Forever

Forever

And I guessed overtime I had loved him more than he thought I had. He wouldn't ever think that I was in love with him. And when I confessed my love for him was more than just a friendship sort of love, it hurt so bad to see him angry, so offended. He pushed me away for the next few months. He said that we were just friends. But our friendship was nonexistent. He never acknowledged me, and I felt so alone. I felt unloved and I guess that can really get to a person. I know I am a wimp, and I guess I should have known the consequences if he actually didn't love me back. I was caught up in my dreams. I guess in my head I believed it would come true. I guess that I believed that dreams could really turn into a reality.
He had ended up moving out. He had got a girlfriend. Overtime they became engaged. And I stayed out of his way, like how he had asked me to. I continued being me. happy, innocent Frank who liked having Gerard as a friend. Who was so excited when he heard his friend was engaged, who was just glad Gerard was in a good place now. I was never thanked for saving him. I was never recognized for always being there for him. In my time of weakness I decided that it was time to go. So I calmly grabbed my jacket, and pulled it over my body. And I walked outside.I walked to the tower bridge. I stood on the top. I closed my eyes and jumped. And all I could see was white. But i felt so happy. So free. I felt like I was floating, and the feeling of guilt and depression had gone away. I smiled. I was in a great place now. And Gerard didn't have to give two shits about me now. I was gone.
I never expected to have a funeral. I attended it. But I didn't really want to but I know I had too. I was shocked to see Gerard. His hair was matted, his eyes were dark and swollen red as if he was cracking under pressure as he gave his speech. I listened carefully to his words, but he couldn't even manage three.
“My friend Frank - fuck” Gerard mumbled as he hung his head, and he began to sob. And that's when i realized I had made a mistake. And I tried to shout, I grabbed his shoulder but he couldn't feel me. I wanted to comfort him, but I was trapped and I just wanted to apologize for being so selfish.
And only a few weeks after my event, I saw him. And we hugged. We hugged for hours. And I knew that we would be together forever.