Let Love Loose

Thirty Minutes After Phone Call (Noella's Point of View)

After begging my mom to let me use her car coming up with the excuse that I ran out of tampons she finally lets me go. Now I’m pounding on Frank’s front door because no one is answering it and all I hear is yelling.

Finally I just let myself in to see the house is destroyed. The kitchen has smashed dishes and the doors to the fridge and microwave are open. They’re scuffling in Frank’s room and I hurry in there.

“You’re a piece a shit Chase, I’m going to fucking kill you!” Franks sonorous voice erupts.

“F- Fuck you Frank!”

Chase sounds drunk, Frank’s got him pinned to the ground, his knees on Chase’s head and back, Chase is yelling, cursing and spitting turning himself red.

“Frank!” I scream.

Frank snaps his head at me, anger practically boiling out of him like lava.

He stands up releasing Chase and comes towards me.

“Noella, what the fuck is this shit? Chase is tellin’ me you showed him your tits as a thank you when he gave you a ride home. Tell me what I’m hearing isn’t fucking true because I swear I will kill both of you and happily go to jail.”

“No that’s not true!”

Chase blubbers into whatever liquid he’s in but it’s incoherent.

“Then tell me what that picture is! I know it’s you!”

“I- I was taking my jacket off and my shirt went up too I didn’t notice and I guess he took a picture before telling me I had it up.”

He makes a face, “you think I’m stupid dude!? That’s your excuse, really?!” he’s dumbfounded.
I grow desperate and the tears are a free for all, “yes Frank! That’s exactly what happened, I’m telling you the truth!”

“I don’t believe you,” he shakes his head, finally not yelling anymore.

But I am now, “Frank what do you mean you don’t believe me? You believe Chase’s story, but not mine?”

“Chase’s story makes fucking sense. If your shirt was up and Chase had the decency to tell you your shirt was up I don’t think he would’ve thought to take a picture first. No one thinks that far ahead in situations like that.”

I can’t believe this, he seriously doesn’t believe me.

“No I didn’t think Chase was a pervert either but he is.”

“No you’re just a slut,” that slaps me in the face.

My heart pangs and I look at Frank with glassy eyes shaking my head.

“What did you just call me?” I whisper.

“A slut, you’re a fucking whore. Get the fuck out of my house.”

I’m bawling now, “this isn’t fair Frank! Chase is the fucking liar, I can’t believe you! Why would I do something like that, why don’t you believe me?!”

Frank doesn’t say another word, but roughly grabs my arm and leads me to the front door. I weakly punch him in the chest repeatedly yelling his name.

“Get the fuck out!” he yells giving me one final shove out of the house and slamming the door shut.

I scream and shout pounding on the door not caring who sees or hears me.