Status: active!! part v coming soon

Something Just Like This

Part iii

Scarlett was walking by the pool after her morning run, she was taking in some alone time, trying to cure her hangover. She was really clicking with everyone in the house, which was she was happy about. It was still a bit awkward with her and Johnny, since it had been so long since they last seen each other.

She had her headphones in; she wasn’t paying attention to who was walking behind her.

“Earth to Scarlett.” Johnny called out. He caught up to her and tapped her shoulder, which lead her to jump than spin around.

“Sorry, I had my headphones in.” Scarlett said, as she took them out of her ears.
“Can we talk?” Johnny asked. She shrugged her shoulders.
“I guess.” She said. They sat down on a set of chairs beside the pool.

“How do you like it so far here?” He asked her. She rolled her eyes.
“That’s how you want to start this conversation after 5 years.” Scarlett said.
“I’m sorry.” He said.
“That’s better.” She began. “I just want to know why, what I did to make you stop replying to my texts, all I did was support you.”
“I don’t have a good excuse; I got busy with hockey and the life that comes with it.” Johnny began. “You never did anything wrong, it was me and letting New Jersey slip away.”

“I’ve missed you.” Scarlett said.
“I’ve miss you too, I could always count on you to call me out on my stuff.” He said with a chuckle.
“I’m still going to do that, even more now.” She told him. “But I will forgive you, maybe not today but it will happen.”
“Thank you Scarlett.” Johnny said giving her a hug.

“How’s life? How’s Evan?” Johnny asked her. Scarlett’s face sunk. Evan was her high school sweetheart; he also grew up with Johnny and he set them up.
“I’m keeping busy with school.” Scarlett began. “Evan and I broke up 6 months ago. He cheated on me, had been for a while.”

“Scarlett, I am so sorry.” Johnny said. “I’m going to kick his ass next time I am home.”
She smiled.
“Thanks, but I’m going to go shower and get ready for the day.” Scarlett said. “I’ll see you around.” She got up and headed into the house.

She crossed paths with Dylan; she smiled and said Hi as she walked into the house. She headed upstairs to her room. She showered and started to get ready for the day.

“What are you up to Larkin?” Johnny asked.
“I’m going to work out.” Dylan replied. “Care to join?”
“I guess I can beat you at that too.” Johnny said. The two headed towards the gym.
The two guys were in the huge gym. They did their warm up and started with some weights.
“Last night was fun.” Dylan said. “Forgot how easy it is for you to get drunk.”
“You are so funny Larks.” Johnny said.
“How long has it been since you have seen Scarlett?” Dylan asked.
“Close to 5 years. I lost touch the year before I turned Pro.” Johnny said. “I know it’s my fault.”
“Well at least you realized you are a jack ass.” Dylan said.
“You’re a great support system.” Johnny said. Dylan laughed. “I just found out her high school sweetheart cheated on her.”
“Now that’s a real jack ass.” Dylan began. “Do you know him?”
“Yes, I’m going to hurt him when I get home.” Johnny said.
“I’ll help.” Dylan replied.

They finished up and then headed back to the house to shower and got ready for the day.

Kenna had the music playing in the kitchen while she was cleaning out the dishwasher. She had Carrie Underwood playing so of course she was singing along, totally forgetting she was sharing a house with 9 other people. She also didn’t notice Connor walking into the kitchen. He watched her for a few minutes, before she realized he was there. She jumped a little.

“Thanks for the heart attack McDavid.” Kenna said.
“Sorry, I couldn’t interrupt your karaoke session. “ Connor replied.
“Why thank you.” She said with a chuckle.

He started helping her with the dishes.

“How does a Toronto girl, grow up cheering the Red Wings?” Connor asked. Kenna laughed.
“I have good taste in teams.” Kenna said.

Dylan walked into the kitchen and added. “She has wonderful taste in teams.” Before walking out of the kitchen again.

“Do you go on the road with them?” Connor asked.
“Sometimes, it depends on the length of the road trip and who they are playing.” Kenna replied, as she was trying to put a plate away but couldn’t reach. Connor walked over to help.
“Here, I got it shorty.” Connor said.
“Why thank you.” Kenna said.

They finished up the dishes and parted ways, Kenna went upstairs to her villa to change and get ready for the day.

She didn’t notice that Connor was watching her, but Dylan did.

“Take a photo McDavid.” Dylan said.
“Whatever Larks.” Connor replied.
“Just remember, hurt her and deal with me.” Dylan said.

Scarlett read a text message off her phone, and then threw it down on the couch. She was sitting in the huge living room, trying to relax before their next adventures. Though she was on break from the classroom, she still an online course she needed to finish before heading back in the fall. She had tried to study many times while half hungover, but after last night, it was extremely hard and having her phone keep buzzing wasn’t helping.

Dylan walked into the living and seen Scarlett reading and noticed she was wearing a University of Michigan shirt. He smiled the perfect conversation starter for today.

“Is that a University of Michigan shirt?” Dylan asked. It took a second for Scarlett to realize that he was talking about her shirt.
“Yes, it is. It’s where I go to school. I guess I didn’t mention that last night” She said.
“It’s nice to have another Wolverine in this house.” Dylan said.
“You went there?” Scarlett asked.
“Just for one year, 2014-2015.” Dylan told her.
“My freshman year.” Scarlett said.

Scarlett’s phone buzz again, she rolled her eyes and ignored it.
“You okay?” Dylan asked.
“Just my ex.” Scarlett began. “He started texting me again a few days ago. He wants me to forgive him and take him back.”
“Johnny told me. That guy is a fool.” Dylan said. “He realized he lost out on a great girl.”
“Johnny set us up, so I know he feels really bad about it.” Scarlett said.
“He’s told me, he will be kicking his ass when he gets home.” Dylan began. “I told him I would help.”
That made Scarlett laugh. He liked her smile. Little did he know Johnny was walking by and caught them. Johnny didn’t say anything.

“Who are you creeping on.” Mikayla asked. Johnny once again turned into a ball of mush.
“Oh no one.” He replied.
“Looks like Scarlett to me and Dylan.” She said, with a chuckle.
“Just walking by” Johnny said. Mikayla rolled her eyes and laugh.
“Whatever you say Johnny Hockey.” she said.
♠ ♠ ♠
enjoy
xoxo
:)