Back Into Your Arms

Chapter 55

Kristina’s P.O.V

“Girl you are gorgeous, you can get any guy you want, why are you insisting on this one? You’re so stubborn!”

I was Facetiming my friend, I was hoping for some support but she was insisting I let him go.
“Natasha, I loved him, I-I” I struggled trying to find the right words, “He was a good guy, I regret, and I think I want him back”

My friend sighed and rolled her eyes, she shook her head in disappointment.

“Did you not say he has a girl now?”

“So?” I crossed my arms, just the thought of her made me upset.

“It doesn’t work like that Kris, you’re freaking crazy girl, but you do you, don’t say I didn’t warn you”

“Whatever, I’ll call you later” I said to her as I finished putting on my makeup.

John’s new girl was average, normal looking, she was really nothing special. So, I put on my most expensive dress, with the lowest cut, I had to wear something that John wouldn’t be able to resist. I was determined.

I had remained friends with Lizzie after my breakup with John. I was thankful that she had invited me to their engagement party because that finally meant I had an opportunity to talk to John, alone. I was convinced his girlfriend wouldn’t be invited.

I made my way inside the venue, greeted Lizzie and made my way over to my table. Numerous guys already eyeing me from afar. I made my way over to the bar section and got myself a drink and made my way back to my seat, waiting anxiously for John to arrive.

“You know Lizzie?” a girl who was sitting in my table asked me.

“Yeah”

“Oh nice, I’m a friend of Peter’s”

“Yeah, I know him well too”

“I’m Kim” she introduced herself.

“Kristina”

“Nice to meet you”

“Yeah” I replied as I took a sip of my drink. I wasn’t in the mood for conversation and she was distracting me from being on the lookout for John.

He wasn’t arriving and I was growing more impatient, so I went back to the bar and got myself another drink. The drinks weren’t good for me, I had a photo shoot in a week, and I couldn’t afford to gain any weight or get bloated in any way, but I was so nervous I couldn’t help it.

I had made my way back to my table when I noticed John walking in, but he was walking in with someone attached at his arm. I was convinced it wasn’t his girlfriend, but someone else. This girl looked beautiful, stunning really. I watched them make their way to their table on the opposite side from mine far away from me, but close enough for me to watch them.

The way he was smiling at her silly mannerisms angered me. She left for a moment to say hi to Tessa. I scoffed. Surely, they would be friends. Tessa had never liked me, which led to me disliking her myself.

I watched his girlfriend make her way back, the stupid smile wouldn’t fade from his face. He was never that happy around me, he had never smiled that way.

He introduced her to his friends. I read his lips as he introduced her as “girlfriend”.

“Who are you looking at?” Kim asked me.

“This doesn’t concern you” I replied bitterly.

“Geez”

I returned my attention back to them. Every gesture they made to each other hurt me deeply. A song startled playing, I watched as John’s eyes lit up and he looked at his girlfriend. She smiled and replied something that made his friends laugh, she then asked him a question at which he nodded and stood up. They were going to go dance.

They made their way to the dance floor, getting closer than ever, swaying to the song as they practically serenaded each other by singing along to the song.

While we were dating, John never took me out to dance, he never took me to his friend’s parties, he never sang to me. Burning jealousy was building inside of me.

I wanted to go up to the dance floor and pull that girl from the hair and drag her. What was so special about her? What did she do to make him fall so deeply in love with her? His eyes said it all, they never left her. I was in the same room as him, yet he hadn’t noticed. Heck, I could have been right next to him but he still wouldn’t have noticed because his eyes would have still been glued on her. I took out my phone and quickly took a photo of them to get a better look at her face. The song thankfully came to an end. It looked like he wanted to keep dancing, but she wanted a small break. She whispered something to him, he kissed her forehead and she then went straight in the direction of the restrooms.

I stood up, grabbing my things. Following her. I wanted to confront her in the restroom, but out of respect for Lizzie I decided I would pull her outside.

I waited for her to come out, she was smiling like an idiot, when she saw me her smile instantly faded. She was even more beautiful close up. She had looked so plain, I hadn’t seen her as a threat.
I grabbed her by the wrist and pulled her outside, holding on tight to her as I only got angrier by the second. I had no clue who she was, where she had come from, there was nothing I could use against her.

“Who the hell are you?” I demanded, she looked confused as she rubbed her wrist.

“What makes you think you have the right to know who I am?”

She was trying to put up a tough act on me, she looked silly attempting it.

“You’re so ignorant” I laughed.

“Excuse me?”

Her voice sounding so innocent. This wasn’t the kind of girl John was into at all, he picked up girls at bars, this girl looked like someone you would meet at a church, or at a volunteer center. She had fallen for John’s trap.

“Where did you guys even meet? You surely have him wrapped around your finger, how did you do it? That man you are with doesn’t know how to love anyone but himself”

“Look, I don’t know what happened between you guys, but I honestly-”

I was taken aback; the girl knew who I was. She had the upper hand, if she knew the story behind me I was bound to be humiliated.

“How the hell do you know who I am but I don’t know who you are? This is freaking ridiculous did he tell you about me?”

“No-”

“John is not the guy you think he is, he likes to play, he’s just messing around with you, he will soon realize he doesn’t feel anything for you and leave you”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about, you have no clue about our relationship”

“I don’t need to” I fought back, I knew exactly what he was up to, or at least I hoped I knew what he was up to. I wanted his smiles to be lies, I wanted his happiness to be fake. I wanted to believe that he wasn’t fine, that he still missed me, that he hadn’t moved on.

“Look Kristina-”

The girl even knew my name.

“You’re not the right girl for him, you’re just going to get hurt, a girl like you can’t handle a dysfunctional man like him” I challenged.

“Okay, hold on, why are you here fighting with me? Do you want him back? Are YOU the right girl for him? As far as I’m concerned, you clearly weren’t the right girl either”

Did she know my story? She seemed so confident in herself out of nowhere. He must have told her his side of the story, but she didn’t know mine. John had messed with me, sure I wanted him back but that didn’t excuse all the pain he had caused me while we were dating. He wasn’t perfect, he was far from it.

“John is an alcoholic; do you think you can handle that? He leaves for months on end on tour, do you really think a guy like him stays faithful during those months away? Please. We dated for 2 years, and I’m sure he had another girl all that time” I explained to her, remembering all those nights where he would be sleeping but calling out someone else’s name. Nothing hurt worse than that, especially when I had given him nothing but my love.

The girl was listening.

“You’re not his type, as soon as he realizes you’re not enough, he’s going to toss you to the side, or start looking for love somewhere else, while still holding onto you” I argued.

“I really don’t need your advice” she said to me as she crossed her arms.

“Learn it the hard way then” I said to her trying to hold back the anger within me. She seemed so composed, so sure of herself, I remembered the smiles they were giving each other earlier.
He loved her, John loved her, how much I had longed to be loved by that man, but no matter what I did I was never able to earn his love. I wanted to cry, I felt so stupid, so useless, so worthless.

“Are you okay?” she asked me concerned. Why was she concerned for me?

“Just freaking leave, I don’t know why I’m wasting my energy on you”

“You look pale, I’m concerned”

I couldn’t stand her, I had just told her that her relationship was going to fail but here she was “concerned for me”. She really wanted to humiliate me, it was either that, or she really was that dense.

“You’re concerned for me? What are you Ms. Freaking Perfect? Leave me the hell alone, I already told you once” I yelled at her, but instead of backing away, her face became more soft, almost as if she were sorry for me.

“I’m just worried you may-” she said getting closer to me, but that’s when I lost it. The girl wouldn’t take a hint. I slapped her right across the face with so much force, the force I had been holding back all this time.

She gasped in shock.

“You really are stupid” I said to her shaking my head. I noticed someone had joined us outside. To my disbelief, it was John.

“What the hell did you just do to my girlfriend?”

His timing was incredible, catching me at my worse.

“She may be having a break-” his girlfriend tried to explain, still not telling me off, not fighting me but rather almost defending me.

“Stay out of it, leave” he said to her. She looked so hurt, like if that was the first time he had ever spoken to her with that tone. I couldn’t believe it, John had kept his act going on perfectly until now. She wasn’t leaving though, she was just standing there in shock.

“You heard him, LEAVE!”

She looked like she was ready to cry, but she swallowed her pride and walked back inside quickly.
John and I were finally alone, for the first time in years. This wasn’t how I had planned it, this wasn’t how I had wanted it to go down, but it was the way things had turned up.

“You’re so despicable” I said to him.

“Me?”

“YOU”

“Why are you even here?”

“I’m still Lizzie’s friend you know”

“Do you think Lizzie invited you so that you could come to her party and start a freaking fight? You’re still so immature Kristina, really did she deserve to be slapped?”

“Maybe she didn’t but you sure as hell do” I fought back.

“Me? What have I done to you now?”

“What have you not? You broke up with me and never spoke to me again, the only time you called me back it was just to tell me off, to bully me for getting plastic surgery, and then you wrote those songs, those freaking songs about me, my friends hear them John, my friends heard them…”

I couldn’t help but start crying. So much humiliation, I had always wanted John to write me a song, but not like that one, never like that one.

“Look, I’m sorry, that was immature of-”

“Sorry?” I scoffed.

“Kristina-”

“Why couldn’t you love me John? Why couldn’t you love me the way you love her?”

“Kristina what we had wasn’t love”

“I know that now, you were an alcoholic who just wanted to have a good time, you used me, while you had an affair with someone else”

“I never had an affair”

“You would freaking call her name at night John!”

“I don’t know what you’re talking about”

“Mel? You remember that name?”

He looked at me confused, like if he really had no clue.

“You also kept these stupid poems of hers in your closet, signed by that famous Mel, at first I thought it was someone you had once dated, but then I heard you calling out to her at night, not once but on so many occasions, are you still seeing her now? Does your girlfriend know about her?”

“You have it all wrong”

“I warned that poor girl of your dirty habits, hopefully she takes my advice and freaking leaves you, I HATE you John O’Callaghan, I hate you SO MUCH, because of you I still can’t sleep at night, because of you I don’t think I’ll ever trust a man again” I wiped my tears away and made my way back inside, heading for the bathroom to fix myself up before making my way back. He didn’t stop me, nor did he say anything to try and make things better, all I got was an insincere apology. I was sitting on the toilet seat when I heard a familiar voice walk in.

“Mel? Are you in here?” It was Tessa.

“She’s not in here, where the heck did she go I was going to give her a ride home” Fal sighed.

“Try calling her”

They then walked out of the restroom.

Mel.

They had called the girl Mel.

It couldn’t be true.

The girl he had been cheating on me with was now his girlfriend.

I couldn’t believe it.

I took out my phone right away and looked at the photo I had taken of them.
I wanted revenge.

I left the venue immediately and went back to my car. I knew an Instagram account that was dedicated to posting gossip about The Maine. I quickly DMed the girl the photo.

With the photo attached I also explained the situation.

“John’s new girlfriend, I heard she’s a tramp, she totally told me to stay away from John when I tried asking for a picture, rumors say that he plans on leaving the band because she wants all of his attention, they may not even be releasing that new album because of her, can we really let John date someone like that?”

I smiled as I sent the message.
“Screw you John O’Callaghan”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry for the delay! I currently have two jobs and will be working full time for the next two weeks, so hopefully I will be able to post again soon! Comment and don't forget to subscribe if you haven't! Love you all, and thank you for the recommendation, you know who you are :)