Status: One Shot, so this is it.

Let's Dance.

The first and last chapter.

Gladiolus Armicitia walks with confidence into what he deemed to be an empty room, with hardwood floors dyed black and mirrors that lined the walls. Instead, there was a girl gracefully moving to the classical music which echoed throughout the studio. He watched her as she moved with spins, jumps, and beautiful footwork.

“Gladio, hi!” She says in a calm voice, out of breath from the dancing she was doing. The man grinned as he leaned against the wall next to him, crossing his arms over his broad chest. He got lost in the very sight of her long golden hair, her long legs which only wore a pair of cotton shorts, and her emerald green eyes which didn’t need glasses like her brother’s did.

“Avery,” he says with a smile. She walks over to him, running a hand through her hair. “It’s good to see you.”

“Everything alright?” She asks him. “I’m sorry if I’m taking up your time to train with the Prince. I’ll be out of your way-”

“You don't have to go anywhere. He won’t be here for a while. Prince Charmless is finishing up cooking his own dinner with that brother of yours,” Gladio says to her, his amber eyes staring directly into her.

“Ah, yes. Those weekly cooking lessons are Ignus’ favorite part of his job. And with him being a perfectionist in the culinary arts...you’re probably right,” she states, earning a grin from the man in front of her, who stood a head taller than herself. She takes in Gladio’s well built frame, his handsome chiseled face, along with the scars that are upon it. No one else could ever pull of scars like that. They do nothing to worsen his looks; they merely make him more attractive than necessary. “Well, maybe I’ll keep you company for a little bit.”

“Good,” Gladio says as he picks his bag up off of the floor.

“Good.”

He drapes his free arm over the girl, and the two walk towards the center of the room. The two have known one another since they were young children. Being that her brother is the advisor to the crowned prince, Avery’s constantly in the midst of her twin brother, the prince’s best friend Prompto, and his shield--the bold and beauteous Gladiolus. Her friendship with Gladio was her favorite, however. He always found ways to make her smile, in the most subtle ways. He never had to go above and beyond with her, and she loved that.

“You’re getting good at the dancing thing. I remember when Iggy said, ‘it’s time to put the daggers away and get out the slippers!’” The man attempts his best imitation of her brother’s voice, and it sends the girl into a fit of laughter.

“Gladio, that was the greatest impression of his voice that I have ever heard!” She states. “And by great I mean terrible!” She adds, still laughing like mad. He watches her hunch over, still laughing with her head in her lap. All he wanted her to do was to pick her head back up, to see her smiling face.

The two have known one another for just about all their lives, considering both of their families were tied so tightly to the Kingsguard, and to the king and prince themselves. But over the years, his feelings grew from platonic friendship, to admiration and dare he say it love.

“Also, if it’s any more comforting, I am still quite good with my daggers. What Iggy doesn’t know won’t hurt him!” She says as she reaches for her bag, showing Gladio one of two shimmering daggers in her bag.

“Oh, Avery. You are quite the rebel, and I am quite the enabler. Show me what you’ve got!” Gladio says picking himself up quickly off the floor, quickly drawing his blade. She quickly grabs her daggers, and jumps into a fighting stance.

“Ready when you are, you brute!” She exclaims as she spins her daggers in her hands. He grunts in response.

“You’re going to regret that, Twinkle Toes!” He replies with the most smug look he could possibly muster. With a lunge, she charges at him and she watches his eyes widen in surprise due to the strength behind the blow. “Oh, that got you fired up!” He exclaims, with a glint of mischief in his eyes. “Let’s dance!” He adds, swinging his sword at her. She dodges with a roll and stands upright, daggers at the ready. She charges again, and this time when he blocks her, and nudges at her midsection to push her back. “This is funner than I thought it would be. You’ve got some fight in you, still!”

“You mean to tell me that a girl that could fit into one of your pant legs with room to spare is giving you a run for your money?” She says as she paces back and forth slowly, thinking of her next attack.

“You’re not giving me the problems you think you’re giving me,” he replies with a bit of a chuckle to her as their weapons begin to grind together from them both charging at the same time.

“Is that...so?” She asks, as her strength begins to wither behind her daggers. Gladio slowly backs Avery into the wall that is behind her. “Well, what kind...of problems do...I burden you with?” She asks, out of breath. He breaks away from her daggers, and puts his sword to the side, dropping it to the floor. Silence fills the room as he looks into her eyes, his chest heaving up and down from the workout he is reluctant about saying aloud that he gave her. “Gladio, what did I do wrong-”

Gladio interrupts the girl before him by putting his lips on hers. She immediately responds by dropping her weapons and grabbing the front of his tank top, pulling him closer to her as her other hand wraps around behind his neck. As if Avery couldn't melt anymore, she feels Gladio's mouth smile into their kisses. After what feels like an eternity, he pulls away from her, resting his forehead against hers.

“You did nothing wrong. You were yourself...your amazing, beautiful, smart and elegant self. And I fell in love with you the moment we met. My problem was merely that I had this bottled up for so long, and you were dancing...and your grade with the daggers...and I knew that you weren’t leaving this room today without knowing how I felt about you…” Gladio says to the girl, leaving her shocked and smiling.

“And you’re not leaving this room until I tell you that it took you far too long to let me know that you had those feelings. I’ve wanted nothing more than you for years,” she says back to him as her hands clasp together behind his neck. She feels Gladio’s lips press against her forehead, and she smiles.

"What will Ignus say about this, you think?" Gladio asks her. She looks up at him and merely just shrugs.

"I'd say that if you harm a single hair on my sister's head, then you are going to have to answer to me, and I'm better with my daggers than she is..." A voice says from the doorway. The two of them turn to see Ignus standing with Noctis by the door. "Just make her happy, please."

"You got it," Gladio says, looking down at the girl in front of him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you guys like it! I don't see a ton of Final Fantasy things on here, and I figured I'd break the ice on it.