Back Into Your Arms

Chapter 64

I took a large sip of the wine and then proceeded to chug the rest of the glass down. John just looked at me with amazement and then drank his entire drink too.

“I already feel really silly” I whispered to him as I poured myself another one.

“What did you want to talk about first?” he asked.

I honestly didn’t even know where to start.

“Kristina”

He nodded.

“I actually looked for her and talked with her”

“Did you? But-please, tell me, what happened between you guys?”

“I messed with her”

“You did?” I replied with disbelief.

I couldn’t deny that I was shocked hearing the words come from his mouth, but at least he was being honest with me.

“She was funny and good looking and wanted to have a good time” he explained before pouring himself another glass and drinking it straight. It was weird hearing him talk that way, even he seemed to be uncomfortable about it.

“Good time?” I asked feeling dirty saying it out loud. It really did make him sound like a player, like any other guy out there.

“You know what I’m referring to Mel, we promised to be honest”

“You’re right, so then tell me, you guys stayed together for two years?”

“Yup, we were both pretty dysfunctional, we were afraid of letting go, although by the start of year 2 we pretty much hated each other already”

I nodded.

“So, tell me John, you looked for me with different intentions, right?”

He almost chocked on the wine.

“Mel”

He looked almost embarrassed, ashamed.

“It wasn’t always like that, I tried having meaningful relationships, but everyone ended up leaving, I started to settle for any girl that gave me her attention, I’m really ashamed of it, but that’s not me anymore, it hasn’t been me for the longest time”

“Just so you know, had it not been for the fact that I already care so much for you, I would be so much more affected by all of this, but I have been seeing you for almost half a year now and you have proved yourself to be so much more, that is your past John, we all have a past”

“Kristina said that you’re too nice, I think she’s right”

“I’m not nice, I just like treating people with respect”

“You DMed her?”

“I did, I wanted to make sure she was doing alright, I suffer from anxiety too, I use to have anxiety attacks as bad as hers, I didn’t think anyone was making sure she was okay, so I decided to do it for myself”

“You’re a good person Melody, I see why your parents didn’t want you to end up with a person like me”

I didn’t know what to say. I didn’t want to mention my parents yet.

“What about the fans? Did you make a statement about the misunderstandings?”

“Yes”

“So?”

“Everyone knows I have a girlfriend now, welcome to the girls who date guys in bands club”

“I need to join the support group” I laughed.

“It’s really not that bad, our fans have this unconditional love for us, if we are happy, they are happy for us”

I sighed but smiled.

“I noticed I have like a thousand new followers on my Instagram now”

“Expect a whole lot more”

“I can’t turn back anymore huh?”

“Nope”

“Good”

“What’s next in the topic list?”

There were plenty of things on the topic list, but there was one that was especially still bothering me.

“Julie”

He nodded.

“Ah, yes, what are you going to do?”

“I can’t stand her right now, what she did was wrong, she pretended to be my friend, she tried to ruin my life, and steal my boyfriend…and I’m just in shock that I didn’t know this. I had to have known how she felt back then”

“I’m going to be honest with you Mel, you were pretty naïve in regards to her”

“I’ve been naïve in regards to everyone”

“You’ve been naïve in regards to me?”

I didn’t know what to say. Maybe I had been, maybe I hadn’t.

“I sure hope I haven’t, I really like you”

At this point I knew the alcohol had already kicked in. The oven ringed just in time, the pizza was ready. I was already beginning to feel dizzy, he had to help me get the pizza out.

We ate in silence, when we finished eating he stood up and put out his hand for me.

“Let’s go explore the city”

“Explore the city?” I asked unsure, it was getting late and we were both frankly a bit tipsy.

“Yes, Melody Riley, let’s go”

“It’s dangerous!”

“You may not remember being a teen, but that doesn’t mean we can’t pretend to be teens tonight, were still young for goodness sake, but back then we took risks, we weren’t afraid”

“We worry too much now, huh?”

“We do, c’mon, let’s go live a little”

In the 10 years, I lived in New York, the very few times I had decided to go and roam the streets of New York, only twice had they led to good things. One of the times was the day I found John by the concert and the other was on this day.
We began walking, he would keep on bumping into me on purpose.

“Must you bump into me every time?” he asked sarcastically.

“Me?”

“You! If you want to hold my hand all you have to do is grab it” he laughed as he reached for my hand and intertwined his fingers with mine. We just kept walking like that for a good mile.

“Let’s go dance!” I suggested as we passed by a noisy bar.

“Dancing? I thought Ms. Riley didn’t dance”

“I don’t but I mean, let’s try something new”

“Do you know a place?”

“Me? Know a place? Not me, but my ex does, I can ask him”

“You’re going to call your ex?” he scoffed.

“Why not?”

He stopped walking and looked at me for a moment, but then shrugged and nodded.

I grabbed my phone and called him, I put him on speaker.

“Hey Alex!”

“Mel?”

“Hey, so I’m here in Williamsburg with my John, I mean my boyfriend” I laughed, “And we wanted to go dancing, can you recommend us any good spots?”

Alex cleared his throat. He sounded a mixture of uncomfortable and confused.

“Yeah, depends, near your area or wherever?”

“The best one”

“Well there’s really this close one that’s really nice, called um, Bembe, try that one”

“Cool, we will look it up, thank you Alex”

“Yeah, no problem, you guys have fun”

John raised an eyebrow.

“Your ex seems like a chill dude”

“You know, maybe Kris and him would be a good match?”

“Does he have money?”

“Yeah, he earns a good amount”

“Then yeah, maybe we should set them up” he laughed.

“Let’s get a taxi, the place isn’t far but my feet are hurting”
♠ ♠ ♠
To be continued!!! If this chapter does well, I may post another this week! Much love!