Un-Fabricated

1 / 1

Bambam looked over his designs for the production of Madame Butterfly once more. The kimono was still slightly off, but he knew that he would have to fix it on the model to get it to work. He already had the measurements and a person in mind to help him with the fitting.
"Bambam-ah!"
The voice he'd been hoping to hear all day called out.
He looked up to see Rosé standing in front of him, a smile on her lips.
"You should take me out tomorrow night."
"Sure, meet you at the station at 7:00."
She giggled turned on her heel and left, the fashion major grinned to himself over the success.

"Why are you grinning like that, it's gross." Yijin commented with a roll of the eyes as she made his americano.
"I scored."
"Oh?" She asked passively, not even looking up from her coffee making.
"Yep! Rosé asked ME out!"
"That's nice." She commented, passing the iced coffee over the top of the counter to him.
"Nice? That's all? She's a dancer for the cheer-leading team, she's beautiful, she's nice, and SHE asked me out."
"Oh, you know what? You're right. I'm sorry...WHOA! AMAZING!! Bow down to the lady killer, Kunpimook Bhuwakul."
"Okay...Not exactly what I meant."
"You wanted enthusiasm, did you not?"

Bambam leaned an elbow against the counter as he took a sip of his iced coffee.
"When do you get off? I need to borrow you're figure."
"Don't you have dress forms for shit like this?"
"Yeah, but they don't have motion like you do."
"Why don't you ask Rosé?" She commented with a bitter tone.
"You're the same shape and size as the lead, plus I'm not in that kind of relationship with her. You're my best friend."
With a long, drawn out sigh she nodded "I get out in twenty minutes, JB-oppa will be here to take over."
"Dope! I'll be over there waiting!"
He messily pointed over towards a table near the door.

"Oh come on stop being embarrassed, why should you be so shy? I've seen you in a bikini which is basically the same thing."
Yijin took a breath and frowned, she stood on the other side of a rice paper divider where she had been instructed to strip down.
"W-well! I...don't know." She grumbled out.
She awkwardly stepped from behind the screen and was met with the fashion major, a tape measure draped over his shoulders. His button up shirt undone one or two buttons, the nice looking black cotton untucked from his jeans.
She could feel her heart pick up, he was so attractive.
She knew exactly why she was feeling shy, she'd had the largest crush on him ever since orientation. Of course she would never tell him that, he was a PLAYER and she was just a chick that he was friends with. Even if he did happen to like her back, it would never last. At last count he had slept with at least eight girls since the start of semester, which was only a couple months before. He wasn't exactly the monogamous type.

Bambam carefully looked over Yijin's figure, she was built in a very delicate and dancerly fashion. You could tell she was a ballerina. He was playing off his embarrassment purely for pride, she was his best friend. There was no reason for him to be embarrassed. He turned around to look through the silks the director had requested him to work with; each a deep shade of red.
"Why couldn't you get the actual actress?" Her exasperated voice commented behind him.
"She's at a workshop for vocal training."
A sigh sounded.
"Oh come on, you know I'm your favorite person in the whole wide world."
He turned to grin at her.
"I don't know, Sicheng and Minghao are pretty amazing."
"You're being stolen away from me? You're replacing me?" He cried dramatically.
"Yep, they've stolen my heart with the eloquent Chinese."
He chuckled as he draped the silk across her skin.
"I could tell you sweet nothings in Thai."
"Not the same."
"Harsh." He sighed.
She shot him a wide grin.

"1 2 3 4 - No. Again." Hoseok's voice called out.
A chorus of groans filled the dance studio.
"Where did we mess up?" Sicheng questioned as he moved back to starting position.
"Yijin and Jungkook were trying to speed up too much."
"Sorry." Yijin called out as she moved back to the start.
A hand landed on her shoulder, she looked up to see Minghao offer her a kind smile at a soft pat.
"5 6 7 8..." They began.

"Jongin, Yijin. I need you to stay and practice your partner performance. We need to have a recording ready before next Tuesday." Hoseok called as the rehearsal came to an end slowly.
"Ne!" They called in unison.
They had been paired together because they were both ballet principal dancers and had training from the International Ballet University.

"Again?" Yijin questioned after the fourth run-through of the song.
"I think I'll pass, we should be able to record tomorrow or Friday."
"I was really hoping you would say that, I need to run. I'm giving a lesson today."
"Tell the kids hello for me!"
"Will do, see you tomorrow Jongin-oppa!"
She grabbed her bag and headed towards the door to the studio.

"You're giving a lesson today, right?" Bambam questioned eagerly.
"Yeah....why?" She raised a brow skeptically, "Since when are you interested in little kids learning ballet?"
"Ever since I realized that I needed to see how a kimono moves in dance."
"No, absolutely not."
"What, you don't even know what I'm gonna ask."
"I'm NOT wearing that to my lesson."
He leaned on the wall of the dorm building dejectedly.
"Tell you what, I'll buy you dinner at that really good ramen restaurant you like in Myeongdong.
"You'll go as far as to bribe me?"
"Pleaseeeeeeeee." He whined out, his bottom lip sticking out ever so slightly.
She let out a very long sigh and held out her arm for the kimono.

"Pyo-sunbaenim? Why are you wearing that?" A small boy questioned as he walked into the dance studio where the lesson was being held.
"Ah- w-well. My friend," She gestured to the fashion major who was casually leaned on the mirror near the corner of the room.
"Wants to see the way this moves when I dance, he's working on it for a play."
"Is that your BOYFRIEND?" A young girl giggled looking up at Bambam, who towered over her.
"Nope. Just a friend." Yijin said quickly, so she could change the subject, "We'll work in sets, now from first position."

Bambam listened to the soft piano music playing across the room, Yijin moving elegantly between the children helping them. The silk of the kimono skimmed across the ground trailing ever so slightly behind her as she went. He looked down at his phone, it was already 6:15.
"Ah, Yijinnie! I've gotta go get ready! Just leave the kimono with Youngjae."
"Okay, bye-"
Was all he heard as he quickly made his way to the door.
"Bye!" He shouted as he closed the door the the studio and headed towards the station.
He needed to change out of his jeans and t-shirt into something a bit more club appropriate and put on some cologne.

Yijin waited patiently for the final parents to come and collect their children. She glanced down at her phone and noticed a text from Sicheng.
| Hey, I just saw Bambam going towards his dorm. Are you walking alone?
| Yeah, he had a date.
She rolled her eyes as she sent the text message.
| Seriously? Don't leave, I'll be there in a few.
A smile lit up her face.
| Thanks.

She glanced out the front window to see Sicheng's chipper face smiling ever so brightly. He pulled open the door and bowed to her.
"Yijinnie." He grinned as he rose.
She bowed back "Sicheng-ah. Thank you for coming all the way out to Myeongdong."
"Of course. It's late, and dark, and unsafe. I can't believe he left you all the way out here alone because he has a date."
"It happens, I don't mind." She mumbled softly.

Walking side by side back towards the station, Yijin offered her companion a smile.
"How'd the lesson go?" He questioned glancing out of the corner of his eye.
"As well as it could have gone in a kimono with a train."
"Yeah, I was wondering why you were carrying that." Sicheng commented with a chuckle.
"Bambam wanted to see the way it moved..." She commented.
"And then he left to go on a date with another girl?"
"Yeah."
"Wow. That sucks. You still haven't told him, have you?"
"Oh please, like I ever could." She scoffed.
He merely shrugged as they entered the station, a small group of business people crowded in front of the platform.

"I'm gonna go to Youngjae's room and drop this thing off. See you tomorrow?"
"Okay, but have him walk you back to your dorm? Also text me when you get back to your room."
"Yes eomma." She laughed.
He gave her an affectionate pat on the head and turned to head off to his dorm.
She pulled her phone out and sent a text to Youngjae.
| Hey, I'm outside. Come let me in, I have to drop off something for Bambam.
A few moments later she received a simple K in response.
After a few minutes of waiting, the smiling face of Choi Youngjae appeared.

"Come on in."
She smiled up at him and followed him over to the elevator.
"What is Bambam making you drop off?"
"A kimono for Madame Butterfly."
"Oh, he has her's done already?"
"Apparently."
"But...why do you have it?"
"He wanted to see the movement."
"Ah, okay." He said as the elevator doors dinged open to his floor.

Yijin took a seat on the edge of Bambam's bed.
"Where is he anyways?" Youngjae questioned.
"He had a DATE."
"Oh? Who with this time?"
"Rosé."
"Never gonna say anything?"
"Come on. Don't pick on me about this." She sighed.
"I'm not teasing, you really should."
"You know just as well as I do, he's not the committed type. All it's gonna create is a severed friendship because he can't keep it in his pants."

Rosé moved against his body like water, he could feel his grin broaden. Her breath puffed against his exposed collarbone.
"My dorm?" She purred into his ear, to be barely heard over the loud trap music playing.
"Yeah." Bambam breathed.
She shot him a smile, lightly tugging on his partially unbuttoned shirt.
They quickly left the club, the sounds of bass fading out as the exited the door.

Yijin let out a sigh as she stood from the bed she was currently sitting upon.
"Could you walk be back to my dorm so eomma Sicheng doesn't have a heart attack?"
"Sure, let's go."
The theater major stood up and opened the door to the hallway.

Youngjae walked into the dorm building beside the dance major. Both were greeted by the sight of Bambam sat on one of the chairs in the lounge: Rosé straddling his lap. The pairs lips were locked tightly. Youngjae glanced over to see Yijin's face. She looked rather icy but still unfazed by what she saw. Hidden under the coldness there was a glimpse of sadness, heartbreak, and disappointment. She lightly patted his arm and quickly made her way to the staircase. Youngjae turned on his heel and left the building because he was disappointed in Bambam's way of dealing with and hiding his feelings for Yijin.

Bambam pulled away long enough to hear the door of the building close.
"Oops." Rosé giggled, "Let's go to my room."
"Okay." Bambam smirked.
His senses were overwhelmed with the smell of lilies and jasmine that Rosé wore in her perfume.

Yijin fought not to feel sad as she sat on her bed in her pajamas. The more she thought about it the more natural it felt to be sad that her crush just wasn't into her. She'd liked him the whole time they'd been friends, there was never a moment that she didn't.
"Idiot." She whispered to herself as she tossed her phone onto her bed.
The screen lay on, a picture of her, Yugyeom, and Bambam making her lock screen.

The sun pushed through the curtains into Bambam's eyes. He slowly opened them, beside him was Rosé who was faced away from him. The blankets of her bed were tangled around his long limbs, he sat up slowly so as not to wake her.
"Bambam-ah."
"Ah, Rosé. Good morning."
"Yeah." She mumbled as she sat up and glanced at him, a slight smile on her lips as she looked him over.
"You're gonna need to button your shirt more today." She giggled.
He looked down at his chest and saw a dark red mark on his peck.
"I guess so." He chuckled, "I have a design class in an hour and I should probably get ready. See you around campus?"
"Yeah, see ya." Rosé commented as she fell backwards back onto her pillow.
It was one of his less awkward morning-afters.
He stood up and pulled on his underwear and jeans. He looked around and finally found his shirt tossed on her desk. He shook his head and slipped it on his shoulders buttoning it up most of the way.

Yijin let out a soft sigh as she put her cap on and opened her door. The hall was dead silent, but that was to be expected for 7 in the morning on a Thursday. She went to the elevator and pressed the down button so she could head to the dance studio to practice in private for a while before Sicheng came to join and help her.

The small box moved down two floors before it stopped and opened. As the doors slid open Yijin was greeted by the sight of her disheveled looking best friend.
His usually well styled black hair was messily pushed off his face, his shit buttons were done wrong. A hickey was prominent on his chest because his shirt was completely off. He entered the elevator car and grinned at Yijin.
"Yijinnie." He said cheerfully.
"Kunpimook-ah." She said quietly, she knew she didn't have a good reason to be so curt with him but she couldn't help herself.
"Did the rest of the lesson go well?"
"Yes, Sicheng made the long trip out to Myeongdong to pick me up because it was late and dark."
"Oh...That's good." He trailed off, he had finally sensed the frigid attitude towards him.
The doors opened on the first floor and Yijin quickly made her way off and out the door.

She stood in the studio, the music for her dance with Jongin playing in the background. She just stood, staring in her own eyes in the mirror wall. She was sad, and dejected, and disappointed in herself. The door opened and she looked over to see Sicheng walking in to work with her.
"What's wrong? You look like you're about to cry." He asked gently.
She felt the tears bubbling up finally, she'd been holding it back trying to act like she didn't really care about him and all the girls he'd slept with. She couldn't not cry anymore, she nodded slightly and felt Sicheng's warm arms wrap around her shoulders and pull her into a hug.
"It's okay to cry." He said quietly.

Jackson made his way down the hall of the dance wing in the performing arts center. He was supposed to go in and help with the recording of Jongin and Yijin for the competition. He looked for the room number 115, Jongin had mentioned meeting around 9 A.M. and that Yijin usually went in really early to practice and he would be there right after his 8 A.M. Statistics class. It was 8:45 so he figured it was acceptable to go in and start setting up the recording stuff. He finally came across the door and pulled it open.
Sitting on the ground were Sicheng and Yijin, her head buried in his chest. His long arms wound around her shoulders lighting rubbing circles on her back.
Feeling awkward he carefully closed the door, hoping neither of them had noticed.

Jackson thought back to what he'd seen in the dance studio, had Bambam been stupid enough to loose his chance with the one girl who would put up with all of his shit? Yijin was perfect for Bambam, she was grounding and calmer. Her sarcastic disposition was something that kept his head from getting too big. Her caring heart kept him from working too hard all the time but still focused enough not to fail all of his classes.
On the other side of it, Sicheng was always with her and they were really close. It was an age thing, Jackson was sure. Sicheng was like a brother to her, wasn't he? He shook his head and decided he needed to talk to Bambam about what he'd seen. He went to work looking for the fashion major.

Thinking back to what had transpired in the elevator, Bambam let out a sigh. He wasn't sure why she had been so cold. She never used his first name, only ever his nickname. The only time she would ever call him Kunpimook was when she was being sarcastic. He'd never heard such an icy tone. He looked around the costume shop, everyone else had left and he was alone with the silks and his thoughts.
The door to the shop flew open and in strode Jackson, a disgruntled look on his face.
"Hyung? What's wr-"
"Why did you let her get away? Why? She was the only one who was ever going to be able to put up with you being yourself? I don't get why you're trying so hard to get over it!"
Never had he seen him look so frustrated and upset.
"Who are you ta-"
"You know who I mean! The only one I would ever talk about dating you!"
"What about her?" He began to sulk.

"Yijin and Sicheng seemed pretty cozy, you let her get away."
"It's none of my business who she dates." Bambam commented passively.
"OH PLEASE! We all know you've liked her ever since you met her, YOU don't just get close to a girl without feeling at least something."
"We're friends, well...we were. She hates me."
"Maybe because you're stupid."
"Wow, Jackson-hyung. You're really boosting my confidence."
"You know it's true, you try to act like you don't have feelings by going on a ton of dates and sleeping with a bunch of girls. Don't you see how sad it makes her?"
"I don't know what you're t-"
"Don't play stupid, you know exactly what I'm talking about."
Jackson stared at him, his brow furrowed in frustration.
"She wouldn't trust me, ever."
"Maybe if you hadn't messed around with all the other girls and just asked her out she would trust you."
Jackson's harsh words really struck him, he knew they were true but he didn't want to hear them aloud.

Yijin let out a soft sigh, she sat in her dorm alone. She hadn't meant to break down, she really didn't have a viable reason to be so upset. She liked him, but that was no reason to break down into tears. Sicheng had been such a sweet person and let her cry. She'd ended up having to cancel on Jongin because she wasn't really fit to dance. She pulled out her laptop and began to work on one of her papers that was due in two weeks, there was no point in stalling on the education aspect of her minor.
Her phone beeped beside her, she looked out of the corner of her eye and saw that it was the group chat with Yugyeom and Bambam.
Gyummie : We should totally go get dduk bok gi tonight!
She figured it was best if she didn't reply, she really couldn't handle social interaction after embarrassing herself in front of Sicheng.
Her phone went off again, this time with a private text from Yugyeom.
| Yijinnie? Are you okay? You usually get really excited about dduk bok gi.
| Ne. I'm okay, I'm just not feeling up to going out.
| Got it, I'll bring you some up to your dorm.
She smiled at his sweet gesture.

There was a knock on the door of her dorm.
"Yijinnie! I'm here."
She stood and walked to her door, she pulled it open to see Yugyeom standing with two large carryout bags.
"Who let you in?"
"Sora-ssi." He smiled widely.
"Ah, come on in." She let him into her dorm and he walked right in and set the food on her desk.
"What's wrong?"
"Hm?"
"You seem really upset, you're not exactly discreet when you're not 100%." Yugyeom commented, a sad look on his face.
"Oh, it's nothing. Just stupid stuff."
"What kind of stupid stuff?"
"Feelings. So, what kind of dduk bok gi did you get?" She quickly changed the subject as she opened the bag of the foods.

Bambam laid on his bed looking at his laptop.
"What's up with you?" Youngjae questioned from his bed.
"Nothing."
"Righttt. So I'm guessing last night went well?"
"Why do you ask?"
"Well, Yijin and I saw you in the lounge of her building with Rosé in your lap."
"You guys saw that?" Bambam questioned sitting up straight.
"Yes, and I must say that I'm disappointed in you."
"You too?" The fashion major let out a large sigh.
"Too?"
"Jackson-hyung is mad at me too."
"What for?"
"Yijin and Sicheng are a thing I guess? He said that I let her get away, please. She wouldn't date me if I asked her, she thinks of me as a player."
"Well...what she thinks is true."
"But it would be different with her."
"Then why cover up liking her?"
"Because she can do better, maybe Sicheng is better for her. They're both dance majors, he speaks Chinese. She always talks about how pretty it sounds."
"Oh honestly." His roommate rolled his eyes sitting up on his bed as well.

"You do get that she really likes you, don't you?" Youngjae asked looking over at the Thai boy.
"What are you even talking about?" Bambam rolled his eyes.
"She's different with you and it's nice. She's usually sarcastic and funny but you make her sharper than a tack, the banter just kinda flows between you both. It's a smooth and fluid thing, you're a very touchy person but you two seem to always touch when you're together I think it's a very natural relationship that you should at least try to peruse."
Saying all that he needed to the theater major fell backwards and picked up the script for Madame Butterfly so he could memorize his lines.

With nowhere to go Bambam wandered aimlessly around the campus trying to figure something to do with himself. He wasn't in the right state of mind to even sew, he looked at his phone and saw that Yugyeom had sent something in the group chat but only one message left unanswered. He let out a sigh and began to make his way towards Yijin's dorm building. The only way he would ever fix this was by talking to her. He pulled out his phone and sent a text to Sora asking if she could let him into the building.
| I mean I guess, why not just ask Yijin?
He didn't reply and just waited for the pre-med student to come let him in.
"Thank you!" He called as he quickly went up the staircase towards Yijin's floor.

He came up to the door and heard laughter inside her room, she had a single room.
"No! The little boy straight up did the splits and it was amazing!" Her voice fell through the door, a laugh at the end of the sentence.
"That's impressive." Yugyeom's voice replied.
Finally Bambam raised a fist and rapped against the door.
"Ne?" Her cheery sounding voice
The door pulled open and he watched as her face turned from happy to something that he couldn't describe.
"I-I wanted to talk?"
"Okay." She said coldly.
She stepped aside and let him into her dorm, Yugyeom sat on the floor a load of takeout containers in front of him.

"I wanted to talk about this morning..." He began.
He saw her eyes start to water.
"I really don't want to." She murmured out.
"N-no please don't cry."
It was at that moment that Yugyeom stood up.
"You both need to talk about this. I'll see you later, you can thank me after this is settled." He turned and left the room.

The room was left silent, tears slipping off Yijin's cheeks. Bambam carefully walked forward and held his arms out to take her into them.
"DOn't!" She cried out, pushing his arms away.
"I don't want to see you cry."
"Then leave! You make me sad!"
"I'm sorry!"
"Don't lie to my face." She spat.
"I'm not, I don't want to hurt you. I never want to hurt you."
"Then why do you always do it?"
"Because you deserve better than anything I could do to try and make you happy." He said finally.
He'd spent over a year pushing his feelings off and acting like they weren't really there.
"Then why does it hurt so much!?" She shouted her small fist hitting his chest.
He seized her wrist and pulled her close to him, wrapping his arms around her so she couldn't see his face.
"Why does it suck so much to think you're with Sicheng?"
"Welcome to my world Kunpimook." She hissed into his chest.

They stood, saturated in silence. Her small sniffles making the only noise in the entire dorm room.
"I'm in love with you." She finally whispered.
"I'm in love with you too." He replied running his fingers through her short black hair.
"Then why do you go out with so many girls?"
"Because I figure if I don't ever try to go out with you, you won't turn me down and you'll meet someone worth your time."
"I want you though. I just want you to me mine, not a one night stand. I don't want to be Rosé."
"You aren't."
"How do I know that?"
"Because I've been in love with you the entire time, I wouldn't ask just anyone to model for me. You're so special and you've never noticed."
She stayed silent, her face pressed into the cotton of his t-shirt.

He pulled away finally to see her clearly.
She looked up at him, her cheeks streaked with the past tears. Her brow furrowed ever so slightly, her almond shaped eyes tinged red.
He lightly traced his thumb over where she'd cried.
"I'm so sorry."
She nodded and looked down.
"Me too. I didn't mean to be so mean to you this morning. I-I"
"You had every right. I'm sorry for what you saw."
She dropped her gaze.
Carefully he took her chin in his hand and looked her in the eyes. Her eyes widened as they met his.
He leaned in and pressed his lips to hers lightly, after a second she kissed back seemingly surprised.

Yijin felt her heart rate pick up as she slowly wrapped her arms around Bambam's neck. He pulled her closer, she could feel all the passion and love that was put into the kiss. He pulled her ever so slightly closer to him. His hands rested on her mid-back.
Finally he pulled away and met her eyes, his face a light tinge of pink as he looked her over.
"I've never seen you blush." She smirked.
"That's because tough guys don't blush."
"Oh shut up." She snickered.

Yugyeom leaned against the wall behind Youngjae's bed, a smile on his face.
"Do you think they'll finally figure it out hyung?"
"Yijin and Bambam?"
"Yeah."
"I'm sure they will. We've been pushing for months. You'd think this would have been sorted out last semester, but nooo. They're both too clueless and stubborn."
Mark snickered from his seat on the floor, his sketch book beside him.
"He'll probably take all the credit though, it doesn't matter how long we've tried to get them together." Mark commented shaking his head.

________________________

Bambam looked up from his design book as he heard the door to the costume shop open. In walked his girlfriend, she was carrying two large iced americanos and a small box of what appeared to be dim sum.
"What are you doing up? It's eleven at night. You shouldn't be wandering around in the dark."
"It was fine, Jackson-oppa made sure I got here safe. He also gave me some dim sum to share. So come on, take a break and eat with me."
He let out a teasingly loud sigh and stood from his seat on the stool at the work table.
She took a seat, cross-legged, on the floor near the center of the shop. She set the coffee's down and opened the box of dim sum.
"You still owe me ramen in Myeongdong, you know."
"Of course I do." He said with a mock offended expression, "How could I ever forget all the shit you've done for me."
"That's a fair point. Anyways, say ahh." She extended her chopsticks in an offer to feed him.
Slowly Bambam opened his mouth and let her feed him, he smiled at her as she pulled the chopsticks away.

"How are the costumes coming?"
"I've finished Pinkerton's costume, Chocho's detail work is finally done, now all that's left is the maid and Kate."
"How easily will those come together?"
"Kate will be easy, she's just an American woman. The maid will be a little harder because that's another entire kimono."
"Ah, well I hope it goes well."
"It should, I have another month before opening."
He picked up some of the dim sum and held it out to her.
She stared at him, a blush on her cheeks.
"Ahh~!"
Slowly she let him push the food into her mouth, he shot her a wide grin.

"Come on, you've been in here since you got out of your 1 P.M. class. It's almost midnight. You need sleep." Yijin commented as she leaned against the table.
"I'm almost done. Just a bit longer." He made another mark on the dark pink silk.
She laid her head on the table and stared up at him.
"Come on, it's late."
Her voice sounded heavy with sleep.
"You can just stay in my dorm, it'll be fine." Bambam commented.
"No. Youngjae will never let us live it down." She chuckled.
"Okay, we'll just stay in your dorm."
"Okay, only if you leave with me right now while I'm still awake."