Status: Active!

Don't Let Me Drown

Tell Me Pretty Lies, Look Me In The Face

-------------------------
OLIVER'S P.O.V.
-------------------------


I was walking out of the local shops and my phone buzzed with a text.

Parker: are you busy?
Oli: what's up?
Parker: I need you to go to mine and check on Ivy. She got sent home for fucking a guy and she won't answer her phone

I sighed. Ivy hated me. I didn't exactly like her all that much either. I got in my car and started the short drive to their building. I let myself in and knocked on the door to their loft. No answer.

"Ivy!" I called. Still no answer. I used the key under the mat and walked inside. I checked in the main rooms and still didn't see her. I called Parker and told him as I opened the unlocked door to her bedroom.

"Found her."

She was on the floor, knees spread wide, deepthroating a guy I had never seen before. When I spoke his eyes went wide and he pushed her rudely off of him, shoving it back in his pants.

"I assume finishing what she started at the school" I said to Parker as I walked down the hallway. He thanked me and said he'd be right over.

"What the fuck are you doing in my house?" She yelled. I turned towards her just in time for her to shove me a step back.

"Yeh brotheh sent me. Yeh didn't answer the phone"

She continued to yell for the next 10 minutes until Parker came in, slamming the door.

"Are you fucking serious, Ivy?" He yelled. She started to say something but he cut her off. "Stop acting like a slutty little bitch. What happened to you happened to me too. You can't just go around snorting shit and fucking everything that walks. I wouldn't be surprised if one of these days I come home and you OD'ed. Grow the fuck up and get over it. I made plans for one night. Can you handle yourself for three fucking hours without a babysitter?" He yelled.

He's never talked to her like that in front of me before. It was harsh and I felt bad for her but honestly I kind of agreed with him. You can only spiral down so far.

She didn't say anything back to him, just turned on her heel and walked calmly back into her room.

-----------------------

Five of us out of the group ended up back at Parker's after leaving the pub. We all settled into the couch, having a laugh about something that happened earlier. Parker went straight down the hall and knocked on her door. No answer. He joined us for a while, having a few more drinks.

Everyone left after an hour or two and he was passed out drunk on the couch. I gathered up my things to leave and then thought about Ivy. I figured I should check on her in case something did happen.

I knocked on her door. No answer. Assuming she was asleep, I turned the knob and poked my head in.

Instead, she was sitting in front of the open window, spliff in her hand. She started to put it out until she realized it was me. She took another puff and held it to me.

"Yeh alright?" I asked her.

"Yup" was all she said, after blowing out the smoke and turning her gaze back the glass.

"He's sorreh bout what he said. He didn't mean it" she just nodded. I handed her joint back to her.

"Why are you in here?" She asked me. I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't even know why. She's not my responsibility. We weren't even friends.

"I should go"

-------------------------
IVY'S P.O.V.
-------------------------


I wasn't allowed back at school until the following Monday. Jade ditched to hang out with me. We stayed in my room listening to music and talking for a long time.

"I still can't believe you did that right out in the open" she laughed, "so what did you get?"

I opened the drawer in my bedside table and showed her my stash. She reached her hand in and pulled out a colorful pill, popping in her mouth. I followed suit.

A minute later, we went in search of food. Oliver was sitting at the kitchen table on his laptop while Parker waited for the oven to beep.

"Who is that?" Jade whispered.

"Oli. Why?"

"I need that boy" she laughed and I rolled my eyes. I heard her starting up a conversation with him as I dug through the fridge. I felt Parker's eyes burning into my back. I grabbed a smoothie and quickly retreated to my room to wait for Jade.

"That the most beautiful man I've ever laid eyes on" she said, walking in empty handed. I rolled my eyes again, realizing neither of us had actually gotten food. I took my car keys and opened the window, preparing to climb out. I didn't feel like dealing with Parker's 20 questions. Perks of a lower level apartment. I shimmied halfway out and turned to see Jade smiling down at her phone. "Earth to jade" I sang. She snapped her head up and followed me, running out to my car.