It Happened Like This

And so it begins

I hit the floor with cheek stinging a knuckles bruised rolling over in time to avoid a stomp to my back, getting back on my feet to deliver a palm strike to their solarplex catching them off guard cause him to bend over and receive my elbow to his spine.

It's been five weeks sense i got here it was almost summer but it already felt like it was here in Texas and I've been fighting everyday non stop as well as training to get back where I used to be when I lived in killeen but I'm better than before. I threw my hoodie on the one with the red dragon on the front a gift from my brother and a treasured possession. head to grab the money for my winnings tonight.

"You still leaving little Scar.?" He asked me as he counted out and passed me my earnings.

"Yes Dreads going west." I replied as i double counted gave him a 20 and put the rest in my jeans.

"well when you get somewhere message me or call something and I'll hook you up near your location. Gotta take care of my regulars." he said as he handed me his number.

I read it back to him to confirm as soon as he nodded I held it tight. "talk to ya later man." I held up the peace sign with my hand up as i walked off.

I stepped out of the musty warehouse into the clear back way air and breathed in its coolness compared to the sweaty musk scent of the warehouse.
I handed another 20 out to the bouncer that guards the door and calls most of the fights. besides that he doesn't talk.

"I'm off big boy take care." I said as i pushed the 20 into his jacket pocket he smiled and patted me on the head.

the moon was high and I walked to the river following it along the road and jumped over a bridge into the grass and under where my money and belongings hid. checking everything over I still had all my belongings nothing missing I sighed a relief gathered everything then headed a few yards in the trees to dig up my money which again was all there. i put all of it into the dufflebag within a bag. I leaned back and just stared looking up at the night sky through the trees i saw the moon and just started talking about my day and old memories saying his name made me stop and cry.