Status: New and Active!

Always & Forever

twelve - real power

"Who are you?"

Octavia spit the words at her captor for the umpteenth time. Just like all the times before, he just stared at her.

"They're going to come for me, you know? They're going to, and they're going to kill you."

Octavia spit the threat at him, leaving out the fact that she could already feel Freya's magic inside her head, looking for her. One perk of her drinking an Original's blood was that she could then be tracked by their blood.

Knowing that they were looking didn't make her less afraid, though. Mostly what she was afraid of was the fact that while she could feel Freya searching for her, she could also feel her brain slowly slipping away because of her recent lack of Original blood. Freya had been telling her that she wasn't sure what would happen if they let her brain go for too long without the blood, but Octavia wasn't exactly excited to find out.

"Listen, okay, I'm not sure what this is or why you're doing this, but I'm sick. I'm dying. You can't keep me here."

Octavia said the words quietly, thinking maybe changing her angle would do something. The man just scoffed at her.

"I know you're dying. I don't care. In fact, my lovely sister in there is the reason you're dying. Maybe you'll recognize her true form. We had to use the pesky costume to lure you in, you know?"

He motioned into the other room of the cabin and the witch Octavia had met in Paris stepped out, a smile on her face. She was wearing the same clothes the old woman had been earlier... oh. Of course. She was the old woman from earlier.

"What? What is this?"

Octavia asked the question, knowing she wasn't going to get an answer.

"They're going to come for me."

Octavia repeated the words again, letting her head droop.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

"How much time does she have?"

Nik asked Freya the question, watching her as she studied the table she did her magic at.

"I don't know yet. I have a sense of her essence, but I can't get a location on her just yet."

Freya looked at him, knowing he was about to explode with rage and embarrassment.

"We should have been more careful! This is our fault!"

Nik kicked a chair beside them and it flew across the room. Elijah and Kol appeared behind him and both put a hand his shoulders.

"We'll find her, brother."

Elijah sounded much more confident than he felt, and Kol gave him a sad look over Nik's shoulder.

"Of course."

Kol agreed, hoping they were right. While he'd been looking for a witch to help with Octavia's ailment, he'd also found out a bit of information about it. He'd managed to find that though you could make a sort of antidote, if the infected subject went without the antidote for more than eight hours, their brain would deteriorate altogether and it didn't seem that there was a way to get it back. He hadn't told Octavia that because he hadn't wanted to scare her, but now not telling her was all he could think about. If he'd told her, no doubt she would have taken some blood with her or something.

"Wait."

Freya spoke quietly, her eyes closed. Her three brothers crowded around her, studying the map that was laid out on the table. The dots of blood that represented the three of them and the blood of theirs that Octavia had ingested started moving about wildly, finally landing somewhere.

"There. She's there."

Freya pointed, and Nik and Kol started instantly walking toward the door. Elijah put his hands on their shoulders to pause them.

"Do you still have a link on her brain? We need to know what version of her we're getting; the one who knows us or the one who doesn't."

Elijah asked Freya, and she nodded.

"Yes, I have the link for now and she seems okay, but her brain is getting weaker. We need to hurry."

Elijah nodded and turned to leave the compound with his brothers. Freya followed closely behind, shutting the heavy front door behind her.

"Just remember we've got to be careful here. This is real power we're dealing with. If they're strong enough to wipe an Original's mind with a simple spell, who knows what they're capable of."

Freya warned, almost able to feel the rage radiating off of the three of them.

"It won't matter what they're capable of when they're dead."

Kol's words hung heavy in the evening air, both of his brothers nodding in agreement.