It's all for me, not at all
I picked you up just to watch you fall
It's my hands on your hips, you can't escape 'em
It's my mouth and my lips, try not to taste 'em” I sang to him changing the lyrics a bit. He just looked at me a bit shocked but laughing.

I motioned him to come closer.

“That's the way things are, and the way they'll always be” I sang to him.

I started jumping up and down all over the place as if I were at a concert as I sang the chorus.

“Girls do what they want
Whoa, whoa!
Boys do what they can” I said putting my finger to his chest in a “I told you so” way.

He then started singing with me as we went crazy in the living room.

Ruby just stared at us unimpressed.

We were laughing so much. We collapsed onto the couch after we were done.

I forgot I had played the song on Spotify from the album, so the next song began to play.

“She thinks I’m crazy, judging by the faces that she’s making” he began to sing to me.

“I think she’s pretty but pretty is just part of the things she does that amaze me, she calls me sweetheart, I love it when she wakes me when it’s still dark and she watches the sun but she’s the only one I have my eyes on” he continued.

It was then that it hit me.
This song was about me too.

“Did you write this song about me?” I asked him, the song continuing to play.

He nodded.

“I’m sorry the song is lame”

“What? Lame? I love it! It’s one of my favorites!”

“I'll write you a better one” he said to me, scooting even closer to me.

“So what day did you chose for the release of the new album?”
He raised an eyebrow and grinned.

“I can't reveal that confidential information”

“Why not?” I complained, scooting away.
He laughed.

“You'll find out whenever everyone else does”

“What's the point of dating the lead singer if I don't get any sneak peaks or previews of anything band related?”

“Patience my love”

“Will it be soon?”

“Actually no, we pushed it back even further than we had planned, I really want to have the perfect lyrics for this album, and the ones I have right now I'm not feeling”

“You can't force lyrics, they will come to you, or you can just take them from another one of my blogs” I teased. He put his palm to his forehead embarrassed.

“I just loved that line so much, I'm sorry”

“It's all good, I'm flattered, I'm sure if I had my memory back I'd be even more flattered…but, did you really think I had you all figured out?”

He blushed and laughed nervously.

“Goodness Mel, I never thought you'd hear it, I mean, yeah, you were so confident about me, you knew exactly where to tug at my heart strings, I mean you still do, it's incredible!”

“What about the lips and lies part?”

“Okay that line sounds a bit harsher than it should, what that line really meant was that you always told me sweet things and how much you loved me and well to me it was hard to believe that someone could feel that way about me, so I meant the lyric as “don’t easily fall for those sweet luring words””

“Ah, is that so?”

He nodded putting his hands up.

“I'm 100 percent serious”

“I believe you” I said to him.

“So how about you get cooking because I'm starving” I added with a grin.

“Fine, fine but you wait here, relaxing on the couch” he said to me as he began walking to the kitchen.

“Oh I will!”

“Play me some music, yeah?”

I smiled devilishly and quickly looked for Carly Rae Jepsen’s album.

The sweet pop music started playing.

“We get to listen to my favorite pop trash today!” I yelled as Run Away With Me by Carly started playing.

“Must we really?” He complained.

“Yes, embrace the pop music O’Callaghan!”

“Run away with me!” John sang from the kitchen in his fake female voice.

I just laughed and stood up to dance in the living room. I had forgotten all about Kristina.
♠ ♠ ♠
Goodness this was long! Hope you guys were able to get through it! Please subscribe you guys, there's way more to come! Go listen to Girls Do What They Want so you can reminisce with them! Comments are more than welcome, they are appreciated! Much love!