Status: New stuff.

Leave the Door Open

004

“I can so teach you guitar!” Jay pestered Anna who waved her hand at him dismissively.

“Dude you are fucking wasting your time,” Jordon mocked taking a drag on his cigarette and choking on the smoke as Anna nudged him hard with his elbow.

“He’s right she has no musical talent!” George added from his place on the garden sofa that he, Sarah and Dylan were taking up; passing a spliff between them. Anna shrugged her shoulders leaning back against the second sofa she was sharing with Jay.

“Sorry but my darling brother is right, I am utterly talent-less,”

“Hey don’t be so harsh on yourself,” Sarah chuckled from her place between the boys giggling to herself.

“Yeah Brit’s, right, you have a talent of getting into trouble,” Jordon mocked.

“A talent for shopping,” Taylor added. “For being ridiculously honest,”

“Talent for trivial pursuit,” George chimed in. “But not for music, or sport or-“

“Okay okay enough about me,” Anna muttered. “Pick on someone else for a change!”

“No don’t say that they’ll turn on me,” Matt muttered from his place next to Taylor.

“Yeah muppet how is your game with that girl going?” Taylor mocked going to rub his hair as he swatted her away.

“What girl?” Sarah looked over her eyes squinting. “I don’t remember you having a girl!” She pointed at him.

“That’s because it was a guy!” Jordon shouted laughing loudly at his own joke. The other guys joined in as Matt just flipped them off.

“There was no one,” Matt answered.

“Yeah that blonde with the big tits!” Taylor replied bluntly. “She was the year above us An,” Anna nodded vaguely recalling having this conversation before.

“Oh oh!” Dylan waved his arms around clearly remembering something. “Yah know that girl! Dude Danny and I were with you a few weeks ago she umm fuck she-“

“Was in the bar,” Danny finished for him with a smile. “She was not in a forgiving mood,” Taylor, Anna and Sarah all raised their eyebrows looking from Danny to Matt who just groaned and dropped his heads in to his hands.

“Danny dearest do tell us more,” Sarah chuckled as the other guys were smirking.

“Ah well I’m not gonna drop my home boy in it,”

“But?” Taylor smirked at him.

“He cheated on her,” Anna spoke up. “With a brunette who had small tits as men are never happy with what they’ve got!” She poked out her tongue at Matt who just nodded awkwardly.

“You are far too good at that,” Taylor muttered.

“She’s far to cynical,” Sarah mumbled.

“That is why you are single,” Taylor added ignoring Anna’s pouting.

“No I’m single because I want to be!” Anna replied poking her tongue out this time at Taylor who snorted with laughter.

“That too,” Taylor rolled her eyes, as Anna met Danny’s gaze, a smile on his face as he watched the banter between the friends. Anna felt herself blush and turned away to catch Sarah watching her this time.

“And because no fucking guy is going near my sister-“ Thankfully George took the attention away from her.

“Oh okay Mr protective,” Sarah laughed at George rubbing his arm in support and smirking at him.

“Shut up,” He mumbled his eyes gazing at his sister who smiled back at him. He watched as Taylor filled her and Anna’s glasses up again with whiskey, and Anna grabbed the coke before Taylor could complain. He was grateful she was sensible and down to earth; not some party girl who drank everything and took anything to enjoy herself. Although she probably wasn’t an angel; thankfully because they’d probably have nothing in common. He’d realised long ago that none of the others siblings really hung out with them as much as Anna did. It probably had something to do with the guys, in the early days, thinking they had a chance. But she’d formed good friendships with them and that allowed George to be somewhat part of her life.

By midnight the whiskey was nearly gone and the singing had got so much worse.

“I want a maaaan! Not a boy who thinks he can!” Anna and Sarah screeched as Taylor cackled with laughter falling back in the chair and tipping it over; which send all the girls into fits of laughter.

“Holy shit,” Danny laughed turning to George who was just shaking his head with amazement. Sarah and Anna went running over to Taylor, Sarah tripping over which sent her flying towards Taylor. Of course she landed on top of Taylor. And Anna collapsed on the floor in fits of giggles. Oh the wonders of Jack Daniels; he was a man that could make woman do anything.

“Jesus,” Jay smirked looking over them, as Dylan was giggling at them after smoking far too much.

“Why do we hang out with these losers?” Jordon smirked as Matty went over to pull Sarah up. “I mean seriously!” The later it got the more accidents that occurred. Jay carried Sarah up as it got much colder outside and she kept falling asleep on his shoulder. Dylan was laid out on the sofa one arm hanging off the edge the splif long gone out and him with it. Danny had a guitar in hand lazily strumming different melodies sometimes chords sometimes changing it up with single notes. She watched him for a few minutes before turning to take note of who else was around. Taylor was missing, no longer on the sofa with Anna, nor was her brother on the other sofa. She sighed presuming they were either at each other’s throats or flirting. Jordon and Matt had left earlier claiming shit had got shit. Creative words.

Anna gazed around, trying to focus on one thing at a time but failing miserably at it, the world was starting to spin. This was the worst bit of being drunk for her, some people loved the buzz, the sense of freedom, the excitement of losing all their inhibitions. But for Anna she enjoyed the small buzz at the start, after that she started to hate alcohol and all its aftereffects. She pushed herself up off the sofa and wondered inside picking up a few empty packets of crisps and beer cans on the way to dump in the bin. The kitchen was empty, messy and above all else slippy...

“Ooo!” She let out a gasp as the ground moved under her and the empty packets went flying up in the air. Strong arms grabbed her hauling her up so she never completely hit the deck. God she would kill whoever had spilt whatever everywhere.

“Shit, give a guy some warning next time,” She heard Danny mock her, keeping his arms tightly around her, holding her up as she tried to regain her footing. She felt her face flush as he pulled her against him until she regained her orientation and the kitchen came back into focus. “Someone drank a little too much whiskey,”

“Nah ah!” She pouted…good attempt at acting sober.

“Oh really,” He laughed as she turned in his grip which loosened slowly. Anna looked up at him eyes lightly glazed over but she watching him carefully trying to focus; Danny just had to laugh at her. He had stunning brown eyes that she couldn’t seem to stop looking at. “Anna?”

“Shit sorry,” She quickly stepped back and looked away which just made him chuckle. “Sorry,” He shrugged and shot her a friendly smile.

“Where’s Taylor?”

“Trying to hunt her down,”

“Ah huh and where should you be?”

“Probably in a bed,”

“Anyone’s in particular?” Yours. She shook her head and lent against the counter. “Not fussy?”

“My own would probably be best?”

“George walking back with you?” Anna shrugged.

“I haven’t found him yet,”

“Wow your brother and your best mate,”

“Thank you I do not need that visual!” He smiled at her and nodded towards the living room. “You might have more luck in there, want me to be the advancing party?”

“Please, I can never trust those two,” He just laughed turning around and pushing the living room door slowly open as Anna crept up behind him; probably a lot closer than she needed to. She was close enough to take in the heady aroma of deodorant, cologne, smoke and alcohol; intoxicating to a young 20 year old. “Found them,” Danny whispered, stopping as he felt Anna peer over his shoulder one hand going on his other shoulder for support.

“Cute,” Anna whispered. Taylor had fallen asleep with her head on George’s lap, the TV was on and some shit horror was playing. “How did she end up in that position?” Danny raised his eyebrows turning to look at Anna who grimaced at the smirk he was pulling. “Shh,”

“I didn’t say anything,” He chuckled. “Back outside?”

“Back outside,” Anna nodded in agreement. “How about you entertain me with that guitar you’ve been messing with all night,” Danny just smiled back.

“Messing? I fucking play the shit out of that thing,” Anna just chuckled as he pushed her back outside. New guy wasn’t half bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thank you for reading. xx