Let Love Loose

One Day Earlier

It’s finally Monday, I better see Frank at school, we need to talk I don’t care if he wants to or not. He’s ignored me all weekend and my parents keep asking me what’s wrong so I’m trying to keep it together but I’m ready to explode.

The campus grandfather clock begins to chime indicating that it is now ten o clock, I usually meet Frank at this time and we walk together until we part for our different classrooms.

I sit on a bench under a tree that’s dispersing gold and brown leaves and I think of Frank’s eyes, makes me tear up and sniffle.

I hear Chase’s cackling and my ears perk up, I look up from the leaves and see Frank and Chase are walking together laughing and I burn hot with anger all over. Before I know it, I’m across the campus lawn and in Frank’s face.

“What the fuck Frank, really?? You guys are best buds again?” I burst.

Frank looks around at the people now staring, but for once I don’t care, I want an answer.

“Noella, chill.”

“Chill!?” I’m irate. “You don’t tell me to chill! You fucking broke my heart and ignored me the whole weekend! Fuck you Frank! How could you do this to me?”

I scream, sending my hands flying at him and Lisa notices the commotion, grabs me into a hug and tries to get me to walk away. I go with her after getting a stinging slap across Frank’s face. There’s a crowd of people and I hear an ominous “ooo,” go around after I hit him.

I can tell Frank wants to retaliate by nature but his hand just goes to his face and he stalks away.