Status: Active!

Don't Let Me Drown

Let Me Sink

Nobody brought it up. Tom looked worried when he saw me, but he never said anything. The others, I assumed were too drunk to remember, for which I was grateful. Oliver was back to being a jerk most of the time. I stayed I my room, almost never leaving. When I did, I almost always ran into one of the Sykes boys. Slowly but surely, I was packing up my belongings. I needed to get out of this house. Everything got too fucked up too fast and I couldn’t stay here with him anymore, it hurt too much.

It was around 6 p.m. when I heard a knock on my door. “hey,” Tom smiled when I opened it. He looked tired and overwhelmed, just like everyone else. “we’re all going out to dinner. Yeh should come”

“I don’t think so” I said, searching through my mind for an excuse but coming up empty-handed.

“please come. We nevah see yeh anymore. Yeh need to get out of the house for a bit.” When I didn’t answer, he stuck out his bottom lip in a pouty face. “please. it's important” I sighed and nodded and a grin appeared on his face. I was already dressed and had my makeup done so we walked down the stair together and met Oliver in the driveway.

“Meet me there?” Tom asked as he walked to his own car. I was a little bit confused as to why we didn’t all go together in one car, but I let it go. Instead of going with Tom, Oliver climbed his way into my passenger seat. He stayed silent, staring out the window, while I followed behind Tom’s car to the restaurant. The three of us walked in and joined everyone at their table. Bring Me The Horizon, Ally, Oli’s best friend Josh, and a few people from their management, were all there speaking in hushed tones. I knew what was coming and it was going to be ugly.

----------------------------
Tom’s POV
-----------------------------


“Let’s not pretend we came here for the food” Sheep, the tour manager, said as everyone finished eating. Ivy had only ordered a salad, and her plate was still almost full but she’d pushed it away from her. Ever since Oli made that comment about her during that stupid game, it weighed heavy on my mind. I was worried about her. I kept thinking about that night she almost passed out in the kitchen. Was that just something from her past, or had she been fighting an eating disorder this whole time? And why hadn’t anyone noticed it? Probably because all eyes turned to Oli as of late.

“Yeh need to get help” Matt said. I was surprised that he was the one to say it first. We all thought it, that’s what this whole outing was about, but the two of them were close and I’d expected him to stay quiet.

Oli scoffed and rolled his eyes as he stood up. “Fuck yeh. Fuck the lot of yeh”

Sheep threw some bills on the table and we all stood up, in case Oli walked out. “He’s right, mate. It’s out of hand” Josh said. My brother threw his hands in the air and suddenly became irate.

“This is bollocks! Yeh all my family. Yeh supposed to be fucking there, not ambush me in a fucking restaurant”

“We are here,” I told him, “Nobody wants to see yeh kill yehself. Matty’s called around and got yeh a bed at a rehab center. Yeh got to beat this. We want to help”

“I don’t need yeh fucking help!” He yelled. People at other tables turned to watch the soap opera but we didn’t care. Ivy reached her hand out and touched his arm to say something, but he spoke first, “Don’t fucking touch me!” he said, still yelling, and he spun around.

His hand pressed against her chest and pushed her. Her back hit the wall, but she didn’t look fazed at all. Everything happened so fast. He must not have realized it was her, his hand dropped instantly and a look of fear and regret engulfed came over his face. He looked like he was about to cry, honestly. Sheep and Jordan grabbed him and pulled him outside, away from her while I ran to Ivy’s side.

“Are yeh okay?” I asked, yelling over everyone else who was freaking out behind us.

“I’m fine” she said with nod. She still looked completely neutral. When he pushed her, she didn’t look upset or angry, or even surprised.

“Are yeh sure?” I asked, moving her hair out of her face to see her better. She looked away from me, seeming uncomfortable with my touch, but I couldn’t blame her with everything that had just happened.

“Yeah. I’ll meet you at the house” she said and started to walk away.

“No, I’m coming with yeh” I said, following her out. I didn’t want her there alone. Since I’d met her, all I did was think about her. More than I should, considering she was with my brother, but I couldn’t help it. She’d become one of my best friends, but I’d felt more than that for a while now. I knew we’d never be able to be together romantically, because even if they broke up, they’d always be in love like they once were. I hated the way he treated her. I hated the way he made her feel, but there was nothing I could do to change it. The only thing I could change, was what she’d do if she’d arrive home alone. All I wanted was to protect her. I didn’t want her to lock herself in her room and cry herself to sleep. Or purge everything she’d taken in tonight secretly into the toilet.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm sorry this one is so short, but it was necessary. Don't worry, this isn't going to turn into a Tom Sykes story, it's still about Oli. Next update coming very soon!