Status: New and Active!

Always & Forever

sixteen - a bit of a little shit

"Is she alright? Is it done?"

"It's done. She's fine."

"Why isn't she waking up, then?"

"It may take a few minutes. She was just drained of almost all of her blood, after all."

"She's healing."

"Of course she is."

"Maybe we should take her up to her room?"

"No. Leave her. It won't be that long. Stop hovering. She's okay."

The voices flooded into Octavia's brain, and she felt a little tinge of emotion when she recognized them. Elijah, Klaus, and Kol were worried. Freya kept telling them to essentially calm the hell down. She smirked, her eyes slipping open slowly.

"Listen to your sister, loves."

The words were hoarse coming out of Octavia's throat, but the four Mikaelsons looked at her and smiled.

"You remember us?"

Kol asked, leaning in and kissing her on the forehead.

"Yes. I remember that you're clingy in the sweetest way. I know that Nik is doing his best right now to pretend he's detached and cold but is actually quite happy to see me. I know that Elijah is maintaining his tough-guy demeanor even though he wants to hug me. I know that I owe my life to sweet Freya."

Octavia evaluated them, making all four of them smile. Kol gave her another kiss on the forehead and Freya gave her a tight hug. Klaus squeezed her shoulder, and then the three of them exited the room quietly. As soon as they were gone, Elijah threw himself onto the cot and engulfed her in his arms.

"You had me worried for a moment there."

He whispered the words into her hair, and she smiled into his shoulder.

"Just for a moment?"

He nodded into the embrace and then surprised her by pulling away just slightly and pressing his lips firmly onto hers. He kissed her with more passion than she'd ever experienced and it was all she could do not to just melt into him. She kissed him back, her arms snaking around his neck and holding him tight.

He pulled away a moment later, looking her intensely in the eyes.

"I suppose maybe I should have asked you whether you'd be staying... or whether you've chosen Niklaus."

Elijah's voice was quiet and reserved, like he was using every ounce of his energy to stop himself from kissing her once more. Octavia rolled her eyes and Elijah looked at her curiously.

"I loved Nik once. You know that. He was quite possibly my first love, and I was absolutely infatuated with him." Octavia spoke, her arms still wrapped tightly around Elijah, holding him in place. His eyes darted away from hers as she continued. "But I fell in love with you, and you know I always loved you so much harder than I loved him. I did. I wasn't used to someone being so protective and kind to me. I wasn't used to someone like you. Hell, I'm still not. But I love you, Elijah Mikaelson. I choose you, and I always did. That's why I left; because I didn't know what Nik would do if he found out that it was always going to be you. From the moment your lips touched mine for the first time all those years ago, it was you."

Elijah's eyes made their way back to hers and he smiled more genuinely than she'd ever seen. He kissed her again, his lips tender and gentle against hers. Smiling into the kiss, she took his bottom lip into her mouth, biting it just lightly. He smiled back and leaned further into the kiss.

A moment later, he pulled away very slightly.

"I love you, Octavia."

He whispered the words into her lips, kissing both of them individually before letting her respond.

"I love you too, 'Lijah," she whispered back, kissing him again.

Not a minute later, the door of the room burst open and Kol hurried in.

"I'm sorry. I was listening at the door because I'm a bit of a little shit. But I'm just so excited about all of this and I had to say something right now because if I went and told Niklaus somehow I feel like he wouldn't be as happy as I am."

Kol rambled the words, making Octavia giggle. She stood and crossed the room to hug his tall lanky figure.

"Thanks, Koley."

She laughed into his embrace and he held her at arms' length and regarded her seriously.

"This had better mean you're not leaving New Orleans..."

He trailed off, and she shot a look between him and Elijah.

"Not any time soon, K. Don't you worry."

She smiled and hugged him again. Just as they pulled away, there was a loud crash from somewhere downstairs.

"Bets on the fact that Nik has heard this whole thing?"

Kol joked, listening as a couple of more crashes echoed up the stairs.

"I suppose I should go talk to him..."

Octavia trailed off, shooting a look at Elijah.

"Please do. I can't tell you how many times I've had to sit through the agony of watching Rebekah and Freya try to shop for new furniture because Niklaus has broken the things we just bought six months before."

Elijah smiled at her, watching as she rolled her eyes and sighed.

"You're the only one he probably won't punch."

Kol laughed and nodded toward the door.

"Damn you, Mikaelsons."

She sighed again, rolling her eyes at both of them.

"We hear that a lot... not sure why."

Elijah smirked again, causing Kol to let out a small giggle.

"Fine."

She spit the word, flipping them off behind her back as she went. She heard them both laughing as she reached the stairs and couldn't help but smile to herself.