Status: New stuff.

Leave the Door Open

006

“Can't you help me as I'm startin' to burn, all alone. Too many doses and I'm starting to get an attraction. My confidence is leaving me on my own all alone. No one can save me and you know I don't want the attention.” Anna sang the lyrics quietly as she put the crazy amount of fries in the oven. Her brother had phoned half an hour ago saying the boys would be round, after a day trying out some new shit. She had no idea what that meant but he asked her to put two bags of curly fries in the oven.

So being the good little sister she’d done that.

She was in alone tonight, her parents had gone out with friends for a meal, leaving her in the house for what she assumed was a quiet night in. Taylor had gone out with her family and she hadn’t heard from anyone else. But at 8pm when her phone went off her peace was disturbed. She knew they’d all pile in soon.

Anna grabbed herself a soda from the fridge getting out an array of salad, sauces and stuff her mum had left specifically encase the boys came back. Their mum was a genius and had come up with cunning plans so that the boys didn’t end up eating them out of house and home.

The revving of engines and the crashing through the front door was a sign the boys were back. Loud talking, laughter and the smell of smoke mixed with weed wafted through the house. She wondered how her mom coped with this, it was once a regular thing; did she just ignore the smell?

She opened her soda and took a swig before jogging upstairs. In her head she was going to check her appearance. Why? Because even if they were just her brother’s friends, she still wanted to look somewhat presentable. She’d been out in the morning so had applied make up, but by the time she’d got home she’d climbed out of her daily wears and into something far more comfortable. She didn’t plan on changing but perhaps spraying some perfume and touching up her concealer would occur.
The boys noise got much louder as the front door finally closed and 6 pairs of feet came traipsing in. Anna caught her refection in her mirror and she took her body spray and spun round, spraying it all over. Tugging her hair back tightly in a messy bun, she pulled over her favourite baggy jumper so she wasn’t just wearing a skin tight cami-top.

“Anna?”

“In my room,” She replied hearing her brothers voice and footsteps up the stairs. “You ok?” He poked his head around the door, waving a hand in greeting. She had to admit he was at least decent enough to check on her now he was home.

“Just saying we’re back, thanks for putting the food out,”

“Anytime,”

“We’re cracking out the beers and films if you wanna hang,” She nodded in reply. “Cool well when you’re ready,” He turned to leave before looking at something hanging on her photo wall. “Huh,” He muttered starring at the image of himself and Anna on a beach. His younger brother Connor was the other side of him, she was 16 at the time he must have been around 25 and Connor somewhere in between. But it was the huge smile on his face that caught him off guard.

“You look carefree in that photo, and I look good,” She chuckled earning an eye role from George.

“It makes me smile that’s why it’s there,” He just nodded. “You’re not so carefree anymore,”

“Comes with getting older, don’t fucking do it,”

“Noted,”

“See you down there,”

“See you down there,” She repeated with a nod, watching him stare at the photo for a little longer before finally walking off. Anna sighed, he was never going to talk to her about the shit that was going on. He was barely making it clear shit was going on, since she’d gone to college they were even further apart.

“Hey,” Her eyes flicked up hearing another voice. Wow her bedroom had a revolving door and not in the fun sense.

“Hi,” She smiled turning to see Jordon standing at her door. “You get lost on the way to the bathroom again,” He laughed loudly and shook his head.

“That fucking happened once, and you won’t let me forget it,”

“I was 14!”

“Fuck you make it sound like I touched you up, Jesus, I walked in, I undid my pants and then realised your bin was not the fucking can,”

“You should be locked up,” She replied turning away from the mirror and to Jordon. “Anyway what’s up?”

“Nothing,” He shrugged. “Just checking up on my favourite kid sister,”

“Aww thanks for the love and attention,” She replied back with a soft smile. The banter her and Jordon had was good. Most people expected him to be a dick, and in reality, he was but only to people he didn’t care about, to his friends he was loyal as shit. They chatted a bit longer before Dylan screamed up the stairs for them too “stop munching on that-“ he hadn’t had a chance to finish because George had taken him down for even thinking of saying that about his kid sister, and Jay had threatened them all to get their asses moving before the movie started without them.
“If I fall asleep just leave me be!” Anna called as she flopped onto the sofa and stole a few fries from Jordon.

“Nah uh girl, I’m fucking drawing shit all over you!” Dylan joked as Jordon just laughed.

“And I’m gonna get down-“

“Finish that sentence and I will castrate you,” Anna muttered bitterly. “Please can someone swap with Jordon he’s creepy!”

“Fuck you, you let me do all that stuff-”

“I swear to god, which ever one is listening, I will castrate you to save the rest of the female population!” She hissed.

“Danny dude swap with me, it’s the other Ragan sibling I fucking want,” George just laughed out loud doing most camp actions and putting on a particularly camp voice.

“Oh Jordon don’t make me blush!”

“Ya know it bro!”

“Oh god,” Anna muttered not sure if she was referring to her brother or the fact Jordon and Danny were swapping. She’d decided to some degree he intimidated her, hot guys did, it was a thing she’d never really understood but it happened.

“Hey don’t panic I bring the better fries with me,” Danny smirked offering her some of his still warm fries with BBQ sauce. Though it was just that bit easier to relax around him, he made it that way with his laidback attitude.

“Eh that is better! Jordon you are replaced,” She poked her tongue out and Jordon who returned the gesture before putting his arm over her brother’s shoulder. She was able to relax around the other guys, it had taken time but they were her friends now and that made it easy to relax around them.

“Yeah whatever! All the ladies love me really,”

“Hey I hear they love Danny more!” Dylan started to stir.

“Too true he was out with a pretty brunette few days ago,” Anna spoke up earning a death glare from Danny, but she knew what she was doing. Within seconds the attention was on Danny, had he fucked the pretty brunette or not? And Anna could go back to munching on his fries.

“You fucking owe me,” Danny muttered when the boys finally dropped the conversation and Danny hadn’t admitted a damn thing. That was particularly annoying because when the girls had left the coffee shop he and his date had still been there; though he’d had the decency to say goodbye to
Taylor and Anna as they left.

“No you’ve already eaten my cherry pie,” His eyes creased as he laughed out loud and the urge to hit him raised in her body. “Not funny, you know what I meant,” Danny just shook his head chucking a few fries in his mouth with a shit eating grin across his face.

“Defiantly a fan of your cherry pie,” He smirked keeping his voice as quiet as possible so only she heard.

“You are hilarious,” She deadpanned turning to look at him and instantly being disarmed by the cheeky smile and enchanting eyes. God she would do anything if he looked at her like that again.

“You leave me and my cherry alone,” Danny’s eyes widened and mouth opened about to ask something but got interrupted.

“Dude you still eating those? I have a serious case of the munchies!”

“Nah you go man,” He passed Dylan the fries still watching Anna with complete interest. Was that her admitting something? OR was it just a cruel or unusual joke? She didn’t bother to look at him again and as the movie started up he turned his focus to the screen. Though his mind kept replying the idea that she was a virgin.

Though as the film went on she ended up closer and closer to him, hiding her head in his shoulder at one point to avoid scary bits of the film. She was cute but it reminded him just how much younger she was. Not creepy younger but younger that he did not need to get involved in that; hot or not.

“Dude that film is sick!” Dylan started up the conversation as the film came to an abrupt end, most of the boys agreeing as Danny gazed down to check the time on his phone. 1am.

“And long,” Jordon groaned stretching out next to George who pushed him away.

“You fucking take up a lot of room!”

“Are you calling me fat?”

“Yes,” George muttered back.

“Says your fat ass, I need a smoke,” Jordon stood up slowly stretching again and gazing over to Danny and Jay. “You two coming?”

“I am but he’s taken,” Jay smirked looking towards Danny whose shoulder was currently being used by Anna. He had to smile at her, her eyes were shut, her legs curled under her body, her head on his shoulder and one arm resting over him. “Like a giant teddy bear,”

“Give a good nudge she’ll wake up,” George muttered getting up and fishing out his own cigarettes from his pocket. “Or just move and she’ll fall onto the sofa and not wake up anyway, fucking sleep through Armageddon that one,”

“At least she doesn’t snore,” Dylan replied. “I had this chick once,”

“Sure it was a chick?” Jorel smirked back at him.

“Yah she had all the right bits,” Dylan replied confidently as the boys trailed out.

“Anna,” Danny muttered ignoring the conversation around him and gently rubbing his hand up and down her arm. “Anna time to wake up,”

“No,” He laughed at her reply.

“Or you’re gonna be left in a room with Jordon,”

“No,”

“I resent the idea I’d fucking do anything to her,” Jordon muttered, grabbing his lighter and wondering out, leaving Danny with Anna slowly waking up next to him.

“Come on darling, you don’t wanna sleep on here,” She groaned in response and started to slowly sit up.

“Oh god pins and needles,” She moaned uncurling her long legs and stretching her arms. “Why did you let me fall asleep?”

“Well I didn’t have much choice!” Danny replied with a smile her eyes widening as she turned to look at him. “Don’t worry you don’t snore, or drool,” He noticed the flush of red to her cheeks.

“Oh god!” She was embarrassed which made her look cute.

“Mhmm,” Danny couldn’t help but smile at her. From the first time he’d seen her he’d liked the look, she was hot. Now he was very slowly getting to know the girl behind the long hair and smokey eyes he was even more into her. Though every time he learnt something about her he liked, he came up with another reason to stay away. An impossible task.
♠ ♠ ♠
Enjoy! xxx

Anna