Let Love Loose

Five Days Ago

“Noelle, I’ve wanted you since the day I first saw you. Fr- Frank only talked to you in the first place because I dared him that he wouldn’t!”

Chase has me cornered in this loud ass club, he must’ve watched and waited for me to come out of the bathroom and he’s drunk as hell.

“I can love you waaay better than him,” he yells and it’s slurred.

I try peering over him hoping to connect eyes with someone else that was riding in the car but I all I see is closed eyes, flying hair, gyrating bodies and flashing lights. My ears are blasting, there’s a speaker right above our heads blaring.

“Chase, you’re drunk, you don’t know what you’re talking about.”

His eyebrows pull together, he appears offended, “I don’t know what I’m talking about?”

He hiccups, “Noelle, I love you.”

Because of his delayed instincts I can see he’s about to go in for a kiss and I turn my head and push him away. He stumbles back and bumps into this girl standing next to a table with no chairs, that girl is obviously drunk too and starts cursing out Chase.

He starts cursing at her back and that’s when I make my escape. I weed through the dancing and grinding people to finally find Frank laughing hysterically with the rest of our group. I walk up and join them sitting next to Frank in the booth, he wraps an arm around my waist sliding me close to him and kisses me on the neck.

“Hey, where’s Chase?” Rodney, another of Frank’s friends asks.

All six of us look at each other, then eyes fall on me and I grow self-conscious.

Victoria questions me, “you didn’t see him on the dance floor on your way to the bathroom?” she laughs.

I shake my head, “uh yeah actually he’s getting into it with some chick.”

“Wait, what! Where?”

I point to the other side of the club shouting, ‘near bathroom,’ and Victoria now antsy pushes at Rodney to let her out of the booth. Victoria tells Lisa she has to come with her because Victoria can’t do anything without Lisa and Lisa drags Darren along with her because she’d much rather be with Darren right now. Rodney tags along too and they all bee bop their way to Chase. I feel less anxious now and look over at Frank. He looks at me with dreamy drunk eyes and smiles at me, I laugh and shake my head at him, I wish I was drunk like everyone else but I’m only 19.

Frank leans in and kisses me with wet lips grabbing at my thighs, waist and butt. I pull away to breathe and notice they’re all making their way back to the table, Chase in the lead glaring at me.