Status: Title may change

Unbreakable

Friends?

Victoria

Just as the elevator dinged the tears were beginning to fall.

"Happy birthday Tori." said a voice I was all too familiar with. I gasped as i made eye contact with the ones I grew to love.

"Lance..." I lost it. Before I knew it we were standing in a stalled elevator while he held me as I bawled my eyes out. It was like my emotional dam was already fractured and seeing him just sent me over the edge.

"I've always hated seeing you cry Tori. What's the matter? What happened to your face?" he was rambling question off one right after the other.

"None of that matters Lance. What are you doing here?"

"I came by to spend your birthday with you. Erica told me you were out and that i could wait for you. I was just heading to the car to get your present, but seeing you like this stopped me. What's the matter?"

"Nothing Ryan and I just had a fight."

"Did he do this to you?" he asked his face a mixture of shock, confusion, anger and worry.

"No. We got into an argument because I wouldn't tell him who did." I admitted ashamed because I never could bring myself to lie to him. No matter how many times he hurt me, I found myself always telling him the truth. Even when i knew how that truth would make him feel.

"Tori?" I looked down at my feet The raw emotion and concern I heard in his tone was far to much for me to handle. I knew any minute I was going to spill my guts and tell him everything. He placed his hand under my chin lifting my head up, his eyes boring into my own. My bottom lip began to quiver. "Please tell me what happened?" That's all it took before I was spilling my guts to him. I told him everything and when I was done we sat in silence. It was then my mind drifted back to when things were far simpler between the two of us.

I stood on the block anxiously looking up and down the street trying hard to not make it seem like I was looking for him.

"Why won't you just go down there?" Asked one of our mutual friends breaking my thoughts. I jumped completely forgetting I wasn't alone.

"Go where?" I asked playing dumb. I knew exactly where, but I was scared.

"You have to go down one of these day." He said rolling his eyes.

"Doesn't have to be today." I mumbled shakily.

"You're ridiculous." He laughed. We continued talked amongst ourselves and soon more friends surrounded us. All talking cease when his cousin walked up. I blushed when I was introduced as his girlfriend. I wasn't even sure when it became known, but I wasn't going to bother denying it knowing they wouldn't listen anyways.

"You know he's not coming out today?" She asked. She seemed nice, but I was too afraid to speak opting to shrug my shoulders instead. I could sense them all rolling their eyes at me.

"She wants to see him, but is too scared to go down there." They ratted me out with no problem. I groaned as I mumbled a few swears under my breath. His cousin grabbed my hand pulling me up and handing me the baby I'd been making faces at causing the little one to laugh. As we got closer to the house, I found herself even more nervous. Walking up the stairs behind his cousin I was lead to his room, surprise to see there was no door. I handed the baby back to his cousin and waited for him to notice us standing their. He turned to me and smiled before sitting up.

"What are you doing here?" He questioned more out of genuine curiosity then anything else. Again I shrugged my shoulders this time with a small smile on my face.

"She want to see you." Said his cousin as she pushed me further into the room rolling her eyes. "She's a mute, but I like her better then that slut you were with." I laughed knowing who she was talking about. She looked at me again and smiled.

"It was nice meeting you." She said.

"Likewise."

"I'm shocked she speaks." She mocked playfully. Still I said nothing else. Soon after she left us to ourselves. I was standing awkwardly in his room as he laid back down. I had never been in a by's room that wasn't related to me before. I looked at the TV and smiled when I saw he was watching Twilight: Eclipse. He was damn near perfect.

"You know you can sit down right?" He smiled as I jumped almost forgetting where I was.

"I prefer to stand." I replied as he sat back up.

"You sure?" He asked and I nodded her head yes. I watched as a playful smirk took over his face and wondered eerily what he was thinking. My thoughts were broken as I felt myself being lifted off the ground and pinned down on the bed. I laughed as I struggled under his weight.

"Get off of me!" I laughed beginning to calm down. He said nothing and just smiled at me as he pressed our lips together. I instantly relaxed only to have him switch our positions with me on top. His hands were on my waist and my hands were on either side of his face holding up most of my weight.

"I'm glad you came down here." He admitted.

"Sure you are. You've already found a way to harass me." i joked.

"Says the one who's pinning me down in my own house. You're very rude." He couldn't help laughing as I stop straddling him only to have him pull me down to lay on side of him. After a while his sister came in and he introduced we. After beating him up together his sister left and he turned to me that same smirk playing at his lips again.

"My sister likes you. Not only did you just jump me, you stole my sister from me. She's my favorite."

"Not my fault I smell better then you." I laughed on to have him crawl on top of me and attack my lips again. His fingers tangled in my newly braided hair. "I like you hair. They're cute on your big head." He whispered as I laughed. I had been hoping he was going to like my hair. Which was weird cause I usually didn't care what people thought about me. Once out of breath he laid back down and pulled me on side of him opting to watch the rest of the movie. Luckily neither of us didn't miss the fight scene. We both agreed it was the best part. Once the movie went off I noticed it was getting dark out. Looking at the time I began to panic, but couldn't stop the laugh that had left my swollen lips.

"What's funny?" He asked amusement in his voice.

"Curfew in ten minutes. I have to go. Walk me to the next block." He nodded an okay as he got up and we put on their shoes. We walked out and I shivered seeing as it had gotten cooler. He shrugged off his button up and gave it to me. I took it graciously and kissed him quickly. Him walking me to the next block ended up with him staying at my house until around four in the morning. We laughed when we realize what happened.

"I don't want you to go." I whined hugging him a little closer. I felt as his chest rumble beneath my face with laughter and looked up at him.

"Trust me, I don't want to but I have to." He said kissing me deeply and my knees went weak. "See you tomorrow?" He asked hopefully.

"Going out with my cousin for her birthday, but I will definitely see you afterwards okay?" He nodded his head yes and kissed me again. I began to take his shirt off only to have him pull it back around my arms breaking the kiss.

"Keep it. Dream of me tonight."

"Only if you dream of me."

"I always do." I smiled and he kissed me one last time before leaving. I watched him until I couldn't see him anymore. Once he was out of sight I flopped down. We were moving to fast and I knew that, but I couldn't help it. He made me feel things i weren't use to feeling. He made me happy.

"I can't believe I almost said the L word to him. We're moving to fast. This isn't good. I shouldn't miss him this much. Its gonna hurt so much when he's gone." I said to no one in particular.


I never knew how right I would be.

"Come on let's go on up." he finally spoke breaking me out of my thoughts and the silence in this small space. I couldn't bring it in me to actually answer him so I just nodded my headed in agreement. To my surprise Erica had planned me a party and included Lance in getting me out the house. I was going to kill her for calling him, but I also thought she had forgot. Seconds later the party was in full swing. Erica was doing her as Lance and I talked to Ryan and Sara. I guess Lance had told Ryan about what happened because Ryan was giving me a serious lecture.

"I'm going to go get me something to drink." he leaned over and whispered and my ear. "Want anything?" I shook my head no as he said okay and walked away. I watched as he headed over towards the kitchen only to be stopped by a very drunken Erica before disappearing in the back. I raised my eyebrow as I excused myself and followed them. I watched from a distance as they talked trying and failing to read their mouths. I was so focused that I didn't notice him turn around towards me and crack the door open.

"Wait Lance." She yelled and my eyebrow shot up in confusion. I understood she invited him for me, but I knew damn well she couldn't stand him. She didn't like him at all. Tears rushed too my as I watched my best friend crash her lips against the only boy whom I've ever loved, who was struggling to push her off.

"WHAT THE HELL ERICA?" I screamed my heart breaking from all types of betrayal as I ran to my room no longer in the party mood. I could hear Lance running behind me calling my name as Ryan told everyone the party was over. Lance was apologizing profusely to me as he hugged me from behind.

"Geez Tori, stop being a drama queen. It was just a kiss it meant nothing." I knew she was drunk. I knew it, but I couldn't help myself as I stormed over to her and drew my fist back hitting her square in the eye. She was screaming and crying.

"Geez Erica, stop being a drama queen. It's just a black eye it don't mean nothing." I spat before slamming the door in her face.