Back Into Your Arms

Chapter 53

John kept his word and went dress shopping with me. We were really excited for this party. I decided to ask Shacara and Fal for help on doing my hair and makeup. They were more than happy to help.

“Girl you are going to look so freaking good” Shacara said to me as she finished putting on my false eyelashes.

“I’ve secretly been wanting to wear these falsies for the longest” I confessed.

“Why did you never use them?”

“Lack of confidence? I don’t know, I always feel really silly when I dress up, I feel like I’m overdoing it”

“Mel, you are gorgeous, don’t ever forget that!” Shacara said to me as she handed me the mirror. I was scared to even look, but boy was I surprised.

“Goodness gracious"

“What a babe!” Fal exclaimed as she finished fixing my hair.

“I look- I look” I stuttered as I admired myself and the transformation.

“Like a total hottie!” Shacara yelled out and took out her phone to take photos. I just laughed, John was going to freak. I mean, I never looked too casual around him, but I had never showed myself in front of him looking like this.

“I’m so glad you girls are going too, I thought I wasn’t going to know anyone at this party”

“Oh, we have known Peter and Lizzie for the longest, they are such a sweet couple” Shacara smiled.

Fal faked gagged.

“They overdo it sometimes, they are those really lovey dovey couples, you know the kind, the one’s that call each other pet names in front of you and kiss at the most inappropriate times, but we still love them in despite of it all”

“Well, I will get to meet them tonight. I’m genuinely excited, I get to spend time with you ladies and with John”

“So, tell us, how is everything going with you and John?” Shacara smirked.

“He’s my best friend” I smiled.

Fal faked gagged again and then burst out into laughter.

“Freaking Fal” I laughed.

“It’s just so cute, but then it’s John you are talking about, that guy is like my brother”

“That’s true”

“But still, you must have more to tell!”

“We haven’t kissed yet” I admitted, the girls looked at me shocked with mouths open.

“Why the hell has John not kissed you yet?” Shacara asked frowning.

“More like why the hell have I not kissed him yet” I laughed.

“True” Fal nodded crossing her arms.

“So, explain yourself” Shacara demanded.

I sighed.

“Goodness I don’t know, he still makes me nervous, I really don’t know” I shrugged, I didn’t want to talk about it.

“I feel like there’s more to this”

“What do you mean?”

“Mel, you’re afraid he’s going to break your heart, aren’t you?”

I thought about it for a moment.

“I haven’t given my whole heart away ever, there’s always a risk that things won’t work out, I guess you’re right Fal, I’m so afraid I won’t even kiss him, but it’s not that I don’t want to”

She nodded.

“Poor guy has been waiting to kiss you since 07, you’re afraid? Imagine him, he really doesn’t want to screw things up with you, he wants this to last” Fal explained to me.

She was completely right. We were both so afraid of screwing things up, we were playing things too safe.

“I’m going to kiss him tonight” I declared standing up.

“With that lipstick?” Shacara laughed. She had put a lovely bright shade of red on my lips.

“Should I take it off?” I asked concerned. Fal and Shacara just laughed at me, ignoring my question. I watched as they got ready, so effortlessly.

It was then that I realized I had friends, I had sisters.

“I love you both”

“Aww we love you too!” they both said to me as we group hugged. How had I gotten so blessed?
♠ ♠ ♠
More to come on Wednesday...so stay tuned, subscribe if you haven't and don't forget to comment... xoxo