Status: Updates every Saturday.

Obsession

01

1992/1993

Harley was utterly bored as she sat in English class. She laid her head down on her folded arms and listened as Mr. Green went on and on about some book their were reading in class. Harley let her eyes roam around the room, not really looking anywhere particular. Until she found herself letting them fall on a certain blonde hair boy, who was doing the same thing as her expect he had his eyes closed.

Harley found this particular boy weirdly cute. As if he could tell someone was staring at him, the boy opened his eyes and soon green was looking into brown. The boy gave her an sly smile and winked at her causing Harley to blush and look away.

Not even five minutes after she got caught staring at the cute blonde boy, the bell rang, signaling the end of the period and day. Harley quickly gathered up her belongings and walked out of the class room, not bothering to listen to what the homework was.

She soon found herself in the crowded hallways and started heading towards her locker, not noticing that someone was fallowing her. Harley pushed past people to get to her locker and sighed in annoyance when she saw two teenager making out against her locker.

"Can you move?" She asked, reaching to open her locker, not caring if she caused the teenagers to pull apart once she had it open.

"Rude." The girl scuffled

Harley rolled her eyes and pushed them away, so she could get the books she needed to study with or do homework from. Harley slammed the locker door shut and turned around to leave, but instead came face first into someone's chest.

Harley looked up to see the same brown eyes from her English class, staring down at her. She blushed and step back so she wasn't so close to the cute blonde boy.

"Sorry." Harley mumbled

"You were fine where you were." The boy stated, giving her a cheeky smile causing Harley to look down, avoiding any further eye contact with him. "I'm Tate by the way and what's your name, Red?"

"Harley."

Tate smiled to himself as he looked down at the blushing red head. "Beautiful name for such an gorgeous girl." Chuckled Tate, he grinned when he saw Harley look away and pull her books closer to her chest.

Harley's cheeks deepen, almost becoming more red then her hair. "I've got to be going. I'm meeting my best friend outside." She stated, moving to walk around Tate and started heading to the front of the school.

'Simple beautiful.' Tate thought to himself as he watched Harley walk away and soon turn to walk the opposite direction Harley went.

****


"So what has you smiling?" Lily asked Harley, once she saw the red head walking out of the school's double doors.

"Nothing." Smiled Harley, has she clutched her books closer to her chest and starting walking towards her car with Lily walking slightly behind her.

"Nothing my ass." Lily stated

Harley rolled her eyes and started digging for her keys, purposely ignoring Lily, who kept asking why she was smiling so big. She pulled her keys out of her pocket and thrust them into the car door before throwing it open and putting her books on the back seat.

She reached over and unlocked the passenger door for Lily before getting herself buckled. Lily was still interested on who or what had her best friend grinning and her cheeks redder then normal.

"Please tell what has you smiling so big?" Lily pleaded, looking over at Harley who was looking out the back window to make sure it was clear for her to back out of the parking spot.

She pulled the car into the reverse and started backing out before answering Lily's pleas for the reason why she was smiling.

"A boy got me to smile." Harley simple stated, pulling out of the school's parking lot and into the semi busy street.

Lily's blue eyes lit up like an Christmas tree and a soon a sly grin made its way on to her dark red colored lips. "Do I know this boy, who made you smile?" Lily asked.

Harley shrugged her shoulders, not once taking her eyes off the road as she turned down the street that both girls lived on. "I have no idea if you know this boy." She said

"Then what's his name then?"

"Tate."

Lily's forehead wrinkled in confusion because she in fact didn't know who this boy was, since the name didn't sound familiar at all. "That name doesn't ring any bells for me."

Harley chuckled and shook her head while she pulled into the empty drive way of her house. Harley turned off her car and got her books from the back seat. Lily quickly got out of the car and pulled her bag over her shoulder.

"Are we still on for movie night tonight?" Lily asked, once Harley had gotten out of the car.

"Yes."

"Okay. See you tonight."

"See you."

Harley waved at Lily, who walked over to the house next door to hers. She soon fallowed the familiar path that lead to the front door of her house. Harley unlocked the door and walked into the silent house.

'Home sweet home.' Thought Harley has she closed the door behind her.

****


Tate lean against the head board of his bed, staring aimlessly at the wall while he thought about the red head girl, who caused all kinds of feelings to course through his teenage body. He thought about the way she blushed when he would smile at her or how shy she got when she noticed she had bumped into him.

"Truly unique, she is." Tate mumbled to himself, moving his eyes from the wall to the blank notebook that sat next to the unopened book on his bed.

No matter how he tried to focus on his homework, his mind would always drift back to Harley. That girl was going to be the death of him, if she continued to invaded not only his thoughts, but his dreams also.

Harley was his obsession and soon or later, she was going to be his.
♠ ♠ ♠
Image

Update!
I finished this chapter a lot sooner then I thought I would. Haha. So I choose to start off the first chapter with Harley instead of Tate because I just wanted to. The second chapter will began with Tate and end with Harley. Also I want to thanks Viva La Ellie for commenting. THANKS!

Far winds,
Jamie

Harley