Status: Active!

Don't Let Me Drown

Sometimes We Take Chances, Sometimes We Take Pills

--------------------------------------------
Oliver’s P.O.V.
--------------------------------------------


Jade texted me and wanted me to come over. After I finished up at the studio with the guys, I started the drive back to Sheffield. “Come in!” she yelled when I knocked.
Jade was in a chair, smoking a pipe, and Ivy was laying on the couch, her head in the lap of the guy who gave her coke at the party last week. “Hey Oli” she said, and started giggling. She was strung out on something but I didn’t know what.

I sat on the chair next to Jade and she handed me her pipe. “Is this all you guys do all day?” I said.

“Pretty much” she laughed. It was sad. All they do is fuck around and get high. “Let me show you around” She said with a smirk. She stumbled through the house, pointing out different rooms. We went up the stairs and she continued, stopping at the door at the end of the hallway.

“This one’s my room” She smirked before walking inside. She pushed me down on the bed and climbed on top, but I wasn’t feeling it.

“Guys! Something’s wrong!” the other guy came running in.

“well go take care of it” Jade whined and rolled off of me. Seriously?

“what’s going on?” I sat up.

“I don’t know. She did something else and she’s throwing up everywhere”

“fuck” I got up and ran down the hall. Ivy was laying face up on the floor next to the couch passed out.

I knew what to do, having had the same thing happen to myself in the past. I turned her on her side and checked for a pulse. She had one and was breathing okay. I called her brother to see if he wanted me to call 911 or just bring her home.

Of course, Parker was out of town and wouldn't be able to get here for a few more hours. He asked me to take her home and keep an eye on her. For "not friends" we seem to spend an awful lot of time together. I don't know what her problem was with me. She wasn't my favorite person in the world either, but I didn't hate her. We actually used to almost be friends.

When they first moved here and I met Parker, Ivy and I ended up at the same parties and we would hang out. And then one day she just stopped talking to me and wouldn't answer the phone when I called.

I carried her to my car and drove her back to hers. I set her down in the hallway while I got the key from under the mat and unlocked the door. An old woman came walking down and had this horrified look on her face when she saw the two of us. I can only imagine what she thought I was doing to her.

I laid her on her side on her bed and brought her some water before sitting down on the other side of it. I played around on my phone for about an hour before she started to wake up. She rolled onto her back and glanced over at me.

"Why are you always here?" She mumbled.

"Yeh fucked up, I brought you home so you yeh didn't end up killing yehself" I told her.

"Go the fuck home. I don't need a fucking babysitter"

"Well apparently yeh do. Look at the fuckin mess yeh made. I'm trying to help yeh"

"You don't even know me" she chuckled.

"I do fuckin know yeh. We used to be friends. I've been in yeh shoes Ivy" as I said that, she jumped up and ran into her bathroom, shutting the door behind her. I could hear her vomitting for a few minutes, then she went quiet.

"Everyfing okay in there?" I asked, knocking on the door. She didn't answer. When I opened the door she was leaning over the toilet taking deep breaths. She nodded to answer my question when she saw me.

"Yeh brother should be here in a few. He asked meh to watch ovah yeh till he got here" I told her.

"You called him?" She yelled angrily.

"I fought yeh were gonna fucking die Ivy!"

"It's not your problem!" She said going back into her room.

"How long are yeh gonna keep this up for? Yeh playin wiff fire" I said and she just chuckled, shaking her head.

"Again not your problem" she said, lighting her cigarette with shaky hands.

"It is my problem. Parker is my friend. Yeh all he's got. Yeh need to give him a break. He's trying to help you"

"I don't need his help"

"Yeh do need help. This isn't healthy. Yeh can't stay numb forever. Believe meh I know. I was pullin' this same shit a few years ago. Getting strung out for days at a time. When's the last time yeh were sober?" I asked her.

She didn't answer me, just continued staring out the window.
"Make meh a deal. Yeh stay sober for a week and I'll leave yeh alone for good. And I'll calm Parker down when he gets here. Don't, and yeh check inta a rehab center"

"I'm not a fucking addict" she laughed.

"Maybeh not. But yeh will be soon if yeh keep this up".

"Fine. Deal" she said and I smiled. "But we're still not friends"

"That's where yeh wrong, love" I said. Hearing the front door open, I went to talk Parker down.