Personal Space

Lights Out!

"Ouch! Crow! Stop stepping on me!"

"Oh Shut Up, Tommy! There isn't anything on you TO step on!"

"Yeah huh!"

"Nah-uh!"

"Yeah-huh!!"

"QUIET YOU TWO!" Joel hollered from the veil of darkness that surrounded them. "He's waking up I think!" The man started groaning and shifting but no one could see what was happening. "Quick, Crow! Get some water!"

"On it!" Crow shouted in reply, but paused.

"Well?"

"Oh, sorry, I wasn't listening..." Joel was getting very frustrated. He hadn't ever been angry with the robots before, but this was a serious situation and they hardly came across such things, so Joel was a little heated.

"FINE, Forget it!" He scolded. The two robots could be heard clanking about in a frightened jump from the sudden loud noise he made. "I'll get it myself!" Joel's footsteps slammed on the grated metal floors and left the room.

"Now look what you did, Crow!" Servo pouted, childishly.

"HEY SHUT UP, Marble-head! You were the one who started arguing in the first place!" Crow huffed.

"Nah-uh!" Servo began again.

"YEAH-HUH!"

"Nah-uh!"

Suddenly, to break the 'argument', the man, previously unconscious, woke up to an unfamiliar scene. He had been knocked unconscious while in a burning room and woke up to an agonizing burning pain all over his body and a pitch black room with two wonky voices arguing right above him, not to mention, he was fully nude with only briefs. Lemme ask, how would YOU respond in a situation like that?

"AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!" The man screamed and propped up suddenly, whacking his head on Crow's beak-like structure/
"AHHHHh-OW!" Crow (and Servo), replied, ramming into one another in terror. The man grabbed his head and placed his other hand next to him for support, but none was there, so he was sent tumbling off the control panel desk and falling face first on the ground.

"WHAT IS HAPPENING IN HERE!?" Joel's squeaky effeminate voice came from the doorway as he ran inside the control room once again.

"Oh my God! I'm in Hell!" The victim screamed, attempting to regain his balance but fumbling around instead.

"Wait--is he up?!" Joel screamed, his voice wavering as it attempted to overpower the robots racket.

"Yeah!" Crow replied in a more nazzly voice than normal. He was holding his nose-beak-mouth from when he collided with a skull. "So far up, he hit my beak!" He complained.

"Oh, honey, I'm sorry..." Joel replied in his usual, kind voice.

"Who are you people!? Or--or monsters? Or Demons?" The victim backed into a far corner behind some sort of structure and hid in the already pitch black room.

"Hey, hey, hey, its alright, honey! Don't be scared..." Joel said, stepping lightly towards the man's voice. "We aren't here to hurt you. We're here to help!" Joel's kind voice was a little too high-pitched this time that he made a quite convincing woman on total accident.

"Ar-are you...the devil?" The man asked, still woozy from the whole situation. Joel chuckled lightly and bent down, in front of the man, placing a soft hand on his cheek to see if he was injured,

"No. Far from it, I should hope!"

"Yeah--I am pretty sure the devil's a man..." The man whispered to himself, gently shoving away Joel's hand. Joel became flushed as he only slightly heard what the man had said. He lowered his voice a little in hopes to pull off the gender he actually was.

"Uuuh...well, I certainly am not the devil but... I AM a man...so--that's a..." Joel really couldn't say anything else at this point. He was so embarrassed but really didn't want the other guy to feel bad. There was an awkward pause of silence which the other man ended with an uncomfortable chuckle,

"Well, you can go ahead and throw me back in the loading deck now...." The man replied finally, as if it were nothing.

"Nah, don't be ridiculous!" Joel corrected, "Besides, even if I didn't have respect for human life, the power's all out and the doors are electrically automated, so there isn't really anyway to get you there." He sounding very convincing in his tone of voice so the other man naturally nodded, as if actually throwing him into a literal pit of fire was an option in the first place. "I'm Joel by the way." He stuck a hand out in habit but realized the man couldn't see, so he awkwardly retracted. "And over there is Tom Servo and Crow T. Robot, who you smashed your head into!"

"Oh, you know, I feel really bad about that, I'm sorry Crow T. Robot--"

"Just Crow, please..." Crow's voice was still extra nasally from supporting his wonked up beak.

"Oh...Right..." The man replied, "Uh--Crow...Sorry..." He turned back to where he thought Joel was. "I'm Nelson. Mike Nelson." He reached for a hand of which he expected to be there, but realized there was none, so he, too, awkwardly retracted.

"Well, Mr. Nelson--" Joel began.

"Please...Just Mike." Mike said in a happy tone.

"Of course....Mike. It's my honor--nay... our honor to welcome you to our happy humble abode, the Satellite of Love!" Joel responded.

"Oh, wait--I'm sorry...what?" Mike sounded completely confused. "The Satellite of What??"

"The Satellite of Love, you numbskull!" Servo scolded, a bit jealous of how much attention Mike was getting from Joel.

"Hey, I bet his skull IS numb after what he did to me." Crow complained. (Yes...Still holding his beak like the cry-baby he was.) Mike let out a deep sigh.

"Well, you've really done it, Mike." He began to stand, wincing with every movement. "You've finally gone crazy...or you found a secret LSD cult." He tried reasoning with this off-color situation.

"Oh, no, no no Honey!" Joel added, standing up along with Mike, "We aren't som creepy cult, really. We're just a bunch of goofy guys stuck in space with really no hope of ever getting home." At this Mike cringed and jumped in fright,

"Space!?" He questioned.

"Yep. Deep space. The Underworld Above. The Dark Abyss of Moonlight and Twinkling Wonders. The Fiery Depths of Ebony Skylines With--" Joel was interrupted by the loud noise of Mike stumbling around the panel room, crashing into desks, and reaching the window lever, which he pulled, opening up the big reveal.

"Sp....Spa...Space...." Mike murmured, terrified.

"Ye-Ye-Ye-YEP BUCKO! HA! Guess who gets a new snuggle-buddy!" Crow sing-songed.

"Spaaaaaa--"
With that, and a loud thud, Mike was on the floor, sprawled out like a starfish with just one beam of light shining on him: Earth's.