Status: New and Active!

Always & Forever

ten - glad you're back

"What do you mean 'she's gone'?!"

Elijah's voice thundered through the compound, seemingly almost shaking the very foundation.

"I don't believe I stuttered, brother. Now shut the hell up and come help me find her!"

Klaus thundered back, both of them looking up just as Kol entered the room. He was out of breath and had obviously rushed.

"I could hear you idiots from down the street. What's going on?!"

Kol asked the question, but a look at Nik and Elijah's faces answered his question immediately.

"Damn it. Let's go."

Kol made the demand, and was surprised when both of his brothers listened without a word.

~~~~~


"I'll keep an eye out. Bye."

Marcel rolled his eyes and hung up his cell phone, shoving it back into his pocket. Standing still for a moment to listen to the city around him, he heard a female sobbing and wasn't sure if it was the right female, but thought it might be. Sure enough, as he tracked the noise, he found Octavia curled into a ball in an alley. Makeup was smeared down her face by her tears and she was covered in blood that didn't smell like it should be hers. Stepping closer, Marcel saw that there was a human man dead beside her and took yet another step closer.

"Don't! I'll kill you!"

Octavia screamed the words at him through her tears and he smiled.

"Afraid you won't be able to hurt me, doll."

Marcel tossed the words back at her and she seemed to think about them for a minute before deciding he was right.

"I don't... I don't know what happened. I just... he was going to attack me, I think... and then I just got angry and... and something happened... and... and he's dead."

Octavia sobbed at him and he took another step closer.

"Listen, O, I know you don't remember me right now, but we know each other, okay? I'm not going to hurt you, but we do need to get out of here before someone hears you and calls the police. One of my guys will come take care of the body."

"We're... we're friends?"

She asked him the question, and he smiled.

"Not exactly. We actually kind of get on each other's nerves. But I do want to help you right now."

She studied him for a long moment, and he reached out to give her his hand to help her up. She stared at it for a long time before extending hers into his slowly.

He led a ways away and into the front gate of a compound that looked vaguely familiar. As soon as they entered, they were approached by three men, one of which was the guy that had tried to feed her his blood right before she'd run away, and a blonde woman. All four of them looked concerned.

"Octavia. Thank goodness."

The one standing in the middle said, moving to her. He had perfectly-coiffed hair and his voice was smooth and steady. His dark eyes bore into hers and for some reason, she felt safe with him.

"Thank you, Marcellus."

The blonde one with the accent thanked her rescuer, stepping closer to her as well.

"Don't scare us like that!"

The third man smiled at Octavia and stepped closer too. He was the tallest of the bunch, looking quite a bit like the one that had spoken first, but speaking with more of an accent. His lanky frame seemed vaguely familiar to her.

"Stay safe, O."

Her rescuer, Marcellus apparently, said before turning around and walking back out of the compound. She watched him go, almost wishing he hadn't left her. Even though he'd said that they weren't really friends, she'd trusted him. The other three, however, she wasn't sure about yet.

The woman who was still standing behind them stepped forward.

"Are you thirsty?"

She asked Octavia, offering her a glass of red liquid. Octavia nodded slowly, reaching for the glass hesitantly.

"It's alright, love, drink it."

The third man said, stepping closer to her and putting a hand on her shoulder. Octavia took the glass from the woman, downing it in one gulp. As soon as she did, everything instantaneously came back to her. She blinked hard, shaking her head to clear it.

"Koley?"

She whispered his name, opening her eyes and hugging him.

"Glad you're back."

He whispered the words, holding her closely. Over his shoulder, she watched as Nik, Elijah, and Freya all three seemed to sigh in relief.