Let Love Loose

Present

My throat hurts from the sobs I’ve been wetting my pillows with. It’s all my fault, God I’m suck a fucking loser! Whining, crying and getting snot on my sleeves and sheets, this is pathetic! I sit up detaching my face from the wet pillows and go to the kitchen. It’s one in the morning, normally I’d be asleep at this time or scrolling through my phone in bed. But not tonight, because one I hate the world and everyone in it and two my parents are on vacation in Peru.

After ripping paper towels from the holder and covering them in gooey clear slime I toss them and dash to the counter. I climb on top and stand tall, gripping the tiny lip of the top cabinets. There in the dusty, dark shadows sits the glorious bottle of Bourbon. I stretch my arm out, stand on my tip toes straining to reach and my braids fall in front of my face. I look down and push myself closer determined, pressing my boobs roughly against the hardwood cabinets. My fingers swipe blindly as I try to tap it towards me and when I finally tap it, I don’t expect the contact to be so hard. The bottle goes gliding across the wood to the edge of the cabinet slightly hanging off above mom’s glass stove. Holy shit if this bottle falls I know it’s going to shatter a part of this stovetop. I hurry moving my bare feet down the counter and yank the bottle tucking it under my arm. Instead of putting the bottle down and carefully jumping down. I jump down full force to the wood floors and the weight of the bottle under my arm sloshes around, rubbing against my silk shirt threatening to slip and crash to the floor.

When I’m steady I wrap both my arms around the bottle and go to couch. I think of Frank again.