Status: New and Active!

Always & Forever

fifteen - is it gonna hurt

Finally, after about a month of Octavia feeling lost and unsure of just about everything, Freya and Kol ran through the front doors of the Mikaelson compound excitedly. They both whipped off the coats they'd been wearing in the chilly winter evening and gathered around Octavia.

"Elijah, Nik, get down here!"

Kol called the order to his brothers, and Octavia's heightened hearing heard both of them coming at once.

"What is it?"

Niklaus asked the question, a hint of excitement in his voice.

"We did it. We finally managed to find a cure for Octavia!"

Freya radiated excitement as she spoke and Octavia couldn't help but get a little bit excited herself.

"What is it?"

Elijah asked his siblings, his voice controlled an quiet, but as he spoke he placed a hand on Octavia's shoulder and squeezed lightly. She'd gotten used to small touches like that from all three brothers; it seemed like they almost thought that maybe if they touched her, it would bring them back into her mind. It never worked, of course, but she'd gotten used to it either way.

"You may not like it..."

Freya trailed off and Elijah looked at her severely.

"Go on..."

"We'll have to drain a significant amount of her blood. She'll have to essentially die."

Elijah was shaking his head before Freya even finished.

"No."

"No."

Elijah and Nik said the word at the same time, glancing at each other quickly before looking back at their sister and youngest brother.

"Not happening."

Nik said it again, almost as if he wanted to make sure they'd heard him.

"Will it bring me back? The real me?"

The Mikaelsons looked at Octavia almost as if they'd forgotten she was there.

"Yes. We've been working with one of the best witches I've ever met, Vincent Griffith. Apparently the curse originates from somewhere very far back in his ancestry. He was able to search through old grimoires and find us the solution."

Freya explained it to Octavia, and Octavia nodded.

"And I won't actually die?"

"No. As I said, we'll have to drain a lot of your blood so that we can essentially drain the curse out of it. You may get to the point of basic death. But your vampirism mixed with your wolf side will keep you hanging on. If nothing else, feeding on an Original's blood will heal you and make your blood regenerate faster."

Octavia looked between all four Mikaelsons and thought about it. Over the almost two months she'd spent with them not knowing who she was, she'd grown very fond of them. She liked how they treated each other as a family, and she liked that they'd seemed to find some sort of a space within that family for her. Besides, if all the stories Kol had told her were true, apparently she, Nik, and Elijah had some sort of strange love triangle business that they needed to work out.

"Let's do it."

She said the words, nodding and hoping she looked and sounded more confident than she felt. The idea of the whole thing scared her to her core; the whole 'draining your blood until you're essentially dead' thing was scary, but not knowing anything about herself or her life was scarier. She was desperate to get her life back; to really remember who she was. 

"Octavia-,"

Elijah started to speak, but she cut him off.

"I said let's do it. You trust your sister, don't you?"

Octavia asked, glancing at Freya. Freya smirked and looked between her brothers.

"Fine. I don't like it though."

Niklaus said the words, walking away quickly.

"You're much less cute when you pout."

Octavia threw the quip at him and was surprised when he stopped in his tracks and threw her a small smile over his shoulder.

"Good to know you really are in there somewhere."

Niklaus said the words quietly before continuing on his way up the stairs.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

A few hours later, they were set up in Freya's spell room. Octavia lay on a cot on the floor. Kol sat on the floor beside her and Nik and Elijah stood with Freya behind her table. She was going to need to channel both of them to complete the spell; she said it would work better with three to five witches, but two Originals should do the trick. Kol got the task of slowly draining Octavia's blood as the spell was preformed.

"Ready?"

Freya asked the question, causing Octavia to lock eyes with Kol and take a deep breath.

"It's alright, love. We're gonna fix you right up."

Kol's accented tone was soothing and Octavia nodded.

"Is it gonna hurt?"

She asked, and he smiled.

"Quite a bit probably. But squeeze my free hand and you'll be okay."

He wrapped his fingers around hers and they both nodded.

"Alright."

Freya took a deep breath, holding Nik and Elijah's hands. She started chanting her incantation and Octavia closed her eyes as Kol cut into the fleshy side of her thigh. Octavia cried out and instantly felt the blood dripping out of the wound.

Kol continued to cut and Freya continued to chant, and Octavia wasn't sure how long they'd been going but she felt as if it had been hours. She could feel a lot of the cuts healing quickly because of her supernatural sides, but some of them seemed to linger open just a little bit longer. The more blood she lost, the more she started to feel faint. She squeezed Kol's hand and he squeezed back, and suddenly she felt herself drifting into unconsciousness.

"Kol..."

She whispered his name, feeling vaguely as he cut her again.

"You're going to be alright, love."

She heard his soothing voice as she faded into the darkness.

"Kol..."

She whispered his name one more time, unsure of whether or not it had actually be out loud.