Let Love Loose

Two Nights Ago

“Why have your grades been slacking Noella?” my father asks.

My phone plays a chiming tone and I glance down seeing Frank’s name, I get excited I haven’t heard from him all day.

*New Text Message*

My dad clears his throat regaining my attention and I remember that I’m currently being scolded for getting a C in my math class.

“You need to wake up Noella. These classes are not free, and you are not paying. Which reminds me, how is the job searching going? I’ve been telling you I want you to at least find a part-time job. We can’t take care of you forever. We’ve had this same conversation at least five times since last summer.”

I sigh, “I know, I know dad. I’m trying I swear.”

“Is it this Frank you’ve been seeing? You used to have motivation, inspired to do something with your life and now your life is all about this Frank. Do we need to cancel this trip and make sure you actually complete your work this week?”

“No dad! Please, take your vacation you guys deserve it. I promise I’ll study more my classes have just been a little more difficult this semester, I’m not in high school anymore and I have to remember that. And with the job, I’m going to apply to more places tonight online and see if I can ride the bus to drop off applications tomorrow. Okay, dad? I’m not slacking off I swear.”

He nods approving of my sudden determination.

“But if we come home and find out you haven’t been doing your homework missy. . .”

I sigh, it’s not like my teachers are going to call you anyway, I need to give permission now homie. I bite my lip to hide the smile threatening to appear.

“Yes sir.”

“Alright,” he says dismissing me and I grab my phone and dash to my room.

Finally, I can talk to Frank! Where the hell has he been anyway?

I go to my text messages and read.

What in the hell is this??????

Download Photo

I look at the picture and my heart starts racing. This- this is my body. . . These are my breasts and my bra, where the hell did this come from?! My hands start to shake and my breath is noisy.

My fingers flash across the screen and I type as fast as I can.

FRANK I SWEAR I DON’T KNOW WHERE THIS CAME FROM

*sent*

I put a hand to my forehead then when on the verge of tears I grab my fallen phone from the floor and decide calling because I can’t bear to wait for his text.

He answers angrily, “why the fuck does Chase have a picture of your tits on his phone Noelle!?”

Chase? What the hell, how did Chase get a picture of me? The tears start falling and I shake my head pulling at the threads of carpet between my toes.

“Frank,” I cry. “Frank, I don’t know how he got that picture. I swear I didn’t send him that picture.”

I hear Frank and Chase yelling at each other on his side of the line, I sit on the floor covering my face with my hand.

“Frank? Frank?” I call out.

He’s really yelling and cursing out Chase calling him every name in the book.

“This motherfucker’s saying you showed him your tits! I swear to God Noelle! Noelle, tell me he’s lying! You better tell me he’s fucking lying!”

Chase yells and there’s a crash, it sounds like the phone is dropped because everything is muffled and I hear more banging.

“Baby, he is! I’m- I’m coming over.”