Status: work-in-progress

The Family Business

Three

Felicity’s POV

When I woke up the next day, Bobby and Dean were in the living room arguing about someone named Sam. “So what, you just let him go off by himself?”

“He was dead set on it.” Bobby shrugged and stood up from his small desk.

“Bobby, you should have been looking after him.” Dean persisted.

“I tried.” Bobby looked offended. “These last few months haven’t been exactly easy, you know. For him or me. We had to bury you.”

“Why did you bury me?”

“I wanted you salted and burned. The drill, you know. But Sam wasn’t having it.” I cleared my throat to let them know I was in the room. “Uh… there’s stuff in the kitchen if you want to make breakfast.” I nodded and went about my business. “He said he was going to get you back one way or the other. Said you would need a body when he did.”

“Dammit Sammy… He got me back alright. But whatever he did was some bad mojo. You should have seen the grave site. It was like a nuke went off. Then there was this… force. This presence.” Dean sighed and took off his green button up and pulled up his undershirt sleeve. I dropped the eggs I was holding when I saw the raised, red handprint on his shoulder.

Dean Winchester has escaped.

“Sorry… sorry. I’ll clean it up.” I felt a chill go through me as I bent down to pick up the shells. “Mop?”

Nearly an entire day later, we were back in Illinois at some run down motel. “Why couldn’t I have just followed you guys in my car and went home?” I asked as we jumped out of Bobby’s truck.

“No offense sweetheart, but we don’t exactly trust you. You could go to the police and I don’t need anyone knowing I’m back from the dead.” Dean explained as we walked in.

“Says the guy going to surprise his brother with the good news.” Serenity rolled her eyes. Dean asked for Sam’s room number and we all headed up to the second floor to room 207. We knocked on the door and a gorgeous brunette woman answered the door. “Sam’s a girl?” Serenity asked me.

“So? Where’s the pizza that apparently takes four people to deliver.” She crossed her arms over her chest.

“We probably have the wrong room… sorry.” Dean said disappointed.

“Hey is that…” A tall brunette man stepped into view and froze when he saw us all standing there.

“Hey, ya, Sammy.” Dean stepped past the woman at the door and went to talk to his brother. Almost immediately Sam attacked him, pinning him against the wall holding a knife.

“Who are you!?” Sam yelled as he held his brother in place.

“Shouldn’t you know?! You did this!”

“Did what?!”

“Sam! Sam I’ve checked. It’s really him!” Bobby stepped between the two brothers and looked at Sam. “It’s really him.”

“Okay, I get that this is really intense… but I call dibs on Sam.” Serenity whispered and I smacked her arm.

“I’m pretty sure that’s his girlfriend that answered the door, Ser.” Serenity sighed in disappointment.

“Who are these girls?” Sam asked, nodding his head in our direction.

“Serenity and Felicity. See, Serenity here saw me crawl out of the ground and decided to follow me all the way to Bobby’s.”

“You stole my car!”

“Details.” Dean waved her off. “So now, because of how much they’ve seen, we can’t leave them alone or they’ll call the cops. Felicity already slapped Bobby and Serenity has an attitude.” Sam smirked in Serenity’s direction and I saw her face turn three shades of red.

“Okay, but in Cici’s defense, they tied us up and cut us with a knife. What else was she supposed to do? Give them a hug after they cut us loose?” Serenity shrugged. “By the way, we already promised them we wouldn’t go to the cops. Think you could convince them to let us go? You seem more level headed than Dean over here… no offense.” Dean shrugged in a “none taken” type of manner.

“So, wait… you two are like… together?” The girl who answered the door asked, clearly confused.

“God no. This… he’s my brother.” Sam explained, smiling.

“Right… I should probably go… but call me?”

“Yeah. Yeah, sure thing, Kathy.”

“It’s Christie…” Her face fell as she walked away and Sam awkwardly closed the door.

“Dibs.” Serenity whispered to me again, to which I replied by rolling my eyes.

“So… what did it cost?” The tension grew thick as Dean sat down at the small hotel room table, asking the question.

“What? The girl? Dean… you know I don’t pay.”

“To bring me back, Sammy!” Dean snapped.

“Wait… I didn’t do that. That wasn’t me… God as much as I wish it was me, it wasn’t!”

“Well that’s the only way this could have happened!” Dean stood up and charged Sam, grabbing him by the collar of his shirt as Serenity and I stepped out of the way. “Now tell the truth!”

“He is!” Serenity yelled from behind me. All eyes slowly turned on her. “I… I don’t know how I know he is… but he didn’t… he didn’t do it.” She lost her balance for a second before Bobby caught her, making sure she didn’t hit the ground. “Does… the name Castiel mean anything to either of you?”

“Ser, what are you doing?” I rushed over to my best friend and took her from Bobby, who was now looking at her with confusion written across his face.

“So, what? Now you’re psychic? See Bobby, I told you we couldn’t trust these girls.” Dean shoved Sam away from him as he walked over to us. I sat Serenity on the edge of the messy bed and stood between her and Dean.

“She’s not a psychic, and if you go anywhere near her, I swear to God I’ll kill you… again.” Dean scoffed at me and plopped down in one of the chairs. “Serenity, what happened?”

“I heard that stupid voice again. This time he was introducing himself. Said his name was Castiel. I don’t know what’s going on… It’s really starting to freak me out.” She said and wrapped her arms around herself. “I don’t… like it.”

“Huh… I’ll see what I can find out… I have a psychic friend of mine a few hours from here if you’d like me to call her.” Sam and Dean nodded before Bobby stepped away to call his psychic friend.

“Are you feeling any different, Dean? Strange or…”

“Demonic? No, Sammy. I feel fine. I don’t know how many times I have to prove that to you and Bobby…” Dean rolled his eyes and leaned back in his seat.

After a few moments of silence, Sam finally spoke up. “Oh, you probably want this back.” He reached up and took a necklace from around his neck before handing it to Dean.

“Thanks.” Dean smiled as he put the necklace on.

“Don’t mention it…” Sam cleared his throat. “Dean… what was it like?”

“What? Hell?” Sam nodded. “I don’t know. I must have blacked out. I don’t remember a damn thing.” Something in me told me Dean was lying to his brother, but I let it go as he excused himself to the bathroom.

Serenity’s POV

“Okay, my friend says she can see us, but she’s about four hours down the interstate. Try and keep up.” Bobby said as we all followed him out to the parking lot.

“I’m assuming you want to drive?” Sam looked at Dean as he handed over a pair of car keys.

“Oh, I almost forgot!” Dean’s mood instantly lifted as soon as he saw a black, 1967 Chevy Impala. “Hi, sweetheart! Did you miss me?”

“Dude shotgun!” I called and ran up to the car. “Dean… she’s beautiful.” Felicity shook her head as she made her way to Bobby’s car.

“I like you a little more every time you speak, sweetheart.” Dean laughed as we all piled into the car. Unfortunately, I was forced to sit in the backseat. Something about ‘brotherly bonding’. “What the hell is that?” Dean asked as soon as Sam sat down.

“It’s an iPod jack.” Sam shrugged and buckled in.

“You were supposed to take care of her. Not douche her up.”

“Dean, I thought it was my car.” Sam laughed.

“I’m with Dean on this one. This is a beautiful car. You can’t just… add iPod jacks to her. It’s not right.” I was leaning forward with my arms crossed on the back of the seat.

“You’re my favorite sister.”

“She’s not my sister.” I shot back. People had been confusing us for sisters our entire lives. It was second nature to deny it at this point.

“Whatever.” Dean shrugged and started up the car. A country song started playing over the speakers and we both looked at Sam with a silent judgement as he shrugged. I reached forward and pulled the iPod from its jack and high-fived Dean without a word before we took off down the interstate.
♠ ♠ ♠
Okay, so I know it's kinda boring, but I promise it'll get better. I have some awesome stuff planned. I'm trying to follow as closely to the show as possible, so that's why it's kinda moving slowly. I really hope you enjoy it, though! Let me know what you think in the comments. Thank you!

Xx