The Chosen Ones

Chapter2

I wake up on a hard surface. I open my eyes to a white room. I glance down at myself and all my wounds have healed. That's never happened before! Not this fast! What's going on? I sit up and look around and there's no door that I can see.
"Glad to see you're awake." My eyes fly to a speaker in the corner if the room. I don't see a camera.
"Let me out!"
"We can't do that until you've calmed down and we know you won't run...we just want to help you." I throw myself at the wall with all my strength.
JASPER
A few of the guys flinch as she throws herself at the glass. I close my eyes for a second. She can't break it but she'll really hurt herself if she keeps this up.
"Leave us alone for awhile." I say. I'm not in charge around here but because of who I am they tend to listen to what I have to say. They talk among themselves for a few minutes but finally agree to leave. I sit down in the chair in front of the glass. I press the glowing red button that allows me to talk to her but not before she throws herself at the glass again.
"Stop." She freezes as if recognizing my voice. She looks around puling her long black hair out of her face. Her bright blue eyes linger on the glass as if she knows I'm sitting right behind it.
"What do you want from me?" She asks, standing up straighter. I smile at her courage.
"I just want to help you...help you control those powers you've got."
"You can't help me." She growls but something flickers across her face. Loneliness? I could in fact help her. I'm probably the only person that can help her. Sadly the higher ups had commanded me not to tell her what I really am.
"I can. You just have to trust me." She glares at the glass.
"Why should I trust you! You kidnapped me." She raised her hands slowly and I see a light building. "I won't stay here."
"Stop you'll hurt yourself." She pushes her hands forward and the light shoots at the glass. The glass completely shatters on impact and I fly backwards. As I get up I see her jump through the broken window with bloody hands. She glances at me before running for the door. I quickly stand and move towards the panel. I remove the case that covers a larger red button and press it. An alarm goes off.

EMILY
I dash down the hall. I'm surprised to find it's filled with teenagers. I push past them when an alarm goes off. Great now everyone knows. I have no idea how to get out of this place.
"There she is! Stop her!" Someone shouts as I run pass the hallway they're in. They run out behind me and I hear a whooshing sound. Something wraps around my ankles and I fall to the floor. Looking behind me I find a rope wrapped around my ankles. Without thinking I shoot fire behind me. The rope breaks and I start running again. I quickly turn down random halls to lose them. I see a door at the end of the hall I'm in labeled exit. I quickly move towards it. I almost laugh with relief when I burst through the doors and find I'm outside. In front of me lies rows of trees.
"Stop!" I turn around to see the guy from the room. I smile bitterly at him.
"Nice try, maybe next time."
"If you go that way you'll be shot at. There's machine guns programmed to shoot at any moving target." Can I believe him? If he knows what I am why would he bother trying to scare me with something like that. A machine gun can't kill me. Even if it will hurt I can't stay here. There's no telling what they'll do to me. I turn and run. As soon as I reach the trees the sounds of the guns firing rings in my ears. I manage to dodge some of the bullets but a couple hit my side. I wince but keep running. More pierce my legs and I stumble. When I hit the ground the bullets stop. I don't dare move. My whole body stings almost unbearably. I don't even think I made it halfway through.
I try to see when the sound of the machine guns go off again. I eventually give up and the guys head appears above mine. He's completely unharmed. I can see his shield of air around him. So he's an air user I think before I close my eyes. he smacks my face lightly and I reopen my eyes.
"Are you crazy?" He asks gently. "I told you they were there." He picks me up slowly but it still hurts like hell. I bite my lip. "Sorry but you did this to yourself." I hear him say before I black out.