It Happened Like This

Headed west

I yelped as I awake to the sound of an 18 wheeler honking its horn. Shaking me head and rubbing my eyes i got up. I made sure I have everything again "Oh the small blessings of OCD" I mumbled to myself. few moments later i crawled out up onto the bridge heading down to waffle house for breakfast it was saturday so I had to wait for a bit because they where packed. They know my regular by now and I just texted my parents as I waited.

"hi mom."
"hey honey how are you doing?"
"fine getting on the bus for El Paso today."
" i really don't want you going there it was horrible when we lived there."
" im only passing through probably only few days. i promise."
"im just glad you are keeping in touch."
"im surprised i am as well mom seriously."
"you be carefull. ill tell you dad you said hi i gotta get back to work"
"okay love ya both by."

As i was putting my phone down after some tumblr scrolling my food was placed in front of me. I breathed in the smell and slowly cleared my plates payed and walked out heading downtown pulling out my book i read until my bus got in handed over my passes and found my seat in the back, knife in my book and sleeve. never trust anyone. I pulled out my ipod and plugged in the headphones a few tears fell as I looked at my hand with the tan line wear a ring would be. I wipped the tear and threw a fit inside my head.I day dreamed of another world between the drive of killeen and elpaso.