Status: New stuff.

Leave the Door Open

001

The boys be round in like fucking half an hour!” He shouted at her, his eyes fired up with anger and loyalty. She only saw the anger; he was doing it to piss her off she was sure of it.

“Well thank the lord I don’t spend half an hour in the shower like you!” She shouted back turning her back on the tall, well-built man, she knew that pissed him off. All she said was she was having a shower, it wasn’t as if she planned on wondering round the house naked.

“I do not fucking spend-“
“George stop that language right now, when you are in this house,” Her eyes lit up and she turned to smirk widely at George.

“Gutted,” She mouthed at him earning herself a one finger salute just before their mother entered the room.

“Sorry Mom,” He replied as she put an arm around his waist as he put one over her shoulder.

“I did not realise you’d be round today,” She smiled. “And the boys?” She questioned looking towards her daughter and smiling. “You’re staying sweetie; do you want me to get snacks?”

“Mom I’m twenty-f…eight,” He corrected himself. “Thanks, but we don’t need anything, honest, seriously stop running after us, take a break”

“Oh well I’ve got some chicken wings cooking at the moment, I know Dylan likes those spicy ones,”

“Oh they are good,” Anna replied smiling back at her mom and ignoring her brother.

“Jesus mom take a break, Anna make your own food you lazy-“ George started but earned a playful slap from his mom as she let go and winked at Anna.

“Don’t you be mean to your sister, she’s still my baby, and I love having her home,”

“She’s 20!” George groaned.

“And I’ve moved out!”

“No you’ve moved into student accommodation sis! I’ve moved out!”

“Then why are you back?!” George’s eyes lit up with anger again, she’d managed to hit a nerve.

“Right you two enough,” Terri, their mum, sighed. “You know you two always fight so fiercely because you love each other dearly!”

“Oh yeah,” Anna’s sarcastic tone was ignored by her mother. “I’m going to have a shower, keep your creepy ass friends away from me,”

“With pleasure,” George muttered watching his younger sister jog up the stairs and heard her bedroom door slam behind her. Typical attitude, she was carefree, young and naive. Or at least that was how George saw her.

Anna was widely intelligent, loved reading, TV shows, and bad films; she wasn’t particularly sporty like her brothers, or musical, but she could ace a test and paint a pretty picture. Anna and George got on like most siblings, they fought but he loved her dearly, and was fiercely protective of her. Her first boyfriend, when she was 18, had met the end of George’s fist when he caught him moaning about Anna. He’d scared the boy so much he’d gone to college three states away and as far as George was aware Anna had never heard from him again. He knew he couldn’t protect her against every guy, Anna was pretty, he wasn’t fucking blind, but he would try his best because he knew guys were shit.
He knew how to be the stereotypical older brother!

He was a fucking guy, he was shit, he’d broke up with his last girl. Fed up of dealing with the demands of a relationship. She was broken when she’d discovered he’d been sleeping with his ex and her. He never wanted to see his sister in that way.

Anna groaned as she stepped into the bathroom her brothers bag of bathroom stuff splayed across the cabinets; her make up pushed out the way. He did not make it easy to live with him. She knew, unlike her mom, George was back for a while. She’d heard the rumours from friends, he’d broken up with Lyla and so had nowhere to live right now. So, for now, he’d be crashing in his old room. Though she presumed one of the boys would take him in eventually.

The boys were tight.

Like a gang, that is how she always described them. They formed a band, which had evolved over time, but the current line up weren’t half bad. When she could she supported them, but not too often, she never wanted George to really know how she felt about him. They fought constantly, their parents had always made her out to be their superstar, and she felt guilty that her brothers had to put up with that so she just continued with it; not showing how much she cared about either of them. George was the more vocal one, being the oldest, and he and Anna clashed. But in reality, she loved him, and was so proud of him. Though telling him would be giving up face.

She sighed turning the shower on and letting it heat up as she slipped off her jewellery first. She placed the bracelets and ring on the side going to grab her makeup wipes from her bag before groaning in disbelief. A packet of condoms half missing in her bag. Her brother was a complete shit.
She pushed her jeans down and unhooked her bra dropping them to the floor before slipping into the shower, letting the warm water wash everything off.

She was so glad to be home. The fighting, the family and the friends; it was part of the life. A life she loved and missed. Anna was away at college, now in her second year, she’d got used to being away from home but that did not stop her from missing it all. She’d spent the night before catching up with hometown friends, enjoying alcohol fuelled gossip with Taylor and Sarah. She’d known Taylor forever, they were the same age, same year in school, and lived on the same road; it made being best friends easy. Sarah was a few years older and knew the boys through school. She made good friends at college but nothing beat coming home to her girls who understood her life here.

She switched the shower off, the difference from college being the hot water hadn’t run out half way through and her hair had finally had a good wash. She pushed the door open and stepped out into the steam filled bathroom. Quickly she wrapped the towel around her body, grabbing another towel for her hair. She half dried herself, planning on going back to her room and locking herself in it before her brother’s friends arrived and made it impossible for anyone to get some rest.

“Shit,” She pushed on the door hard, hitting something as it swung open, heard the grunt in annoyance.

“Opps sorry,” Her eyes flicked up to the man she’d pushed a door into.

“Ah that would be the bathroom,” He smiled awkwardly at her.

“Sorry,” She repeated her eyes holding his stare, he never looked down, which she was grateful for.
“Do I know you?” He just shook his head. She wasn’t sure if she knew him or not but there was something about his face that seemed familiar. Then again, he was in her house so, someone better know him.

“Don’t think so love,” She felt herself blush as the word love slipped across his lips. He grinned. “Do you mind if I?” He pointed towards the bathroom and Anna just nodded stepping out the way and towards her bathroom. “Thanks,” He replied with a smile catching a glance of her long legs as she darted through another door.

“Hey who is that?”

“Shit! What the fuck are you doing in my bedroom?” Anna groaned starring at Taylor who was spread out over her Anna’s bed with a book in hand.

“Well I got bored at home,”

“I left you like an hour ago!”

“One hour too long,” Taylor deadpanned. “Now who was that?”

“Why do you care? My brother is down stairs,”

“Oh hey Miss Defensive, I was just asking, what is with you?”

“Nothing, just feeling the poison of this house infecting my mood,” Anna muttered pulling underwear out from her drawer and opening her wardrobe to find something clean to wear. Taylor sighed and turned back to her book ignoring her friend.

Anna just rolled her eyes walking back to the bathroom to get changed, the man nowhere to be seen. She could only guess he was friends with the boys. She pulled on her jeans and a loose tank top. January weather was cooler than usual, she needed something a little bit warmer.

“So what is our plan for the day?” Taylor questioned looking over her book as Anna went back for an oversized cardigan. “Hey is that my top?”

“No your boobs wouldn’t fit in it,”

“Jealous,” She muttered finally putting her book down. “Now we have two weeks before we have to go back to college, so your ass better have some fun planned!”

“Always,” Anna sighed. “Now shall we go out or do you want to ogle over my shit head brother for a bit?”

“Oh I can always do a little bit of ogling,” Taylor smirked pushing herself off the bed and checking her reflection in the mirror. “A girl can dream!”

“TINY FEMALE JOHNNY!” Anna groaned as she walked into the living room which smelt of men, smoke and weed. Johnny was her brothers stage name, Johnny 3 Tears. And his band of miscreants, that were meant to be an actual band took up the whole living room. Though not all of them were there.

“Hey Dylan,” She greeted the man that got up to hug her. Dylan wasn’t half bad, he was funny, down to earth and totally chilled out. That was probably the weed but she believed he really had a heart of gold.

“How ya’doing gal?” His deep baritone voice rumbling a greeting.

“Survivin’” She smiled as he let go and held his hands up towards George in surrender. Her brother was stupidly protective.

“I am saying hi to Tay as well, hands in the air,” Dylan added with a laugh as he hugged Taylor. Anna smiled back and dropped herself on the sofa next to Jordon. “No touching!” Her eyes flicked towards the one guy she did not know; he was the one who’d walked into her after her shower. He caught her gaze and gave her a ghost of a smile. His baseball cap hid his hair, but the rest of his clothes showed off a lot; she dragged her eyes away from him not wanting her brother assume anything.
She looked at a guy and he exploded.

“Such an idiot,” Anna muttered. Her gaze falling from the newbie and to Jordon.

“Hey anyone with half a brain don’t mess with 3 tears girls,” Jordon smirked edging away from Anna who just rolled her eyes.

“You know he’s a pussy cat really,” Anna muttered looking over to her brother who had a face like thunder. “And he can’t protect us forever, one day a guy is-“

“Stop this conversation right now!” George boomed. “I don’t fucking need to hear this shit,”

“So what we doing tonight?” Dylan quickly changed the conversation as Taylor flopped onto the sofa next to Anna. George sat in the other corner watching his sister with the face of annoyance. “You gals hanging with us?”

“Wow you really are risking it,” Anna smirked at Dylan and turned towards her brother. “Please brother dearest let us hang out with you tonight,” George rolled his eyes. “We won’t embarrass you,”

“Like those cheap whores you hang out with,” Taylor added her eyes fixed on George who gave her a stern look before breaking eye contact with her and looking back to his sister his eyes softening.

“I know that look!” Anna smiled nudging Jordon in the ribs. “He’s gonna let us party! Gonna let us party! Gonna let us-“

“PARTAY!” Jordon joined in clapping excitedly to piss off his best friend to no end. George groaned, the guys loved his little sister, she was funny and clever and kept them on their toes, yet they knew the rules; no dating my little sister, or her best friend…though that was for completely different reasons.

“So what are we doing?” Taylor questioned.

“Gonna go meet up with Matty and Jorel plus Sar…”

“And buy some alcohol sit on the beach and drink?” Anna finished for Jordon who just chuckled and put an arm over her shoulder.

“You know there is nothing better!” Anna just nodded her eyes flicking towards her brother who was watching the new guy, Anna stole a glance at the new guy who was gazing directly at her. That would explain the death glare from George. Taylor had started talking again and without a second glance George turned his gaze to her and listened. Anna had to smile, there was little George wouldn’t do for Taylor, even if he wouldn’t admit it. Anna had harassed him a few times about Taylor before he really lost his temper and chucked a glass against the wall next to her; she’d not bothered to start up the conversation again. Then George would appear in photos with different girls so she felt it wasn’t worth asking questions anymore, and the last girl he’d stayed with for a while, even brought her home and introduced her to the parents. That was serious shit.

“Right let’s do this shit,” Jordon clapped his hands pushing himself off the sofa. “Come on tiny Johnny let’s go!”

“Stop calling me that douche,” She muttered getting up at the same time as the new guy who caught her gaze and smiled. Within seconds George was next to her.

“Anna, Danny, Danny this is Anna,” He paused looking at Anna. “My sister,”

“Why thank you dear brother for introducing me,” She muttered turning to Danny, and smiling. “He’s already seen me naked,” She added with a smirk walking away as hell broke loose, and the new guy, instead of panicking, laughed.

Well wasn’t that refreshing?
♠ ♠ ♠
Anna
Taylor

I saw Hollywood Undead last year and this story just popped into my head. Now I'm putting it out there! Hopefully someone will enjoy it! ;)
xxx