A Grimmer Take on the Grimm Fairy Tales

Snow White: Dance with the Devil

Leaning in with his blood-red lips, Snow felt the kiss of death coming to take her. Alas, only one word was uttered from the sacred lips of Satan. Power, power, power was all her mind would say. Thrust into the world of immoral deeds, Snow woke not to the sweet kiss of love, but the rude jostling of insignificant humans.
Looking about the dark forest of sin, she happened to glance upon a ray of light from the moon. This noble architecture was the prince himself, her savior yet her warden. She asked her captor what in Satan’s name was happening and where he was taking her; to which he replied that everything was fine, and that he would take care of her. However, she did not fail to note the red gleam of passion in his charcoal eyes as he stared at her plump red lips. Deep inside what remained of her soul, emotions were churning. Emotions, she didn’t even know existed before the awakening into her new life. Fear overcome by curiosity, curiosity overcome by desire, desire overcome by indignation, and indignation overcome by hatred. Feigning the act of tiredness and naivety, the young princess innocently asked her savior to stop for the night. Upon seeing the same red gleam in her eyes, the prince was overjoyed knowing that the night would pass quite pleasantly. But he knew wrong. The princess, knowing the true meaning behind her bloody glance, led the love of her life into a sheltered area that had been marked off for their sacred night. The two gazed at each other, with glances so similar yet so different.
As each second passed, the night became darker and darker as the end became closer and closer. Snow gave the prince a potion. “Drink,” she commanded in a very endearing yet commanding tone. As if under the spell of the devil, the prince raised the forbidden drink to his lips and allowed the serum to drip down his throat. Slowly, like the innocence of a young child, his heart beat began to diminish as he finally laid limp on the cold, hard ground. As she finally looked, smiling, into the eyes of death, Snow began to realize her power, her control. For what woman who was about to be raped by the prince would have the courage to fight those who enslaved her? As she stared about in triumph, the princess finally realized that now she had control over the prince’s mind and the prince’s body.
After discarding the remains of what she never thought to be human, Snow slipped out into the night, her blackened soul blending in with the blackness of the sky. There she left the king’s men, all as unaware as they could be, in search of her other oppressors. Perhaps she could decide on the fate of her step mother next? And perhaps, her evil role model will not have to encounter the kiss of death, but rather a dance with the devil.