Status: New and Active!

Always & Forever

prologue - then ; 1940

"Octavia!"

Niklaus' voice thundered down the hall as Octavia ran. She could hear his footfalls behind her and wondered absently why neither of them were using their supernatural speed.

Suddenly, a strong arm reached out and pulled her into a darkened room. Octavia panicked until she looked into Elijah's warm brown eyes. He held her tightly and she pushed her head into his chest.

"What is it this time?"

Elijah's voice was gentle and Octavia wondered for maybe the millionth time why she'd picked the brother she had.

"He knows. About us."

She informed him of the fact and felt him tense within her arms.

"How did he find out?"

"I told him. I thought he would commend my honesty."

"Your honesty?"

Klaus' voice boomed as he turned the corner into the room. He flipped the light on and took in what he saw in front of him; his lover and partner of almost ten years in the arms of his best friend and favorite brother. Elijah flew off of Octavia like she was on fire and moved toward his brother.

"I don't think I need to hear anything more from either of you."

Klaus' venomous words echoed as he disappeared from their view in less than a moment.

Octavia looked at Elijah helplessly and he stared back. Both of them knew better than to try and follow Klaus; he was bound to kill them both if provoked further.

Not knowing what else to do, Octavia went to the bedroom she and Klaus shared and packed a bag. She left in the middle of the night and never saw either of them again.