Status: New and Active!

Always & Forever

fourteen - for the time being

Freya worked diligently day and night for the next few weeks to find a cure for Octavia's curse. All she ended up coming up with was a potion that she could drink that seemed to stop the signs of aging. It didn't make her remember anything, but it did seem to significantly slow down the inevitable.

Octavia kept to herself, spending most of her time alone in her room. Kol was the only one of the brothers she seemed to really trust, and he figured it was probably because he was the only one she hadn't seen rip someone's heart out with their bare hands when she had no idea what was going on.

When she wasn't alone, she was with Kol listening to him tell her stories that seemed absolutely fantastical but apparently were about her life and his and his brothers' lives. He told her about how she was a former witch but current vampire/werewolf hybrid. He told her that his family were the original vampires. He told her that both of his brothers had been and maybe still were in love with her. He told her that she was the best friend he'd ever had. All of it was just a little too much for her sometimes, but she liked hearing it anyway. At first she'd firmly believed he was making it all up, but then the more he told her, the more she realized how impassioned about it he was. There was no way he'd care as much as he did if they were simply just stories.

Sometimes late at night, Kol's brothers would sneak into her room to talk to her or just watch her as she pretended to sleep. At first it was pretty alarming, but then the more she listened to the words they said, the more she started to realize just how much she actually seemed to mean to both of them.

Niklaus was angry. He felt like he should've done more to save her. He wished he'd been able to protect her and promised he'd find a way to save her. He told her that he knew she loved Elijah more and he could accept it over time, but she needed to pull through and live and they needed to get her memories back.

Elijah mostly just seemed sad. He told her he loved her a lot and apologized for not chasing her when she left the first time they knew each other. He talked about how he'd never wished to marry anyone or anything of the sort until he'd met her. He told her he'd never once stopped thinking about her over the seventy-five years they'd been apart. He told her about how he'd wished he would have found her and they would have had a life together. She couldn't be sure, but she thought that sometimes she could hear him quietly sobbing just before he'd leave the room.

As much as she didn't remember any of them, it was clear that they were who they said they were and felt what they said they felt. All of them seemed to care so much about her, and she couldn't help but feel like she should care more about them. She knew they'd existed in her brain once. She could feel their presences buried deep down inside somewhere. She just... didn't remember them. She tried as hard as she could and racked her brain for even the tiniest sliver of recollection, but it wasn't there. So for the time being, she had to be content with listening to Kol's stories, drinking Freya's potion and hoping she didn't die before she even got to remember who she was.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hello! I'm really glad to hear people are liking this! I have to apologize, though, because I know I've been pretty slow with updates and also the chapters haven't been as long as they could be (this one included), but I've honestly been in a bit of a rut with this; for a while I wasn't totally sure where it was going to go and was kind of just letting it flow and seeing what happened. Now I think I have more of a solid plan, though, so hopefully the updates will get faster and the chapters will get longer! Thanks for sticking around!