Status: New and Active!

Always & Forever

eleven - i'll be ready

A few more days passed, and Octavia had a Mikaelson babysitter every minute of every day. She wasn't entirely mad about it, though. Her blackouts were getting more frequent; sometimes she'd even wake up screaming and completely lost until one of them offered her their blood.

Finally, the week had passed and it was time to go see the witch that might be able to save her. This time, Kol invited Elijah and Klaus himself, with no argument with Octavia beforehand.

They made their way out to the far reaches of the bayou carefully, slowed down only by the fact that all of them insisted on watching Octavia probably a little too closely.

When they finally made it to their destination, all four of them were instantly on alert. It wasn't completely surprising that a witch's property would make them all uncomfortable, especially a witch of this one's caliber. But in Octavia's opinion, something felt different even beyond that.

Kol knocked on the front door and it swung open under his fist. He stared at it for a second, and then a voice could be heard coming from within the small cabin.

"If you think I'm inviting in the entire Original family, you're out of your minds. The only one who has my permission to come in is the girl."

A woman's voice floated to their ears, and Klaus, Kol, and Elijah were instantly protesting.

"It's the only way."

Octavia said the words sternly, glad for the fact that she sounded much braver than she felt. Finally, they all agreed and Octavia stepped inside slowly. As she did so, she saw the owner of the voice. It was maybe the oldest woman she'd ever seen. She was sitting in an arm chair in the corner of the room with a blanket around her shoulder.

"Octavia. Sit."

The witch instructed, motioning to the dusty couch in front of her. Octavia listened to her, perching on the edge of the couch and staring at her.

"Can you help me, ma'am?"

Octavia squeaked out the question, wondering faintly why she was so intimidated of this woman.

"Maybe. Give me your hand. I need to read you first."

The woman reached a shaking hand and Octavia hesitated before placing her fingers inside of it. The woman clutched her tightly, closing her hands and mumbling an incantation. A moment later, she gasped and dropped Octavia's hand dramatically.

"You're... both, aren't you? Wolf and vampire?"

"Yes, ma'am."

"That's why the curse was so effective on you. It's taken hold of whatever part of you is still human in there and it's gonna be near impossible to get it to let go."

"But can you help me?"

Octavia asked the question just as the smell of someone new in the cabin permeated the air. Octavia flipped around to see a man with a cloth mask over his face coming toward her quickly. She moved to take him down, but he took out a pistol and shot her. At first, she laughed at the wound; a normal bullet had nearly no effect on her. But then a moment later, she felt herself slipping out of consciousness.

"No... 'Lijah... Koley... Nik..."

She mumbled their names, able to hear them screaming for her from outside of the house that they were unable to enter.

"They can't save you. No one can."

The man who shot her spoke softly, and as he spoke he shot Elijah, Niklaus, and Kol with supernatural speed. All three of them fell to the ground and didn't make another noise. He kneeled beside her head and picked it up by her hair. She winced and then everything went black as he knocked her head hard into the ground.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

The next thing Octavia knew, she was jolting awake because of some sort of electric current hitting her hard in the stomach

The next thing Octavia knew, she was jolting awake because of some sort of electric current hitting her hard in the stomach. Once her eyes were open, she realized it was a cattle prod.

"That the best you've got?"

She spit the words at her attacker, the same man who'd shot her and knocked her out.

"No, it's not, actually."

He replied to her, hitting her again with the prod.

"They will come for me. They will kill you."

"Maybe so. But I'll be ready when they do. Right now, though, they've been spelled to forget where this place is, and in the meantime I think it's time you and I had some fun."