Logan

'You Might Want To Sit For This'

You knocked on the door twice and waited silently for Logan to answer but when the door did open it was a child that stood in front of you not the sharp clawed mutant you were expecting. The girl stared at you for a second before slamming the door in your face. You thought for a minute that maybe you'd gotten the wrong room. That was until the door opened once more and this time Logan gave you the smallest of smiles.
'Sorry she's a bit problematic'
'Since when did you travel with a child Logan?' you shut the door behind you and spied the girl sitting on a bed in front of Charles Xavier. 'You've moved Charles?' you stared at him in shock and he shook his head.
'I don't have time to explain all the bullshit I've just been through I need to show you something' he turned but you stopped him.
'Why?'
'In the other room'
'Why?'
'Jesus Isabelle just get in the other room' he walked through the door and disappered. You followed after a heartbeat and stopped in front of the TV.
'You might want to sit for this'
All your sense went from low to high alert as soon as the words left his lips. You suddenly remembered all the times Charles told you it was possible you'd become a mind reader later on in life. Thank god that never happened because you'd hate to be able to hearing what Logan was thinking right now.
'And why would sitting make whatever you'd about to say better?'
'Because it involves Alex Summers' your arse hit the chair before he'd even finished. You swallowed the weird taste in your mouth as he handed you a file.
It was already open onto a page so creased you knew he'd been looking at it for some time.
There was a picture of a little boy maybe 5 years old, Possibly younger. His name was Michael.
You looked up at Logan and frowned gesturing to the file.
'I don't get it. This is why you called me? Whats this got to do with Alex or me even'
'Just keep reading' he took a swig of the small bottle of whiskey and ran his hand over his face roughly.
'Name Michael, age 54 months, genetic strand Isabelle Reed… Alex Su…' you frowned deeper and stopped reading before holding the file up. 'I don't… what is this? What do they need… DNA from what!?' you seemed to have shouted the last part without even meaning to. It could mean anything right. He could just have the same mutation as you and Alex.
'DNA from you and Alex'
'For what?' you tried to breath calmly through your nose but it was becoming increasingly difficult.
'For the boy. For this Michael'
'I don't…' tears filled your eyes and cascaded down leaving small dark spots on the paper.
'They made him with your DNA and Alex's which pretty much makes this boy your so-' he jumped when you got up from the chair and all but ran from the room. You held the file out in front of Charles.
'Explain to me what this is right now!' Charles smiled like he always does even when someone is yelling at him. It had infuriated you the entire time you'd known him. Always so understanding.
'Isabelle it's so nice to see you again' he looked at the file in your hand and his smile grew bigger 'This is Michael your so-'
'Shut up'
'He was made from you and Al-'
'I said shut up!' you breathed heavily and dropped the file on the floor. The girl called Laura picked it up and looked at the boy on the paper. She smiled and pointed at your name before pointing at you.
'Yes Laura this is Isabelle. I found her when she was just 16'
'Shut up Charles'
'Why is that all you and Logan say to me?'
'Because sometimes all you do is talk shit' Logan reentered the room and sat at the bottom of the bed.
Charles waited for you to look up at him which you eventually did. He smiled and held his hand out. You took it and knelt on the bed.
'Laura says the boy is one of the children to make it out alive. He's very smart and just like you and Alex'
'Please stop… just please'
'Why?'
'Because I miss him more than you could possibly imagine. Because I wasn't there when he was taken. Because I couldn't do anything after I found out that he was… gone' you choked the last word out and removed your hand from Charles. 'Because it's hurt ever since that day and every time I think about it is just another thorn in my heart'
'Come with us Isabelle. We're going to meet the others. I know your hearts broken but it was broken before I found you and look what happened' Charles pleaded with you. Something you hadn't seen for a while. In fact you hadn't felt Charles in your head for a long time now. You could never decide if that was a good thing or something you missed dearly. 'Laura said she would like you to come along'
'Are you just saying that to make me feel wanted?' you felt the girl put her hand on your arm.
'On the contrary she insists that you come along. She says it will be nice to have someone else to talk to for a change'
'Apart from the fact that she hasn't spoken at all' Logan laughed and stood up. 'Are you coming with us or what?'
Laura still had her hand on you and when you looked at her she smiled hopefully.
'Ok I'll come with you'
'Great you can help me, we need a new car to get out of here'
You slide off the bed and followed Logan out of the hotel room.