Back Into Your Arms

Chapter 49

I was drinking a beer with the guys as we watched the girls try to teach Mel how to swim in the ocean.

“You seem extremely happy with Mel” Kenny pointed out.

I looked over at him and nodded.

“I am, you also seem really happy with Jackie”

“I am” Kenny smiled and laughed.

“Still haven’t talked with her parents?”

I let out a huge sigh and took a big gulp of my beer.

“I’ll take that as no” Kenny laughed.

I shook my head.

“It seems she doesn’t want to, but I know that we can’t avoid it for too long"

“At least things are working out with you guys, that’s what’s important right now”

“Yeah, so far, everything has been great. I sure hope she’s falling in love with me as much as I’m falling in love with her”

“I think so, I mean she moved to Arizona”

“Yeah but she moved to hopefully remember more and to find herself again, not for me”

“I’m sure you had a lot do with her move over here”

“You think?”

“The fact that she’s here too says enough”

I nodded as our eyes went back to the girls.

“Hey man, I have something I need to tell you”

We looked back startled, Jared was standing there with an already present sunburned face.

“What’s up?” I asked him as I scooted over for him to sit.

“Tessa mentioned something to me that well I think is something you need to be aware of”

“What is it?”

“She thinks that Kristina is back in Arizona”

“What the hell?” Kenny muttered.

“Why does she think this? Why would she be back? There’s no reason for her to be back” I complained seriously getting upset just thinking about her.

“She saw someone that looked like her, she didn’t tell me all the details but she told me that maybe I’d be best to warn you, just in case”

“I don’t want to see her”

“I know, but what if you do”

“She can’t possibly be back to wish me well”

“I know, and that’s what worries me most” Jared whispered as he looked over to Mel.
Mel was laughing as the girls were splashing water on her trying to get her to fully submerge herself in the water.

Kristina would try to ruin everything. I didn’t want Mel to meet Kristina, I didn’t want Mel to get hurt. I didn't want her to ruin Mel's happiness.
♠ ♠ ♠
So short, but maybe there will be more later this week...it is the big 50th chapter so...comment and leave me your thoughts and if you haven't already, please subscribe! Love you all!