Back Into Your Arms

Chapter 71

Mel's P.O.V

I didn’t want to tell John what the doctor had told me.
I lied to him and told him the doctor had said it was a migraine, but deep inside I felt guilty for not telling him such an important revelation.
“I appreciate you taking me to the doctor, and rushing over so quickly, I really do” I thanked him as I began to get out of his car.
“No problem Mel, I’m just glad you’re okay” he said reaching for my arm to stop me from getting out of the car.
I turned around.
“Hold on for a second will ya? Are you in a rush?” he asked sounding a bit worried.
I felt the guilt weighing on me, I felt like he had figure me out, like he knew I was hiding something.
“I’m not in a rush, but I figured you were”
“I’m not”
I nodded, getting back in the car and closing the door.
“You know you drove me over to my apartment, right?” I asked him as I turned my body towards him.
“I did, because you weren’t talking to me the whole ride here, but I honestly want to hang out with you today, but I get this feeling that you don’t”
“Let’s go to your house then, there’s something I want to talk to you about”
“Oh no, what’s wrong?”
“Nothing to worry about, I just want to talk”

John's P.O.V

We arrived at my house and she right away made her way to my bedroom and flopped onto the bed, she then pretended to be asleep.
“What’s wrong?” I said joining her. She groaned as she shifted to her back and she covered her eyes. She looked exasperated.
“Babe” she finally spoke.
“Yes”
“The reason I went through so much…was all my parents-fault” she began, but she was unable to finish. She succumbed to tears, the pain could be heard as she cried and cried.
I pulled her close to me, and let her cry it out.
I couldn’t even imagine what it felt to be betrayed by the people you care the most about, the people who should care the most about you.
She sobbed as she began to tell me what had happened at the doctor’s office and how ashamed she felt about her parents and how she didn’t want to tell me.
“Melody” I whispered softly getting her attention. She looked up.
“What do I do?” she asked.
“Let’s go talk to them, you need to talk to them, hear them out, no fighting, at least not from your side, they must have had a reason bigger than me, and I feel they owe it to you to explain it to you”
She nodded.
“Will you go with me?”
I honestly did not want to, her mother was cruel with me, they would probably kick me out at first sight, but I needed to be there for her.
“I’ll go with you”