Personal Space

Smokin' Ladies

Steam began to fill the room, pouring down from the crumbled ceiling above. Joel was usually the first one to pop up and get to fixing, but something was off. Servo's springy little arm whacked Crow in his hockey-mask head.

"Get up, you useless pile of scrap metal!" He hollered.

"Hey, hey, hey! What's the big idea, pal?" Crow said, ticked off. "I was having a nice lovely dream that--" Just then, he interrupted himself with a gasp as he gazed at the scene before him of rubble and steam.

"Jenna?" A scratchy yet soothing female voice said. A figure began to emerge slowly rising out from the smoke.

"S-s-servo, ya gotta see this!" Crow said in a slightly panicky voice, nudging Tom's white clunky shoulder.

"Hey, watch it, buddy! You wanna take me? Huh?!" Servo ranted, as usual. Crow shook his head and just pointed at the figure as the shadowy female flipped her cascading short bob hair before bending down and reaching her arm out. The bots heard a little bit of shuffling and grumbling before backing up to where Joel usually was to cuddle for support, but got none.

"Hey! Where'd he go!?" Crow said obliviously.

"I thought YOU had him!" Servo responded like Joel was some kind of child.

The figure let out a "WOoah!" Before tumbling back forward to where she was reaching.

"Sorry...." Another female voice said. More shuffling and grumbling began until finally the smoke began to clear and the figures escaped the steaming hole above them to reveal two women.

The first woman was wearing a purple jumpsuit with the number * on it. She had short, brown hair, so she must have been the first figure they saw. Her face was tan and freckled with plump lips and hazel-green slanted eyes.

The second woman was the complete opposite of her wearing a pink jumpsuit with the number * on it and long red curly hair. Her eyes were drooped and puppy like and her eyebrows were the same. To match her other features, her nose was long and slanted like a puppy too. In other words, she was plainly adorable.

"Wooooow..." The bots exclaimed in sync.

"What a babe...." Crow slipped.

"Hot mama!" Servo shouted.

"WHAT THE HELL!?" Both women responded.

Crow put a hand on Servo's shoulder and assured him,
"Stay here buddy," He said, "I'll handle this." Crow hopped up and started towards the second woman (he always was a sucker for redheads). "Well, hello! So unexpected for you to drop in--" He attempted to flirt but was halted by the woman screeching a loud panicky scream at the sight of him.

"RASHIDA! I-I-it TALKS!" She shouted while pointing a shaky finger at a confused Crow.
"What talks, Jenna..?" Rashida, the woman in purple, responded while turning to whatever 'it' was.

"Yeah, what!? Where!? What's so terrifying!?" Crow swirled around to see whatever the thing was that scared these two women so much (not knowing that 'it' was him). "Ohhh, that??" Crow chuckled, pointing his golden plastic hand at Servo, "That's my pal Tom! Say hello, Tom!"

"Hello!" Servo responded almost immediately. What's scarier than one mysterious alien-robot-thing talking? TWO alien-robot-things talking! The two women paused a moment before both bursting into horrified screaming and hugging each other for support.
Just then, was awakened to the scene. Feeling pretty useless (might be because he was), Mike ran to where he remembered Joel being and found him cuddled up in fetus position, asleep.

"Joel!" Mike hollered, scrambling to the floor to wake him. "Get up!"

"Oh quiet, honey..." Joel said in his sleep, "You're just too cute..." He murmured with a smile. Mike scrunched his brow in confusion.

"What....did you call me?" He asked, disgusted and confused.

"Come here, ya li'l cutie--" Joel reached out his arms and grabbed Mike, yanking him down to begin cuddling him. Of course, Mike wasn't gonna have any of this so, as any man-handled woman (oops--I mean man) would do, Mike raised an entangled arm and whacked Joel straight across the face. This finally woke him from his odd dream.

"Hey--what was that for?" Joel said with a jolt, sitting upright.

"You were sleep...snuggling a-and saying stuff I..didn't like--plus--" Mike was at another loss for words when another loud scream came from the area beneath the concave ceiling. "--Oh, wouldja just get up and help me shut these robots up?" He yanked Joel's arm and pulled him to where the commotion was coming from.

"You evil demon!" Rashida accused from behind a pointed crowbar aimed at Servo. "Get back! Go back to hell where you emerged!"
"Rashida, calm down. You don't know if they are demons..." Jenna tried to reason but her aroused friend wouldn't hear it.
"Ahaha!" Rashida let out a sarcastic (and sorta psychotic) laugh, "NOT demons? What could they be then, JENNA?"

"Bots!" Interrupted Joel from behind the two terrified robots, "My bots, to be exact."
Both girls shot their glances at the sweet tender-hearted guy who was hugging his bots. Immediately, Jenna's eyes lit up. This man was everything she, personally, thought was perfect. Kind-toned, easy-going, fluffy hair, cute round face--All but one thing....his tag. "GIZMONICS".

"Oh no..." Jenna muttered under her breath, nudging Rashida. "These guys work for--"
"Gizmonics..." Rashida finished. She looked Joel up and down in an analytical way. Then, she went to the next subject. As soon as she caught sight of Mike, she noticed one thing and one thing only: He was staring at her. At first she rolled her eyes but the stopped and perked up in thought. Her plump mouth form a devious smirk as she nudged Jenna back. "Don't you DARE say anything about where we are actually from. Tell them the cover story: We're mechanics and marooned as well. Got it?"

"What?! No! They said only to use it if--" Jenna protested, but Rashida hushed her,

"If any sign of breaching is evident." Jenna's shoulders drooped when Rashida said this. She was right. Anyone associated with the trash institute 'Gizmonics' was bad news for their sort. She nodded, reluctantly, and took a deep breath, readying herself to begin their long-lie.

"Robots, huh?" Jenna began, "Someone must be a handy-man then!" She flirted, knowing flattery was essential for this sort of takedown.

"Y'know, normally men in the mechanic business are harshly unattractive," Rashida gave it a shot, "Its so hard to find a good-looking, strong, hefty man in a business like this..." She regretted trying to flirt because she really didn't like that guy.

"Well, y'know! These things don't happen overnight!" Crow boasted, mistakenly thinking the women were doteing on him.

"Hey, you say you're a mechanic?" Joel stepped up. Jenna immediately took the opoortunity to talk to him,

"Oh yeah! We know our machinery!" She attempted, yet utterly failed. Joel gave her an odd look before slowly backing away,

"Oookaay...Well, I could use some extra hands, and wrenches I guess, fixing up the loading dock if you gals wanna help!"

A sinking feeling of regret rushed over the women.

Neither of them knew how to fix a broken nail, let alone an entire dock.

To this, Rashida whispered,

"We're screwed...."