Personal Space

Like Mother, Like Son

"No, No, NO, Frank! You got it all wrong! I told you the boiler bit in the backend bolt not the bolt-back end in the brittle bowl!" Dr. Forrester rambled, shouting at his simple-minded sidekick. "MUST I call Pearl and her babbling baboon in to do the job of ONE SMALL-BRAINED IDIOT!" He strained too much and grasped his neck in frustration.

"Sorry, your evilness, I'm not half the mechanic Joel was--" Frank began his excuse,

"D'oohhh, Joel is just as bad as you are, you little brat! The only thing he could do was make sarcastic talking robots, and THEY hardly even work!" Forrester was really mad this time. His plan had gone totally array. He needed those 'Gourmet Cheese' boxes ready in the Satellite THAT night. But alas, that wasn't the case.

"Nelson!" A static-y woman's voice started to waver in there monitor where Joel used to come up.

"Honestly, your most ugliest, I didn't mean to of--" Frank began again, not even paying attention to the new voice.

"Shhh!! Wouldjou be quiet?!" Forrester demanded, smacking a hand over Frank's mouth.

"Nelsoooonn!" The harsh female voice started sing-songing. "NELSON!" Was the last growly call before the screen stopped fuzzing and the mads could see now who it was:
Pearl Forrester, Dr. F's mother...?

*GASP*

*GASP*

Both of them were entirely shocked to see each other.
"Clay?!" Pearl questioned her sight.

"Mommy...?" Dr. Forrester replied.

"Frank?" Frank said, obviously oblivious to the whole situation in the first place.

"Didn't I tell you to SHUT UP!?" Forrester hollered once more.

"D'aw, atta boy! I taught you well, didn't I?" Pearl sighed, impressed with her evil indoctrination of her troubled son.

"Oh-oh, yes! You did! But--What are you doing on our monitor? This transmission isn't supposed to connect with anyone else's but the Satellite of Love and anyone associated with it--" Dr. F was interrupted by Pearl's widened blue eyes and he bright red lips letting out a loud gasp.

"Satellite of Love!?" Pearl exclaimed, "You mean the floating piece of space trash that I sent my temp to deliver the vi--" Dr. F slapped his hands on his monitor screen, as if he were covering her mouth so she couldn't speak.

"NO NO--SHHHH!!!!!" She gave him an odd look, "Frank here doesn't know about the--...You-Know-What's yet! Best we keep it between me, you, and whoever 'Nelson' is, got it?" Forrester stretched an awkward smile across his moustached face.

"Well, sure, but," Pearl moved her head away from where his hands were on the screen, "Nelson has no idea what he delivered!" She began to chuckle, "What a dunce, am I right? Actually thought those crates were 'Gourmet Cheese', I mean, come on! What mad scientist would send you to deliver 'Gourmet Cheese' to a competing Cheese Factory!?" Pearl started into a laugh, keeling over a little to reveal to odd henchman behind her awkwardly playing checkers. She leaned back up, catching her breath.

"Hehe..." Forrester let out an uncomfortable chuckle, "Right. Quite funny. I, er, I have some bad news however..." He shoved his hands in his green labcoat pockets. Pearl's brow scrunched angrily.

"Oh no you DON'T! Nelson didn't die on his way, did he? Darn, I knew his POD wouldn't withhold that long of a travel...Well, guess I'll need a replacement temp then, Bobo--" She was about to order her monkey/human henchman to fetch something until Forrester intervened once more,

"Oh, no no no, well..Not that we know of--" He shrugged and discarded the idea, "See, the thing is....er, well...uh..."

"The entire Satellite of Love loading deck caught flames and the sprinklers didn't work. It burned up all the crates, whatever was in them, your delivery man and we think our test subject too." Frank blabbed nonchalantly. Forrester slowly gave him a deathstare and then turned back to the screen.

"Hehe, yes, what Frank MEANS to say is--" He tried to fix this mess, but Frank wasn't finished,

"Ultimately, the long-thought out and most likely very expensive plan you two had in mind burned to a crisp and will never be replaced again." Frank smiled and nodded, glad he finally knew what was going on. Forrester, however, was not.

"Yes...AAaaand--" Dr. Clayton really should get a better sidekick--

"Aaannnd, we are going to have to shutdown our Deep 13 project and never again will we be able to pursue the lives of evil rulers over an unsuspecting co-worker." Forrester had HAD it with Frank. He just gave up and, with a disturbingly angry 'Come here, you', grasped Frank by his neck and began choking him.

"Ah-ah-ah, now now boys, play nice!" Pearl mothered.

The two crossed their arms and turned opposite of each other like pouting children.

"Yes ma'am..." Both said in unison like scolded 4 year olds.

"You really think a tiny pilot flame is gonna set back MY plan??" Pearl scoffed.

"Actually, it was pretty big, y'know, it--" Frank was at it again,

"OH WOULD YOU SHUT YOUR PIE-HOLE FOR CRYING OUT LOUD!!" Pearl put an end to Frank's blabbing and sighed, "Anywho, No! The answer is NO! This isn't gonna set me back. Ooooh no! I have a Plan B! But remember Clayton...." Pearl pointed her gloved finger at the camera and leaned in. "We....are not on the same side." Dr. Forrester straightened his green-rimmed glasses.

"Wait a minute, hold on...Are you saying....Your plan all along was to sabotage MY plan that I ask YOU to plan for ME?" Pearl shot Clayton an odd look.

"Wow...You catch on fast....YES IT WAS, SON!" She began laughing maniacally, "Not once in my life have I admired the dumpster they call 'Giizmmoniicss'," She said this with a mockingly stupid tone, "So, I've spent these last few years PLANNING out how to hijack your Satellite! When you asked me to ship you some of my vi--"

"SHH!! Frank doesn't know, remember?" Forrester put his finger to his lips,

"--Oh..right...sorry." Pearl started again, "When you asked me to ship you some....of THOSE, I just KNEW it was a perfect opportunity!" Forrester's eyes widened,

"Waitaminute, are you saying that you planned that explosion to burst into flames and release the vi--....the...'THOSE' all over my satellite so you could take over and eventually rule the entire Deep 13 project, thus rendering me unemployed and Frank most likely homeless!?" He said this so fast, by the end, he was out of breath.

"Um...actually...yeah, ex--exactly that, y'know, you're a little TOO much like me..." Pearl said with a shudder, "Well, anyways. Thats enough chatting! You go ahead and scream in agony from the loss of trust by your mother! Have a good one, Clay! Bye-bye!"

With that, Pearl was gone. Clayton turned slowly to Frank and Frank to Clayton.

After a moment's pause, the two bursted into screams of agony from the loss of trust by his mother.

But something interrupted them. Another transmission.

"Hello, hello, Boys...." A slightly nasally male voice wavered. The transmission came through and revealed a man wearing all white with green welding goggles on his wrinkly forehead. He twitched his shoulder and snarled a devious smirk. Slowly leaning in, he widened his green eyes.

"Boo."